Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post

It feels like Tech has many players that can score, but nobody that stands out as the guy who just makes things happen on the ice..
    just to get my 2 cents in....I think Baker is the guy you speak of that just makes things happen...it's just between the injuries it's always hard to tell who's consistent

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

say what you will about John Scott's skating or puck handling or whatever, that guy can fight. he's reaching a rare place where other guys just don't want to take him on.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I will admit, I am not very good at recognizing talent and which players have what it takes to succeed on the NHL level. But, it feels good to flip on SportsCenter, and see former Michigan Tech Husky Chris Conner as part of the Pittsburgh Penguin highlight package.
        I was at the Ranger/Penguins game last night and Conner is like a little waterbug out there. He can't be anymore than 5' 5" but can skate like the wind. Malkin towers over him. He did get a goal last night and he seems to play with a lot of heart. Will be interesting to see if he sticks with the Pens all season.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Got my hockey fix this weekend watching Cal beat up on Hancock. Great show! Saw a number of coaches in attendance. Combined shots in the 2 games around 100-20 Cal.
          Jujhar Khaira, Tech's latest recruit is drawing rave reviews in the BCHL for playing so well as a 16-yr-old rookie to the league who was not previously recruited anywhere but walked on in Prince George this fall; something like 23 pts. in 30 games.
          Levi Erkkila, 9 pts in first two high school games as a soph.; nothing to lose sleep over eh?

Comment

So back to the NHL. Which player on our current roster do you feel has the best chance of making it to the pros? Is there any? As I previously admitted, I have absolutely zero scouting ability and thus I can't pick. There are a few young players near the top of Tech's statistic sheet that have good size and have shown potential this season, which hopefully grows into something over the next few years.

But really, I am asking those with more hockey knowledge out there, do we currently have a player that is going to develop into the go-to guy? Do we have the player that is going to get some time on the NHL-level? Two separate questions, both spawned by very rare hockey coverage on SportsCenter.
            Olson and Seigo. Olson has the smarts, size, skating and shot to fill a Patrick Eaves/Drew Miller type role in the NHL. If he remains healthy he'll likely be gone after this year as a free agent- may have to spend a year or two in AHL but he's definitely the closest to the show. Seigo needs to gain weight and strength but has the skating and talent to move on; excellent on the PP and moving the puck. Hasn't been drafted so has three years to gain strength but will sign with someone after junior or senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
              Levi Erkkila, 9 pts in first two high school games as a soph.; nothing to lose sleep over eh?
              No question, he was the best player on Saturday. Wicked good hands, unbelievable puck control. I'm hoping he'll grow another 18 inches and lift weights a lot, he might get some ice time in college. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Manninen at 16.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Great dance here. Jansenn looks tiny but he is increibly strong to keep his balance and push Scott around as much as he did.

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vzpxIpEuCaU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vzpxIpEuCaU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                  Great dance here. Jansenn looks tiny but he is increibly strong to keep his balance and push Scott around as much as he did.
                  yeah watching that fight, everytime you think Scott is gonna just start wailing on him, Janssen comes back and pushes him around, even fight for both of them

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                    yeah watching that fight, everytime you think Scott is gonna just start wailing on him, Janssen comes back and pushes him around, even fight for both of them
                    Smart guy to keep in so tight on Scott; Scott couldn't get those big hits in there, just some jabs. I loved when it looked like Janssen was asking Scott to call it quits and then gives him a quick jab; it surprised scott a lot.

Comment

Here's Drive Time Notes, no Jamie, Ian Marks and Brett Olson were in studio with Dirk:
                      Brett took a shot to the hand, broke a bone on the index finger, clean break, dislocated from joint, and broke in half
                      It's a six week prognosis, hopefully be back right after GLI
                      In Duluth, everything collapsed at about that time, the team and Brett took some penalties and he got injured
                      Watching MN games, we were a little sluggish, could be new lines combinations
                      Just didn't have the edge to get through trouble
                      Hopeing Thanksgiving gave us a break, very important to get two wins this weekend
                      From day 1, Freshman have adapted very well, we have a lot of older freshman like Brett was
                      Brett agreed, MN struggles were partly because people were waiting for someone to lead or people were puck watching, waiting for someone to make a play
                      Brett Olson's background: Played baseball in highschool, for hockey got some exposure senior year, and started to realize he had a shot to play at next levels
                      Tough not to be in lineup, trying to be a fan and less critical of teammates
                      He's around and involved as much as possible
                      We have talent, we're finally out of these awkward breaks, this weekend is a big weekend, hopeing we step up and take 2 wins

Dirk also mentioned there's a postgame blueline club party at the Best Western Franklin Square after Saturday's game

Comment

Thankyou. where was jamie?
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Thanks for that.

I think we can take CC in our own building. The keys are to play a physical game, be strong on special teams, and force as many neutral zone turnovers as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Thanks for that.

I think we can take CC in our own building. The keys are to play a physical game, be strong on special teams, and force as many neutral zone turnovers as possible.
                            I disagree. I think they should try a new strategy, score more goals than the other team.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I disagree. I think they should try a new strategy, score more goals than the other team.
                              That'll never work!
                              Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                This is true, you can do well in all those areas and still fail to put the puck in the net.

Comment

Working...
                                X