Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Laugh of the evening - Gopher fan in the UM/MSU-M scoring thread suggesting MN fans don paper bags after getting swept by Mankato.

Also, Boosh if you don't care, then why do you still bother coming around here and act condescending to those of us who do? You're almost as bad as Foxton at this point.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Boosh, are you living in the green bay area?
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        For those of you smart enough not to look, UNO is about to get swept by Bemidji. Get the anal lube ready for next weekend.
        Which helps dig us even deeper into the basement.

Just be thankful UND spanked St, Clooud.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I was told Schooley quit the team Friday night / Saturday morning. A flap over being benched. Someone said he was seen sitting in the Blue Line Club skybox with Ryan Bunger who was visiting for the weekend.

I gotta say that watching the coaches during the 3rd period was rough. They weren't saying a word to each other and weren't saying a lot to the players.

I'm losing the faith folks. Someone pull me back from the brink....
          Huskeeeeez

Comment

Originally posted by MacInnes Diehard View Post
            I was told Schooley quit the team Friday night / Saturday morning. A flap over being benched. Someone said he was seen sitting in the Blue Line Club skybox with Ryan Bunger who was visiting for the weekend.
            I gotta say, if that's true it pretty much confirms the players' lack of respect for the coaching staff.

I think Russell is a stand-up guy and a new head coach probably won't lead us back to glory, but it's time folks. Start naming your candidates.

Comment

I nominate Gordon Bombay.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Bethlyn McCallum
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

The Darkness
                  Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                  Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Steve Rohlik.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      I nominate Gordon Bombay.
                      That Flying V offense could be dangerous, if we can pay the refs to look the other way on the offsides.

Comment

come on. we are Tech fans. this ain't nothing. been though worse. its not over. its not over ...... until the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor .... or something like that.
                        we used to be tough. we used to suck it up. we lost and we liked it!
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

PAGING MIKE BATOVANJA AND COLIN MURPHY!

This team needs help with togetherness. Batty and Colin were able to hold their teams together NO MATTER WHAT they were going through. This team is falling apart. To quit the team is SELFISH... especially if it's because you're mad at this person or that person. These guys need another camping trip or Ripley run; more bonding....and so much healing.

I don't know how the coach's can be faulted for the injuries. Benny's injury may not even be related to hockey.... It could've been an injury from off the ice..... How is that Jamie's fault? INJURIES are killing us (AGAIN) this year. Look at the statistics though... The younger guys are promising. If they can stay healthy in the future, I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Right now, the coaches need to focus on holding this team together. Take a page from the book of Gwoz... take them out for ice cream or something. Do whatever; I don't give a ****. Bring Batty in to talk to them. If someone can get through to him, he's the man that can. His heart and soul for Michigan Tech hockey is so strong... and it rubs off on other people.

Philbert, you're so right about Tech hockey fans today. We're indifferent to losing. I think we have to be though... otherwise we would live in a constant state of depression. I forgot what it feels like to win.

I don't know what the point is to this post. I guess I'm just rambling. Don't ask me if I think it's time for a new coach or not. Regardless of the record in the past, now or anytime in the future, I am behind Coach Russell. Period.

/rambling
                          Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

I don't know what might or might not be going on behind the scenes and for that reason I think calling for jamie's job is pre mature and might hurt the team. I did notice that most of the interaction between the team and the staff during the game was done by the assistants.

Who knows, schooley might have quit over some issue that had to do with discipline aka eric.

I would like it if we did not hear excuses and blaming from the coaching staff though. just say , hey they beat us or they out did us on... but when we say, we would have won except so and so cost us a win.. this is not helpful.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              its not over. its not over ...... until the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor .... or something like that.
                              As you wish, ma'am...

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8lT1o0sDwI?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8lT1o0sDwI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              we used to be tough. we used to suck it up. we lost and we liked it!
                              Gotta quote Phil's Facebook status from last night:

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84
                              Being a fan does not mean blindly accepting the unacceptable, and this streak and the effort is unacceptable.

And for the record, I'm not saying fire Russell immediately. Just don't renew his contract in March, and form the search committee.
                              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-05-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                                These guys need another camping trip or Ripley run; more bonding....and so much healing.... and it rubs off on other people
                                Perhaps Duluth Family Sauna?
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X