Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

I hope Schooley is back in tonight.

Defenseman playing forward has happened 3 straight years now.

Time to man up and win 2 of the next 3 with one of those W's tonight.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

*****http://i768.***********.com/albums/xx324/btbenedi/headonplatter.jpg******

Here's to wishful thinking

Comment

I am trying to remain "classy", or something, but I still think that there needs to be a way to show that things are not acceptable as they are. An idea that occurred to me is that it might be possible to "make a statement", but not overstep the bounds of good taste.

I don't know how this idea would go over, but how about this: The student section tonight, at the beginning of the game, sits quietly for the first 30-45 seconds of the game. After that, we stand up, and be as loud as possible and go about the rest of the game as we normally would.

It would be noticeable, a group that normally stands and usually does the same cheer at puck drop does something completely different. 30-45 seconds is long enough to be noticed, but not too long as to make a complete negative statement. It is more classy that booing loudly or chanting "Fire Russell". It is more of a silent protest than a vocal indictment of any one person or entity. We show our displeasure, that we show our support by being there, but aren't happy about direction.

And the main thing, 30-45 seconds is short enough that we will still be less than a minute into the game when we start the usual chanting/cheering. We get right back into the swing of things, and show our vocal support. We aren't giving up on the team, we are still here, and we are still fans through this.

I don't know, something that popped into my head. I don't know how well it would go over, but figured I would throw it out there anyway.
        Philbert
        ---------------
        Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
        GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          At least it wasn't 12-4.

Forget about Levi & Ben. Someone needs to recruit that Ryan Doucet kid!!

It was a rough night for Copper Country hockey. No doubt about it.
          I missed it, but today's game sounds pretty evenly played on the radio*. Was it the world's worst case of bus legs?

*3-1 Cal final, ENG
          And speaking of Calumet, word out of the paint store is that MTU has been talking to Ben Storm, the 6 1/2-foot-tall d-man that makes a habit of passing directly to opposing forwards on the breakout. He'd fit right in. (if he doesn't get a better offer from football, his brother has been doing well in that sport)
          Last edited by geezer; 12-04-2010, 01:36 PM.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Tonight should be a Tech team playing with the the utmost urgency.

They need a win so very badly..... Look what UAA is doing......

I'll be anxious to see if they can focus and take care of CC tonight.

Let's go Tech....

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
              There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it has always been there. It really doesn't seem to get any closer. It is like a car coming the opposite way on the Seney Stretch, you don't know whether it is a mile away, or 15.
              This is probably the best summary of Tech hockey I've ever heard.

Here's my new solution for Tech hockey:
              TAKE THE FALL. ACT HURT. GET IDIGNANT!
              Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                Here's to wishful thinking
                Dude... that's just... creepy...
                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                  Dude... that's just... creepy...
                  I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I was thinking the same thing.
                    it was the only picture of him that was large enough resolution to even attempt to hack-shop it

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                      IS Schooley injured or do we like doriott as a forward and Heinonen as our 6th defensemen??? And I didn't see Cramer ... I thought he suited up for all home games.... Although Heinonen's penalty did create a nice spark for our team
                      Cramer apparently broke his finger from what I have heard.

Also, word out of the Dogulass House is that the Lode theater will have been sold again come Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        I missed it, but today's game sounds pretty evenly played on the radio*. Was it the world's worst case of bus legs?

*3-1 Cal final, ENG
                        And speaking of Calumet, word out of the paint store is that MTU has been talking to Ben Storm, the 6 1/2-foot-tall d-man that makes a habit of passing directly to opposing forwards on the breakout. He'd fit right in. (if he doesn't get a better offer from football, his brother has been doing well in that sport)
                        Much better game today out of the kings. Brighton beat Trenton today as well. Could be quite a game come January.

Let's hope tech can manage to come out with a better game tonight.

Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                          if Cramer didn't dress last night, then that possibly confirms my second guy I heard on....the rumor mill says broken fingers for Cramer....
                          Originally posted by Yager View Post
                          Cramer apparently broke his finger from what I have heard..
                          oh really.didn't know that =P

Comment

I'm going to beat Twitch to it

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UZjObQW247Q?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UZjObQW247Q?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Dear Michigan Tech Huskies:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGPjc7C5BAs?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGPjc7C5BAs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Alright, here's my proposition for the next home game

Nobody sit (or stand) in section L ( at least for a period)...we can still go to the game, but remain seated in another section, and make sure it stays empty

or....you know....we could screw this polite bullsheet and do a Tech Once in the JMSIA (I'm game)

Comment

Working...
                                X