This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXIX

Now when I saw the words Crown Royal who did I think of? Old Pio, of course.
    Surely, you have a few Crown Royal moments that would muss Jimmy's hair.
    http://www.crownroyal.com/Football/J...3-Q410Football
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Pioneers have been through a difficult opening schedule, a raft of injuries including one nearly catastrophic, and now final exams are behind them, so to be in second place is a very good result.

That said, you can't put a ton of stock in the standings, given the big disparities in league games played (DU's played 10, CC has played but 6) and the fact that there isn't much separation at this point.

What's exciting for DU is that the Pioneers have essentially gained two new front line players in Nick Shore and Dusty Jackson from injuries to help offset the loss of Jesse Martin. The defense is also playing better, and I think DU could now rest John Lee another weekend to give his hand more time to heal, as Lake State and Air Force are likely at the same about level as Bemidji State. We're also seeing Maiani's scoring drought turning into a streak, and Bennett, while not scoring is proving to be a fine passer at this level. And Makowski's blueline bombs are helping.

Both Lake State and Air Force are teams that DU should beat, and I think next weekend will be a good weekend to fully integrate Nick SHore and Dusty Jackson into the system, and get the team to really gel before the UMD trip.
      Last edited by Puck Swami; 11-21-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Now when I saw the words Crown Royal who did I think of? Old Pio, of course.
        Surely, you have a few Crown Royal moments that would muss Jimmy's hair.
        http://www.crownroyal.com/Football/J...3-Q410Football
        Generally I wait 'til the late NFL games to indulge in Crown, today I might make an exception. I'm feeling like Northwestern's defensive coordinator. Besides, I lost the tiny amount of respect I had for Jimmy when he started dressing up like a Nascar driver to do spots for a product that purports to make him, uh, bigger, if you know what I mean.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 11-21-2010, 12:40 PM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          Pioneers have been through a difficult opening schedule, a raft of injuries including one nearly catastrophic, and now final exams are behind them, so to be in second place is a very good result.

That said, you can't put a ton of stock in the standings, given the big disparities in league games played (DU's played 10, CC has played but 6) and the fact that there isn't much separation at this point.

What's exciting for DU is that the Pioneers have essentially gained two new front line players in Nick Shore and Dusty Jackson from injuries to help offset the loss of Jesse Martin. The defense is also playing better, and I think DU could now rest John Lee another weekend to give his hand more time to heal, as Lake State and Air Force are likely at the same about level as Bemidji State. We're also seeing Maiani's scoring drought turning into a streak, and Bennett, while not scoring is proving to be a fine passer at this level. And Makowski's blueline bombs are helping.

Both Lake State and Air Force are teams that DU should beat, and I think next weekend will be a good weekend to fully integrate Nick SHore and Dusty Jackson into the system, and get the team to really gel before the UMD trip.
          True enough. But, even though the 57's have "only" played six league games, they've managed to lose four of 'em. And DU has fewer losses than all but two WCHA teams. I think at this point their conference performance has exceeded just about everyone's expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            True enough. But, even though the 57's have "only" played six league games, they've managed to lose four of 'em. And DU has fewer losses than all but two WCHA teams. I think at this point their conference performance has exceeded just about everyone's expectations.
            Agreed and don't forget there was a poster among us who declared he would be ecstatic, if by the time the Denver Cup was upon us we would be at .500. We're at .750!!! Yeah baby!!!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              Agreed and don't forget there was a poster among us who declared he would be ecstatic, if by the time the Denver Cup was upon us we would be at .500. We're at .750!!! Yeah baby!!!
              The Pioneers have only looked bad against BC. And as good as they obviously are, I'd like to take a crack at 'em now. We'd get a couple of points at least, I'll wager.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                The Pioneers have only looked bad against BC. And as good as they obviously are, I'd like to take a crack at 'em now. We'd get a couple of points at least, I'll wager.
                I'll take that bet if we meet again, which likely won't be in your home rink this time.

Comment

Check out the WCHA scoring race

Code:
                  Point Scoring:                                               GP     PPG    G- A- P
                    1   Drew Shore               Denver             SO F       10    1.30    5- 8-13
                    2   Jason Zucker             Denver             FR F       10    1.20    9- 3-12
                        Matt Read                Bemidji State      SR F       10    1.20    7- 5-12
                        Mike Connolly            Minnesota Duluth   JR W       10    1.20    6- 6-12
                        Jordan George            Bemidji State      SO F       10    1.20    4- 8-12
                        Jack Connolly            Minnesota Duluth   JR C       10    1.20    2-10-12
                        Mark Zengerle            Wisconsin          FR F       10    1.20    2-10-12
                    8   Matt Frattin             North Dakota       SR F       10    1.10    9- 2-11
                        Travis Oleksuk           Minnesota Duluth   JR C       10    1.10    7- 4-11
                   10   Jaden Schwartz           Colorado College   FR F        6    1.67    6- 4-10
                        Terry Broadhurst         Nebraska-Omaha     SO F        8    1.25    2- 8-10
                        Jay Barriball            Minnesota          SR F       10    1.00    5- 5-10
                        Corban Knight            North Dakota       SO F       10    1.00    5- 5-10
                        Jacob Cepis              Minnesota          SR F       10    1.00    4- 6-10
                        Anthony Maiani           Denver             SR F       10    1.00    3- 7-10
                        David Makowski           Denver             FR D       10    1.00    3- 7-10
                        Erik Haula               Minnesota          FR F       10    1.00    2- 8-10
                        Chay Genoway             North Dakota       SR D       10    1.00    2- 8-10
                   19   Rich Purslow             Nebraska-Omaha     SR F        8    1.12    4- 5- 9
                        Drew LeBlanc             St. Cloud State    JR F        8    1.12    4- 5- 9
                        Luke Salazar             Denver             JR F       10    0.90    6- 3- 9
                        Ian Lowe                 Bemidji State      SR F       10    0.90    5- 4- 9
                        Craig Smith              Wisconsin          SO F       10    0.90    4- 5- 9
                        J.T. Brown               Minnesota Duluth   FR W       10    0.90    3- 6- 9
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    I'll take that bet if we meet again, which likely won't be in your home rink this time.
                    What a master of the obvious you are. Here's a suggestion, stay out of our thread and MYOFB. Otherwise I'll be forced to mention that great BC star Tim Sheehy (from long long ago) once told me he'd prefer playing for a coach and not a priest. He was referrting to Snooks Kelly. We've all gotten trick knees groveling at the superiority of the mighty BC, so give us a break for one deviation from dogma, okay?

Comment

WOW, that was a pretty harsh response don't you think? When you suggest that your team would get "at least" a couple of points if they played BC again after the way we handled you in your own barn, you're gonna raise some eyebrows. Hope to see you guys again in the NCAA's and please take a chill pill...

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                        WOW, that was a pretty harsh response don't you think? When you suggest that your team would get "at least" a couple of points if they played BC again after the way we handled you in your own barn, you're gonna raise some eyebrows. Hope to see you guys again in the NCAA's and please take a chill pill...
                        Yeah, can't have any apostasy can we? Jump off, dude, and entertain your little east coach friends. Raise eyebrows? What, among hairdressers? Or cross dressers? Raise eyebrows? Jeez, you gotta be able to do better than that.

Comment

Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                            Huh.
                            You can always be counted on, can't you sweetie?

Comment

I think you and I can both be counted on like death and taxes, sugar-pie.

Comment

OK, changing the subject. I'm sorry to be dim here, but how does this Denver Cup format work again? Why are there not 4 teams? This new format started last year right? Yeah, I don't get it! Somebody help!!
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X