X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Jerry Walker - 1960-61 Season - 56 goals (1st all time), 29 assists, 85 points (3rd all time), 10 hat tricks (1st all time)

Jerry Walker - 2 season career - 87 goals (4th all time), 48 assists, 135 points (34th all time), career hat tricks not in media guide
    I'd say that's pretty impressive.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by du78 View Post
      Jerry Walker - 1960-61 Season - 56 goals (1st all time), 29 assists, 85 points (3rd all time), 10 hat tricks (1st all time)

Jerry Walker - 2 season career - 87 goals (4th all time), 48 assists, 135 points (34th all time), career hat tricks not in media guide
      So, 87 is close to my 89, but I still stand by my 13 hat tricks (this all off the top of my head) and all in 2 seasons and either 65 or 66 games...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        So, 87 is close to my 89, but I still stand by my 13 hat tricks (this all off the top of my head) and all in 2 seasons and either 65 or 66 games...
        Replay of last night's game on NHL network now.

Comment

A little review of the [U17 team with a mention of both Quentin Shore and Seth Jones. International tournament coming up.
          [/U]http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Don't look now, but here comes CC climbing up the standings!!! They've played two fewer games too!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              Don't look now, but here comes CC climbing up the standings!!! They've played two fewer games too!
              Oh come on DMann. CC just played the ultimate Suck of SCSU on the road. SCSU fans are about to jump off their fairly new bridge. CC? Not so much bro.

My point being that DU has time to heal some wounds like now like Beau Bennett and that we've done pretty **** well in the last few weeks. We have a challenging schedule coming up in respect to road games, but the opponents aren't top notch like in the first half. I'd be surprised, big time, if we don't make the NCAA tourney, that is the main goal. Easy there, brother.
              Last edited by co14ers; 12-12-2010, 01:01 AM.
              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
              sigpic
              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                Oh come on DMann. CC just played the ultimate Suck of SCSU on the road. SCSU fans are about to jump off their fairly new bridge. CC? Not so much bro.

My point being that DU has time to heal some wounds like now like Beau Bennett and that we've done pretty **** well in the last few weeks. We have a challenging schedule coming up in respect to road games, but the opponents aren't top notch like in the first half. I'd be surprised, big time, if we don't make the NCAA tourney, that is the main goal. Easy there, brother.
                Right you are!! It's just that every year I think CC is finally done and back to the basement where they belong, they come back and manage to make our lives miserable, especially at Magness. Face it they've been good since like 1993!! If it weren't for those Schwartz bros., they might be back there now.
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Remain calm.

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post

It would take a complete and utter collapse for DU not to make the tourney. What they'll do there is anyone's guess.
                    Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

The Pioneers are better offensively than anyone expected them to be, and the goaltending has been top notch for the most part. Special teams is still a work in progress, with PP and PK needing more success. Defensively, all the elements are in place for this team for a good stretch run, but I would like to see them develop a better shutdown system for protecting leads late in games. Giving up the third period goal to UAA last night is a classic example of this. The Pioneers should be very good in the second half - the schedule is a little lighter, and DU has some depth up front that lots of other teams don't have. They need to keep extending the work rate to avoid those lulls where other teams catch them sleepwalking. All in all, a better first half than I expected.

Comment

Bumparoonydoony!!

Two weeks off before we play again, oh the humanity!!! It's seems like forever since we last played Northern Mich. I'm thinking it was when they were still in the WCHA and had an awesome team!! Who was their star, possibly a Hobey Baker winner? I want to say Dave Emma. Is that right?
                        Tom Serratore

Comment

Bumparoonydoony!!

Two weeks off before we play again, oh the humanity!!! It's seems like forever since we last played Northern Mich. I'm thinking it was when they were still in the WCHA and had an awesome team!! Who was their star, possibly a Hobey Baker winner? I want to say Dave Emma. Is that right?
                          The guy you're thinking of at NMU was Gary Emmons. Big time goal scorer, I don't think he won the Hobey. Dave Emma played for Boston College and I think he won the Hobey in early 90's.

Comment

After completion of the weekend with UMD and MN tying on Sunday and UND beating MSUM, DU is tied for 2nd in the WCHA with UMD with 20 points. UND leads with 22 points. UNO is 4th with 17 points followed by CC, Minnesota and Wisconsin tied for 5th, all with 14 points. Everyone of the leaders has played 14 league games except for CC and UNO, who face each other in the only conference series this weekend in Colorado Springs. If UNO sweeps they will be in 2nd place all alone and DU and UMD would slide to 3rd. A CC sweep puts them all alone in 4th and UNO in 5th. A split keeps the standings just as they are. If UNO can get a 3 point weekend, they will be tied for 2nd with DU and UMD.

More importantly DU is in 6th in the PWR after yesterday's games and just above UNO and just behind UND.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                              After completion of the weekend with UMD and MN tying on Sunday and UND beating MSUM, DU is tied for 2nd in the WCHA with UMD with 20 points. UND leads with 22 points. UNO is 4th with 17 points followed by CC, Minnesota and Wisconsin tied for 5th, all with 14 points. Everyone of the leaders has played 14 league games except for CC and UNO, who face each other in the only conference series this weekend in Colorado Springs. If UNO sweeps they will be in 2nd place all alone and DU and UMD would slide to 3rd. A CC sweep puts them all alone in 4th and UNO in 5th. A split keeps the standings just as they are. If UNO can get a 3 point weekend, they will be tied for 2nd with DU and UMD.

More importantly DU is in 6th in the PWR after yesterday's games and just above UNO and just behind UND.
                              Wow!! Who would have thought we would be here after all the losses we had? Not to mention doing all this without the services of Jesse Martin and the last few games Beau Bennett. Wait until we get Beau back and when K Ostrow catches fire!! I feel like there is even more to this team that we haven't seen yet. Finally, with the majority of our scoring being Freshmen and Sophomores, the future's so bright, I gotta where shades!!!
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Go DU!!
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X