Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Apparently Olson had surgery to fix his hand the other day.

Comment

Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      Brett Olson is out 6 weeks
      Here we go again.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Well, you could see that coming. He didn't get injured until late last year, so he's never missed a significant amount of time for us. In a way, he was due.

I guess that makes Kattelus our #1 center until the GLI, at the earliest (SCSU series is more likely)? So Brett will miss at least seven games.

Comment

Oh and with Baker, Jamie said that they are looking to get him back in the new year. However, there is a possibility that Baker would just medical red shirt. This probably won't happen unless his return time gets pushed back further or he re-injures.

Comment

What led to the injury? Did I hear he took a puck to his hand?
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Drive time is below. I was going to ask if anyone knew anything about Brett, but that's been addressed below. Anyone know anything more about the Pietila rumors?

Word is that he's leaning toward MTU.

Comment

Here is a story I got from an old geezer here in suburban Detroit regarding the Dee.
                he graduated about 55 or so.

Apparently, according to this gentleman, Early on the ice at the Dee is at the same elevation as the lake and in fact was the lake. And as you all know, the Dee was unheated. except at the ticket window. So they really relied upon the elements to keep the ice cold and there was no refrigeration unit at all. just mother nature. so one winter carnival there is a thaw and the players had to come out with shovels and scoop an inch of slush off the ice before the games could be played.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Here is a story I got from an old geezer here in suburban Detroit regarding the Dee.
                  he graduated about 55 or so.

Apparently, according to this gentleman, Early on the ice at the Dee is at the same elevation as the lake and in fact was the lake. And as you all know, the Dee was unheated. except at the ticket window. So they really relied upon the elements to keep the ice cold and there was no refrigeration unit at all. just mother nature. so one winter carnival there is a thaw and the players had to come out with shovels and scoop an inch of slush off the ice before the games could be played.
                  that's awesome!
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                    Word is that he's leaning toward MTU.
                    Thanks JSR. I wonder if this plays in at all as to why we haven't had a news item regarding who has signed their LOI to play hockey at Tech. Usually that comes out around now.

Comment

Thanks JSR.
                      I guess there's a first time for everything...

Comment

Subscription placeholder

On the bright side, it looks like Anchorage is worse than Tech, so we might be able to go to Duluth for playoffs instead of Omaha!
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          On the bright side, it looks like Anchorage is worse than Tech, so we might be able to go to Duluth for playoffs instead of Omaha!
                          I could see us finishing ahead of BSU and Mankato as well. The next two series should be a pretty good indicator of where Tech will end up.
                          Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                            I could see us finishing ahead of BSU and Mankato as well. The next two series should be a pretty good indicator of where Tech will end up.
                            Agreed. If Tech can come away with a split vs Minnesota and CC I would be a very happy person.
                            BOOSH FACTOR (11/27/2010): 8

Comment

Originally posted by Kman View Post
                              Agreed. If Tech can come away with a split vs Minnesota and CC I would be a very happy person.
                              Hey, I guess I'm not longer the new guy!!!! Welcome.

5 points from the next two series puts us at .500 on the year. Might sound optimistic, but remember that 4 weeks ago anything less than a sweep prediction was considered pessimistic.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the line combinations coach uses. I wonder how we will do without olson. Go huskies.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X