Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I just came across a great flame fest between shirtless guy and NSSHG from 2004.
    Link?
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      Link?
      I'll see if I can find it again, but I've looked at so many old threads recently, I'm not even sure which one it was in. Plus, I should get a couple things done at work. BTW, after reading through some of those threads, my past optimism makes me sick to my stomach. I actually believed that Tech could be good. Also, I wasn't a big fan of the refs in my first months of posting.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        BTW, after reading through some of those threads, my past optimism makes me sick to my stomach. I actually believed that Tech could be good. Also, I wasn't a big fan of the refs in my first months of posting.
        well overall the ref's did a real good job this last weekend I thought. I don't know who they were. The coaches from both sides engaged them on the rules a number of times. I did notice that cc routinely ran pics in the neutral zone against the trap and this was not called. It did occasionally spring a guy loose with the puck at the line.
        I absolutely hate the extra time out's.
        I was optimistic too but remember, olson, kattelus, etc were not out then. You never know maybe they will pull out of this. I mean mankato swept fcs.

Against UNO, We have to cut down the turnovers, play much much better on the pp, and not take dumb penalties late in games. I expect uno to pressure the puck just like cc did in game one. This led to neilson rushing the puck a lot which was successful and forced them to alter the plan somewhat.
        We still have some talented guys, but yeah it's a long shot.
        I was looking for yager at the kbc but he no showed. shame on you yager, you missed out on beer.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          well overall the ref's did a real good job this last weekend I thought. I don't know who they were. The coaches from both sides engaged them on the rules a number of times. I did notice that cc routinely ran pics in the neutral zone against the trap and this was not called. It did occasionally spring a guy loose with the puck at the line.
          I was optimistic too but remember, olson, kattelus, etc were not out then. You never know maybe they will pull out of this. I mean mankato swept fcs.
          I was talking about being optimistic back in the 03-04 and 04-05 seasons, when I was actually new around here, and hadn't figured out that the only thing Tech is good at is taking penalties.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Might as well drag this one back out...except this time I'm pretty close to joining the mob.

*****http://i6.***********.com/albums/y227/association330/villagers_with_pitchforks.jpg******
            This picture makes me nervous!!!!
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Against UNO, We have to cut down the turnovers, play much much better on the pp, and not take dumb penalties late in games. I expect uno to pressure the puck just like cc did in game one. This led to neilson rushing the puck a lot which was successful and forced them to alter the plan somewhat.
              We still have some talented guys, but yeah it's a long shot.
              I was looking for yager at the kbc but he no showed. shame on you yager, you missed out on beer.
              Flashy Man and I were looking for you, but we couldn't figure out who you were!!
              Always a Wildcat...
              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Against UNO, We have to cut down the turnovers, play much much better on the pp, and not take dumb penalties late in games.
                Right - take more penalties at the worst times, turn the puck over at our own blue line, and make soft perimeter passes on the powerplay. Got it.

YAAAAAGER!....SIEVE!

Comment

Flashy Man and I were looking for you, but we couldn't figure out who you were!!
                  I was there with a gorgeous blonde from 4:30 to 6 on friday. But left to get some pizza before the game at the ambassador. I thought the beer was good at the kbc and amazingly cheap. I was also with a couple of profs I know.
                  I was going to go to the blue line club party saturday but after that fiasco I skipped. Couldn't see the point.
                  I sat with the old people of course in row 4.
                  Funny, when I pointed out the picks to the ref, in a loud voice of course, someone said " forget it he doesn't know what that means"
                  Overall I had fun, and it was colder in Detroit than in Houghton.

Oh and I'm an eternal optimist. let's win this weekend!

Comment

this season has certainly blown up in our faces.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I ended up being busy and then there is the fact that I leave for the games at about 5:30pm because of all of the Misfit stuff.

Comment

every misfit should be issued a vuvuzela as standard equipment.

Comment

New strategy - split against UNO and then just beat the $&!* out of NMU with a bench clearing brawl. So what if half the team sits the first game of the GLI? We are only there to set up the MSU v UM championship game for TV ratings. Get tough, get mean, get it out of our system and get on with the season.

Ryan J

MTU v NMU Preview:
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

every misfit should be issued a vuvuzela as standard equipment.
                            I used to like you, before this.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

bbdl: There was actually a group with them this weekend, but they used them only at appropriate moments, thus making it quite hilarious.
                              J'sJs: you'd really like to ruin my last hurrah at home for who knows how long that way?? Though, a good ol' fashioned bench clearer would be quire fantastic as a cherry on the sundae of 7 years of being there as much as I could.
                              Always a Wildcat...

Comment

bbdl: There was actually a group with them this weekend, but they used them only at appropriate moments, thus making it quite hilarious.
                                J'sJs: you'd really like to ruin my last hurrah at home for who knows how long that way?? Though, a good ol' fashioned bench clearer would be quire fantastic as a cherry on the sundae of 7 years of being there as much as I could.
                                Yes, I want another horribly played game, 0-0 this time. Neither team gets more than 10 shots on goal, and as long as there is a epic bench-clearer at the end of OT precipitated by Ellingson flinging himself to the ice and clutching his throat, it will be worth it.

[/Sarcasm]

Comment

Working...
                                X