Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by pbr View Post
    It's becoming more apparant to me that Tech needs it next coach to be someone from outside the program. Excluding the short tenure of Jim Narhgang, the other coaches (Boxer, Watters, Russell) with MTU ties have terrible records. The two with the most success (Brown and Mancini) had no ties to Tech and actually had established some pretty good teams and had the program looking like it may actually sustain some success. That being said, I have no idea who would be a good fit and have no names to chip in, but we need someone from outside this program to turn it around.
    I agree. The other thing to note is that head coaches tend be better candidates than assistant coaches. Not counting Mel, my first choice would be a Div III head coach with a winning record who's looking to move up to a Div I salary and facilities. Someone like Coughlin at St. Norberts or Freeman at Wisconsin-River Falls...
    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
    Abe Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
      I agree. The other thing to note is that head coaches tend be better candidates than assistant coaches. Not counting Mel, my first choice would be a Div III head coach with a winning record who's looking to move up to a Div I salary and facilities. Someone like Coughlin at St. Norberts or Freeman at Wisconsin-River Falls...
      It seems to me that it has to be a top assistant from the wcha. I know it's a pipe dream but you'd have to push hard for a guy like eades.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

I think it needs to be someone currently coaching in either the WCHA or at one of the better CCHA programs. I'd say HEA is also acceptable, but I don't think you're going to get anyone out there willing to move to Bumfck UP and try to turn a program around.

Comment

If the change does happen, I have to believe that Eades is the leader in the clubhouse with both the "he might actually come here" and "he's a pretty **** good candidate" aspects down.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Anyone want to get some t-shirts?

*****http://i768.***********.com/albums/xx324/btbenedi/my_team_is_better_than_your_team_tshirt-p235520373217975189ud3o_400_display_image-1.jpg******

Edit:

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the "Our Band Can Beat Up Your Band" banner, please let me know, the band is currently looking for it....
            Last edited by techcodemonkey; 12-09-2010, 04:26 PM.

Comment

IMHO, no one in MTUs chain of command would be classless enough to fire Coach in the middle of the season. not after all he has given to this team.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Oh I'm not sure any of us regulars want to see Russell fired today or think it's a good idea. He deserves the whole season. The question is what's next.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                  If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the "Our Band Can Beat Up Your Band" banner, please let me know, the band is currently looking for it....
                  My friend originally made that, and AFAIK he still has possession of it. He was a member of the band all four years, now works for Consistacom in Hancock, and likely still pops in to annoy/embarrass Nick from time to time. Assuming he travels home for Christmas, he'll probably be at the GLI. I'm pretty sure you know who I'm talking about.

Comment

Agreed Shirtless.

Doesn't it seem like we've been here before though. The team struggles we guess on Jamie's replacement and then the team does okay and we start to think Jamie can figure it out. I would guess Olson comes back, maybe Baker and we win some games, I wonder if we get back into the mindset that maybe Jamie can make this work if he's given another year. Probably because I really do want Jamie to succeed at this job, it just doesn't look like right now.

Comment

Bakes is officially sitting out the year. He started the redshirt process last week.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        Agreed Shirtless.

Doesn't it seem like we've been here before though. The team struggles we guess on Jamie's replacement and then the team does okay and we start to think Jamie can figure it out. I would guess Olson comes back, maybe Baker and we win some games, I wonder if we get back into the mindset that maybe Jamie can make this work if he's given another year. Probably because I really do want Jamie to succeed at this job, it just doesn't look like right now.
                        Well said.

I'm listening to the game on the radio, and Dirk keeps referring to Minnesota State. I think he's given up now and is just referring to the Mavericks.

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NXeO9_Ec7w?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NXeO9_Ec7w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

We stink. Do we win another game this year? Some dumb penalties in the third period yet again.

Comment

It's time to blow some passes!
                              It's time to miss the net!
                              It's time to get embarrassed on the Husky Show tonight!

*bah* *bah* *bah*

It's time to slack on defense!
                              It's time to dump and watch!
                              It's time to fail at hockey on the Husky Show tonight!

Why do we always come here?
                              I guess we're really lame
                              It's like some kind of TORTURE!
                              To have to watch the game!

*bah* *bah* *bah*

Their power play has started!
                              Our PK is ********!
                              We smell like someone sharted,
                              and they scored on us again!
                              We can never win!
                              This line doesn't rhyme!
                              SCREW IT, LET'S GET DRUNK!
                              This is what we call the Husky Shhhhhoooooowwww!

*barry sax blast*

Comment

Doriott's out for a month, minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X