• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

Rakhshani called up. http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ders-1.2536899

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
      Tonight's Isles/Preds game is on MSG+ in the NYC area and anyone with the NHL Center Ice package should be able to get it. Game is at 8PM EST.

Rhett is the leading scorer on the Sound Tigers with 24 points and the leading rookie scorer in the AHL.
      Last edited by du78; 12-13-2010, 01:59 PM.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        Tonight's Isles/Preds game is on MSG+ in the NYC area and anyone with the NHL Center Ice package should be able to get it. Game is at 8PM EST.

Rhett is the leading scorer on the Sound Tigers with 24 points and the leading rookie scorer in the AHL.
        Rakh is on the 3rd line and will be wearing #49.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

From Isles' game recap

The one positive was that Islanders forward Rhett Rakhshani made his NHL debut at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. He recorded one takeaway with 11:44 of ice time and finished the game with an even plus-minus ranking.

“It’s definitely an adjustment,” Rakhshani said about his first NHL game. “It’s a lot faster (than the American League). Guys are stronger, take time away a lot quicker, but as the game got going, I felt a little more comfortable. I think I learned a little from tonight and hopefully I can take that into the next game.”

For his first game at the National level, Capuano thought Rakhshani played well.

“He played fine,” Capuano said. “He made some high percentage plays in the offensive zone. He didn’t turn many pucks over. He got the puck deep when he had to. He got in scoring areas and then went and had a few chances tonight.”

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

DU ranked 7th in both polls today!!!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Charting DU's recent PWR progress against the top 10's PWR progress:

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin...p10&rating=pwr

Comment

DU offering $10 Tickets on New Years Eve & $11 tickets on New Years Day via a Ticketmaster email blast. Looks like another empty seat fest at Magness.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  DU offering $10 Tickets on New Years Eve & $11 tickets on New Years Day via a Ticketmaster email blast. Looks like another empty seat fest at Magness.
                  It always is. But, I shall be there both nights enjoying the scene!
                  DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                  sigpic
                  WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                    It's a tough day and an low-awareness opponent. I think it's a mistake to schedule games then unless you can get a big name.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      It's a tough day and an low-awareness opponent. I think it's a mistake to schedule games then unless you can get a big name.
                      And even with a big name opponant, you'd have to promote the heck out of it. What's the lowest paid for any game in the Gwoz era? This feels to me like a 2 grand or less deal, especially new year's eve.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        And even with a big name opponant, you'd have to promote the heck out of it. What's the lowest paid for any game in the Gwoz era? This feels to me like a 2 grand or less deal, especially new year's eve.
                        By my count, DU has had 3 games on either NYE or New Years Day in the past 6 years and the average attendance has been roughly 5,500. DU had a pretty full house for UNO last year on New Years Day. We also had Mankato on halloween last season and drew pretty well -- at least 5000. Riding the light rail home after that Mankato game in my official suit was an odd experience, to say the least.

In regards to the "lowest paid in the Gwoz era", we will never touch the low point of 100-200 at the Coliseum or a particular game at McNichols which didn't even hit 100. This was during the time between the destruction of the old barn and the construction of Magness.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          By my count, DU has had 3 games on either NYE or New Years Day in the past 6 years and the average attendance has been roughly 5,500. DU had a pretty full house for UNO last year on New Years Day. We also had Mankato on halloween last season and drew pretty well -- at least 5000. Riding the light rail home after that Mankato game in my official suit was an odd experience, to say the least.

In regards to the "lowest paid in the Gwoz era", we will never touch the low point of 100-200 at the Coliseum or a particular game at McNichols which didn't even hit 100. This was during the time between the destruction of the old barn and the construction of Magness.
                          Actually, those are pretty good numbers, considering the students are on "winter break" on 12/31 and 1/1. Failing to break 100, on the other hand, sent shivers down my spine. It's one thing to play off campus while your new arena is being constructed, it's another matter to play in several arenas in one season, while your new playpen is being built. Glad those days are in the rearview.

Comment

Jay Z named WCHA Rookie of the Week for the second week in a row.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=205055269

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              Actually, those are pretty good numbers, considering the students are on "winter break" on 12/31 and 1/1. Failing to break 100, on the other hand, sent shivers down my spine. It's one thing to play off campus while your new arena is being constructed, it's another matter to play in several arenas in one season, while your new playpen is being built. Glad those days are in the rearview.
                              I don't think I remember any player on that team. Good Lord!!
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                                I don't think I remember any player on that team. Good Lord!!
                                Me either. Out of town alums at a particular disadvantage in those days: no USCHO.com, no blog, no online DU releases, and the university was peddling its "nothing to see here, move along" line. If not a deliberate effort to mislead us, certainly a deliberate effort to keep us from asking too many questions.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 12-14-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X