Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Michigan Tech Cannot Have Nice Things.
    I think the Misfits and Pep Band need to record that cheer tonight and post it on YouTube - your phrase, then The Price Is Right fail horn.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Injuries. Players not making it the full four years, and not because they left for the pros. Six game losing streak, winless in 7. Things appear to be in a tailspin, and people calling for Coach Russell's head cannot be far behind. If there was less apathy, they might be lighting the torches and sharpening the pitchforks, or, if this were a certain town downstate, a few couches would be burned in disgust. But this is Tech, and the likely effect will be a 1/3 full arena this weekend.

Well, at least some things are dependable for the Michigan Tech Huskies.

Although, as a note, I have attended 5 games this season, and have yet to see the Huskies lose (I was in Syracuse, NY during the Minnesota series). The last time I saw this hockey team, we were celebrating a 3-0-2 start, so very long ago. Apparently we must have done something during that stretch that really screwed up the karma, and now we are taking a punishment from the higher powers of hockey.

On October 23rd, MTU was 3-0-2, and has gone 0-6-0 since.
      On October 23rd, NMU was 0-4-1, and is 6-3-1 since.

Apparently, NMU and Tech have an inverse correlation. There is apparently only so much positive hockey energy between these two rivals, that only one team can win at a time. Neither can live while the other survives, or something like that.

Techcodemonkey, are these players you are talking about regular players, or those that are rotating in? We can't take any more hits to the top of our lineup, especially if Royer is out. EDIT: Screw it, we can't afford to lose anybody at all, regardless of what role they play.
      Philbert
      ---------------
      Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
      GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
        Techcodemonkey, are these players you are talking about regular players, or those that are rotating in? We can't take any more hits to the top of our lineup, especially if Royer is out. EDIT: Screw it, we can't afford to lose anybody at all, regardless of what role they play.
        one is a regular player <- may be conflicting or related news, it has to do with a currently injured player

the other is not <- this one though is the one that's only speculation at this point, EDIT: just got another update that this could be an injury as well

What is unknown (to me at least) is how these injuries occurred, whether hockey related or not so much (which would go back to the discipline problem)
        Last edited by techcodemonkey; 12-03-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

This is just one of many reasons why I can't bring myself to be emotionally invested in this team anymore. It is the same thing every year. For me, if the win its "hey new and exciting!" if they lose, "eh, who cares, same old tech"

I'll be going to watch some good hockey tonight instead. The Rams are coming down to the big city
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            So, I don't know if it has been brought to attention, but today's DMG article mentions Royer is out with an injured wrist.
            I think this might be a typo. I heard from someone in one of his classes that it is a broken foot. Maybe they were thinking of Olson?

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
              I think this might be a typo. I heard from someone in one of his classes that it is a broken foot. Maybe they were thinking of Olson?
              i heard foot from another source and wrist from the gazette, typo is definitely a possibility

Comment

Well, I guess it is almost game time. I don't know what to expect. I can picture us doing anything from winning to losing by 6. Even six losses in a row doesn't feel like freefall...yet. Tech needs to show us something tonight, or the full-on march to the basement will be all but set in stone.
                Philbert
                ---------------
                Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

I will not be making it to the game tonight, due to a grade A weekend of hell courtesy of tInstitution

Just turned on the radio...and they are going to medical redshirt Baker, it'll be good to see him come back next year, however, this year could be a sheet show....oh wait it already is
                  Last edited by techcodemonkey; 12-03-2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vIPvKk1ZWsg?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vIPvKk1ZWsg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I am beginning to consider blowing off the GLI, friends or no friends. The last thing I need is insufferable UM/MSU tools rubbing in another 4th place finish.

Comment

I'm off to the Sullivan in an hour to watch a REAL team play. And Wisconsin.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          I'm off to the Sullivan in an hour to watch a REAL team play. And Wisconsin.
                          Red Wings @ Anahack in a half hour. I hope Datsyuk makes Perry cry like a b1tch, and Heatley flies in and drives him home after.

Comment

I was at the game. everything you heard, well believe it.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              I was at the game. everything you heard, well believe it.
                              Is this re: the discipline problems/possible suspensions? Or just the fact that we suck?

Comment

I'm still going to go to GLI, mainly cause I've had hotel reservations and tickets since Tech played Duluth (was really cheap to go buy tickets at the TicketMaster office in the DECC), however, I'm seriously considering making a sign that reads, "What's hockey? I'm here for Beer, Bimbos, and Blow"

Comment

Working...
                                X