Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

oh no! this is my welcome back to the USofA???????
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Russell sounds so upbeat, he must've only watched the first two periods.

Comment

Did they lose again?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Did they lose again?
          Why do you ask such stupid questions?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Will we get past our win total of last year? It just seems like we gave up, an ugly 3rd period. These games in Omaha could be really ugly.

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
            After two periods, very pleased, we were thorough in everything, we blocked shots from the point, Dmen boxed out in front of the net, guys moved their feet
            In the 3rd, the thin lineup caught up to us, we played a short bench tonight
            CCs first unit moved the puck well, they are able to capitalize
            What do you say to team: It's though, we've got a losing streak and a lot of guys out of the lineup, need to stick together, need to battle and get better
            We were better tonight than last night, we weren't totally consistent, but after 2 happy where we were at
            Is there cohesiveness, - yes, we have a lot of youngs guys, tired of saying that, but they all come from winning programs in juniors
            I told thte guys after two periods, there are no passengers tonight, playing smart hockey, good decisions
            Doriott did a good job this weekend upfront, he made good decisions and kept it simple
            Very happy with Patrick McCadden, faceoffs and PK were good.
            We're asking 3 freshman to carry us on Offense, Furne, Johsntone and Gordic
            Holmberg has done well when the faceoff is on the left side of the ice, he's getting more and more comofrtable with pace of play, and ice size etc
            Short bench/Short week, two practices and light skate on Wed, guys need to get rest, finals week after Omaha, guys will be studying on the bus and the plane
            We need to do the little things all the time, and right now it's only party of the time, that's part of the learning experience with a young group

Comment

For those of you smart enough not to look, UNO is about to get swept by Bemidji. Get the anal lube ready for next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Why do you ask such stupid questions?
                You're right, my bad. That was a stupid question.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                  Alright, here's my proposition for the next home game

Nobody sit (or stand) in section L ( at least for a period)...we can still go to the game, but remain seated in another section, and make sure it stays empty

or....you know....we could screw this polite bullsheet and do a Tech Once in the JMSIA (I'm game)
                  That'll teach 'em alright.

Best part about all this despair is, at one point in the season, people actually had hope, and for some reason, many of you are still acting surprised that things have ended up like this
                  @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                  I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

But Boosh, you have to admit, it was kinda cute, all the youngens' and their crazy new fangled hope!

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      But Boosh, you have to admit, it was kinda cute, all the youngens' and their crazy new fangled hope!
                      Not as cute as them thinking that 'protesting' is going to change things

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                        Not as cute as them thinking that 'protesting' is going to change things
                        It may not changing anything, however, it may make some of us feel better inside even if we get one player to think, "even the fans have left", if that doesn't work, we can always go to the good stand by...drink more

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                          It may not changing anything, however, it may make some of us feel better inside even if we get one player to think, "even the fans have left", if that doesn't work, we can always go to the good stand by...drink more
                          Or you could just go drink and not embarass yourselves

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                            Or you could just go drink and not embarass yourselves
                            now where would be the fun in that, we tried drinking in years past, and obviously that hasn't worked

Comment

well tonight's game was a lot different. The system used by cc to start the game was way more defensive, Tech did a much better job of covering in the defensive zone at least in the first period. the time outs, whatever they are for hurt us. every time we came out of one the swartz boys were back on the ice. often against the 4th line. they scored 2 goals against the forth line.
                              we played our best hockey in the first, second best in the second. the second goal was tough, we simply gave it to swartz right in front with no one near him. no one anywhere close. we played a better offensive game but only got a few good chances the best being a holmberg deflection of a shot from the point that did not go in. the goalie was not really challenged.
                              In the second we began to pressure the puck in the offensive zone a lot more and this was paying dividends getting us a few turnovers though cc did a much better job of doing something with their turnovers than we did. of course they had more than twice as many. The 2ed cc goal was a bad play on our part. turnovers in our zone just killed us. We just do not have the talent imho to compete as the squad is right now.

CC routinely matched up the swartz line against the witt line and they got a lot of points by doing so.
                              We also did not stay out of the box late. this hurt us all game long.
                              the pp was terrible with a few passes around the perimeter all we could get. often cc had more shots on net during our pp than we did.

I know we have a lot of freshmen and a lot of inexperienced players. but I don't buy that we played bad in the third because we were tired one bit. we did make more mistakes though for sure.
                              We did better on faceoffs but not great. mccadden did well on that.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

A friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, just made a good point that I thought I would share here:

Michigan Tech was just shutout by the backup goaltender for a team that is likely no better than 8th in our conference.

I wore a bag in the third period tonight. I almost wish I didn't cut eye holes in it, so I wouldn't have to watch this free-fall.

We played better defensively tonight, sure, especially in the first two periods. But it really didn't feel like we were going to light the lamp at any point, either.

Yep, pretty ****ing awful.

When the highlight of your night is glass getting shattered all over the scorers bench, that isn't a good thing.
                                Philbert
                                ---------------
                                Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                                GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Working...
                                X