X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Post didn't send Chambers or any other reporter to Duluth
    There were only a couple of paragraphs in the post on Saturday and today on the series. Almost like the games didn't happen.

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

Bump!! Random thoughts:

1- I'm surprised at the poll over at INCH. We went down to #12 after beating #1 Duluth in their own barn?, makes no sense to me.
      2- They have Yale at #1 which has got to be the first time in their history to get that ranking. (nostalgic for me as this was the team I followed as a kid).
      3- I'm so glad the injury to Bennett does not appear as serious as first thought. When I read what the announcers said I wanted to cry!!
      4- We're getting pounded with snow right now, real hockey weather.
      5- Speaking of hockey and Maine, I did see the Pirates play over the weekend. I did not get a chance to meet the coach (thanks anyway Bagman) as they gave up a 3-0 lead and eventually lost in a shoot out. Dineen looked really ****ed off, I don't think he was in the mood to meet dmann and his drunken compadres!
      6- Speaking of the Pirates, it was a strange game. The players were all really good, but it was like it was the first time they had ever played together. It was not cohesive, passing was off, lots of fights. I think UMaine, or DU or any top ten college team could have beaten them.
      7- I love this year's team.(DU) It's so much fun to see these young guys kick ***. Just imagine if they stick around what kind of a team we'll have, especially with the recruits coming!! Awesome, we are so lucky!!!
      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
      Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
        1- I'm surprised at the poll over at INCH. We went down to #12 after beating #1 Duluth in their own barn?, makes no sense to me.
        I would say they have their heads up their azzes but that is ok as the PWR is the only important ranking and DU is sittting at #3 right now.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Former Pioneer Andy Thomas moves up from ECHL to AHL:

http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/de...-trenton/6874/

Comment

Dmann- sorry it didn't work out. Did you go down to the players entrance or just made an assesment from the stands?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
              Dmann- sorry it didn't work out. Did you go down to the players entrance or just made an assesment from the stands?
              I made an assessment from the stands. The entire game was dominated by the Pirates and with 40 seconds to go the Admirals scored. In overtime they skated 4 on 4 with no results and in the shootout they couldn't put in a single goal. It's too bad because I had it all worked out with the usher and everything. Dineen was clearly ****ed off, I don't think anyone dared speak to him. Next time, I hope!
              Tom Serratore

Comment

I made an assessment from the stands. The entire game was dominated by the Pirates and with 40 seconds to go the Admirals scored. In overtime they skated 4 on 4 with no results and in the shootout they couldn't put in a single goal. It's too bad because I had it all worked out with the usher and everything. Dineen was clearly ****ed off, I don't think anyone dared speak to him. Next time, I hope!
                No worries, the usher behind the penalty boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
                  No worries, the usher behind the penalty boxes?
                  Yes, I think his name was Jim. I explained the situation and told him about my connection, friend of a friend, DU, etc, etc and despite the ever so slight slur and full beer, he believed me, I couldn't believe it.
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    DU's women's basketball team beat #23 Vanderbilt 70-65.
                    Very cool!

Comment

Another nice article about Drew Shore.
                      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...hore_thing.php
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Did any of you see the Kiplingers Article about DU and CC being top values?

The most interesting part I took for it is that DU admits a whopping 70% of its applicants, whereas CC only admits 32%. I was led to believe by the latest DU press that the number of quality of students applying and limited spots had driven down DU's acceptance rate to it's lowest ever. Doesn't seem like much has changed from my days.

Comment

Yes, I think his name was Jim. I explained the situation and told him about my connection, friend of a friend, DU, etc, etc and despite the ever so slight slur and full beer, he believed me, I couldn't believe it.
                          Great guy,has been at the CCCC forever.

Comment

DU moves up one spot to #9 in USCHO poll, Yale #1 and UMD #2

http://http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Another nice article about Drew Shore.
                              http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...hore_thing.php
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mannino Saves View Post
                                Did any of you see the Kiplingers Article about DU and CC being top values?

The most interesting part I took for it is that DU admits a whopping 70% of its applicants, whereas CC only admits 32%. I was led to believe by the latest DU press that the number of quality of students applying and limited spots had driven down DU's acceptance rate to it's lowest ever. Doesn't seem like much has changed from my days.
                                Thats interesting. I'll have to check out the article.

Add these figures to DU supposedly drawing 5,400 to the Hoops game [check out the crowd shots in the highligh video. Looks about 1/2 to 2/3rd empty at least] this weekend and DU playing games with Gwozdecky's contract negotiations. Then when people like Mike Chambers try to bring some facts and figures to the light of day, DU goes ballistic.

Its obvious that we were lied to about the mascot (Anyone remember Public Forums & debates???), misled to about the admissions situation, lied to about hoops attendance figures, force fed the WAC/basketball fiasco.

To me the problem is that no one is holding the school and the Chancellor accountable. They hide behind "private school shield" way too often.

It is a big deal? Only if you start believing your own bullsh**, like in the Enron situation. DU needs to be cutting costs and lowering tuition now. We can't be saddling our graduates and their parents with high tuition and enormous debts. Its not good business and its not smart policy.
                                Last edited by dggoddard; 12-06-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X