Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

Back to back bumps!!!
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      can we have our players back from the WJC please? It seems like we have to hold our breath every time this tournament comes around.
      True.

But the recruiting value, player development and program exposure to the hockey world (NHL GMs, coaches, scouts, etc) and global media that DU gets is still well worth the exchange risk. I hope we always have a couple of guys playing in it every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
        True.

But the recruiting value, player development and program exposure to the hockey world (NHL GMs, coaches, scouts, etc) and global media that DU gets is still well worth the exchange risk. I hope we always have a couple of guys playing in it every year.
        Remember what this tournament did for Matt Pettinger? If memory serves correctly (and it rarely does), he had four goals in the WJC. I think it was 1999-2000. They did a special presentation at center ice for him complete with video footage. It was my last season in Denver before moving to Maine. We were just starting to get good again with Chris Paradise, Kevin Doell etc. We never really looked back. In fact ever since I left Denver, we've had an amazing record! So I guess you guys can thank me!
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Drew Shore tips in a Faulk shot to send the USA up on Sweden, 2-1 in early in the third in the Bronze medal game.

Comment

USA wins Bronze 4-2.

Nice game for the DU guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              Remember what this tournament did for Matt Pettinger? If memory serves correctly (and it rarely does), he had four goals in the WJC. I think it was 1999-2000. They did a special presentation at center ice for him complete with video footage. It was my last season in Denver before moving to Maine. We were just starting to get good again with Chris Paradise, Kevin Doell etc. We never really looked back. In fact ever since I left Denver, we've had an amazing record! So I guess you guys can thank me!
              True. However, when Pettinger left he was quoted along the lines of: "...I loved playing hockey at DU and came here for the great hockey program, school just happened to be a part of it..." Basically, he implied that classes and a degree weren't his thang -- sometimes inevitability reigns supreme. He was done after 2 but going to the WJC (which pushed him up to 1 1/2), only cost us a portion of his last season. Leaving during the season, however, is still pretty lame no matter the circumstances...

Comment

Some good news on the DU front.

Jesse Martin returned to Denver for the NMU series and started school on Monday. He only has to wear a cervical collar for a couple of more weeks. He will be a student assistant coach for the remainder of the season.

Jay Z, Drew Shore and Beau Bennett will all be back and playing in the MSUM series in 2 weekends.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post

Jesse Martin returned to Denver for the NMU series and started school on Monday. He only has to wear a cervical collar for a couple of more weeks. He will be a student assistant coach for the remainder of the season.

Jay Z, Drew Shore and Beau Bennett will all be back and playing in the MSUM series in 2 weekends.
                  Outstanding.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Phew!!!!
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

Something STINKS in Buffalo, New York. WOW! What a COLOSSAL crapping of the crib by team Canada!
                      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                      sigpic
                      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                        Something STINKS in Buffalo, New York. WOW! What a COLOSSAL crapping of the crib by team Canada!
                        Let the recriminations and media finger pointing begin. Pass the popcorn.

Comment

You know it is simply unbelievable and miraculous that Jesse has progressed so much. WOW!

And in case you haven't read the USCHO story on the bronze medal winning game,
                          Thanks in large part to moving Shore to center the top line and score the turnaround goal, Team USA claimed two firsts in the World Juniors: a medal on home ice and a medal in a second straight tournament.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2011/01/05/line...#ixzz1ADyiQ6kj

BTW, Quentin Shore scored a goal and will be bringing home a silver from the U17 tournament. Now he just needs to commit to DU.
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 01-05-2011, 11:16 PM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            Ya know, to me, the arrogant jersey grab of his Canadian logo in front of the camera when Schenn scored Canada's third goal provided the fire for Ivan. I've always subscribed to my own saying, "those who pop off lose". Proven time and time again, ones that dismiss their opponents, at least at a championship level, then to lose A LOT. Although I would never cheer for Ivan since I was trained to kill him when I was in the US Army, I must admit a bit of satisfaction in seeing some of those Canadian sods in an extremely bummed out state.
                            sigpic
                            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                              Ya know, to me, the arrogant jersey grab of his Canadian logo in front of the camera when Schenn scored Canada's third goal provided the fire for Ivan.
                              The Russians were having a good old time popping their jerseys after the game, so you're right they all saw Shenn do it.

The three games (USA-Canada, Canada-Russia & Sweden-Russia) were three of the most spectacular games I've seen in a long time. The skill, speed & heart displayed by the four teams were amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                                Nope, didn't take long at all as evidenced by this article in the Toronto Star: http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...am-canada?bn=1
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X