Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

and more importantly, this one:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

The DU Hockey Alumni Association will be selling 50-50 Raffle Tickets this weekend at Magness Arena.

The winner of the Raffle will get 50% of the money in the pool and the DU Hockey Alumni Association keeps the balance. They will use the proceeds for projects that benefit the DU hockey program, equipment donations and the like.

Former DU player Rod Summers is heading up the Alumni Association and he's been doing a great job. He organized the 60th reunion last season, the road trip to Minneapolis in Feb. and worked on the Raffle License.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        The DU Hockey Alumni Association will be selling 50-50 Raffle Tickets this weekend at Magness Arena.

The winner of the Raffle will get 50% of the money in the pool and the DU Hockey Alumni Association keeps the balance. They will use the proceeds for projects that benefit the DU hockey program, equipment donations and the like.

Former DU player Rod Summers is heading up the Alumni Association and he's been doing a great job. He organized the 60th reunion last season, the road trip to Minneapolis in Feb. and worked on the Raffle License.
        50/50s are held at nearly every youth and junior rink in Canada, and more and more in the USA. Great fundraising tool.

Comment

Kind of amazing to see DU as a top 5 team in a rebuilding season. Let's hope they can stay there down the stretch.

Comment

Live Chat with the Gwoz set for Thursday
            1:00 PM
            http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=18600
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Gwoz press conference from this afternoon

DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

After last season's high expectations and disappontment in the end, I sense a certain reluctance to get too excited about what this season may bring. (Yes, we did win the Denver Cup, the Gold Pan and the MacNaughton, but we were still disappointed.) I mean we did lose 3 All American players, the top 3 scorers and the best goalie in the NCAA. Even with a great class of recruits, this was described by many as a rebuilding year.

We had a horrendous schedule for the first part of the year, two young unproven goal tenders and a big question on offense. We were embarrassed by Boston College at Magness. Then Senior Jesse Martin, an Alternate Captain, went down with a devastating injury at North Dakota. After beating CC at Magness we suffered a humiliating loss to CC the following night. ( The effects of the mental and emotional drain of Jesse's injury?) Somehow the Pios managed to survive.

And now we find ourselves 1 point out of 1st in the WCHA, ranked 4th in the nation in the polls, and in the top 5 of the PWR/PWR revised. A team that refuses to quit even when behind by 2 or 3 goals. This team has shown desire, determination, character, and grit. I, for one, am impressed.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  After last season's high expectations and disappontment in the end, I sense a certain reluctance to get too excited about what this season may bring. (Yes, we did win the Denver Cup, the Gold Pan and the MacNaughton, but we were still disappointed.) I mean we did lose 3 All American players, the top 3 scorers and the best goalie in the NCAA. Even with a great class of recruits, this was described by many as a rebuilding year.

We had a horrendous schedule for the first part of the year, two young unproven goal tenders and a big question on offense. We were embarrassed by Boston College at Magness. Then Senior Jesse Martin, an Alternate Captain, went down with a devastating injury at North Dakota. After beating CC at Magness we suffered a humiliating loss to CC the following night. ( The effects of the mental and emotional drain of Jesse's injury?) Somehow the Pios managed to survive.

And now we find ourselves 1 point out of 1st in the WCHA, ranked 4th in the nation in the polls, and in the top 5 of the PWR/PWR revised. A team that refuses to quit even when behind by 2 or 3 goals. This team has shown desire, determination, character, and grit. I, for one, am impressed.

I'm impressed too - this bunch certainly has shown great character and resiliency to be where they are after what they've experienced, and it's been an entertaining season of Pioneer hockey where the rookies have stepped up so much more than expected, the guys have filled the offensive holes, played hard and put themselves in strong position for the stretch drive.

That said, ever since winning the NCAA title in 2005, the program has underachieved in the playoffs. In '06 and '07, DU didn't even make the NCAAs with good teams that crapped out in the WCHA playoffs too early. Then in '08 (Wisconsin in Madison), '09 (Miami in Minneapolis) and '10 (RIT in Albany), well-seeded DU caved against teams that were lower-seeded in the NCAA playoffs. Now I don't think the team needs to win NCAA titles every year, but this program has not finished the recent playoffs with the kinds of efforts we'd expect to see. I know the season is long, injuries happen and other teams play well, but this team is certainly over-achieving right now. If DU makes the NCAAs, I'd consider it a good season and should they win any NCAA games this year, I would consider it a super successful season.

Comment

Look up the list of NCAA Championship winning teams and you will find plenty of teams that underachieved with better talent in previous years only to bounce back and win championships in subsequent seasons. DU blowing it in 2002 only to bounce back in 2004 is just one example.

Comment

Very Pioneer Flattering Column out of Mankato:

http://mankatofreepress.com/sports/x...hen-it-matters

Comment

Mankato and UAA sitting just outside the Pairwise Bubble or Pairwise Cliff at #26 & #27 respectively. With DU a combined 4-0-2 against both teams it explains why DU's position in Pairwise is so volatile right now.

Time to cheer for Minnesota State vs. Sconnie this weekend.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rat...?grid=1&date=#

Comment

Mankato and UAA sitting just outside the Pairwise Bubble or Pairwise Cliff at #26 & #27 respectively. With DU a combined 4-0-2 against both teams it explains why DU's position in Pairwise is so volatile right now.

Time to cheer for Minnesota State vs. Sconnie this weekend.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rat...?grid=1&date=#
                          The NCAA has decided to tweek things again. They have gone back to all schools with RPI's over .5 are TUCs. Thus all of the WCHA except MTU are now TUCs.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            The NCAA has decided to tweek things again. They have gone back to all schools with RPI's over .5 are TUCs. Thus all of the WCHA except MTU are now TUCs.
                            Just when I was starting to get a handle on this....

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Comment

Just when I was starting to get a handle on this....

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
                              DG, are or were you a fan of the Sopranos? Tony's right hand man Cil, (played by the bass player for the Bruce Springsteen band, Van Zant or something like that) used to do an impression of Michael Correlone saying this exact same line, hilarious!!!
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                                DG, are or were you a fan of the Sopranos? Tony's right hand man Cil, (played by the bass player for the Bruce Springsteen band, Van Zant or something like that) used to do an impression of Michael Correlone saying this exact same line, hilarious!!!

Wait, there it is!! After you watch Michael, there are other related Youtubes and that is one of them, check it out.
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X