This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

A the key to sweeping a double shifting team is get the lead and lock it down on Friday night. Wear them out and pick up the pieces on Saturday.

Will be interesting to see how our young team handles the hostilities tonight.

GO DU

Comment

Drew Shore named National College Hockey Player of the Month for November. Sam Brittain receives Honorable Mention for National Rookie of the Month.

Story on DU Website
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

This victory over UMD could be a serious turning point for this young DU team. Anytime you can beat a #1 team on the road in a big game, it's a huge confidence booster that lets your team know that anything is possible if they compete hard and believe in themselves.

Of course, the Pioneers still have a long way to go. Blowing a 3-0 lead is a sign that the team is still young and doesn't really know how to lock another team down, but coming back to win that kind of game is also a learning experience in their favor.

Let's hope Bennett's injury isn't serious. He's a key piece of the Denver puzzle.

DU is in a good spot tonight. A split is a fine result, and they've already earned that. Now they can play a little bit looser, have some fun and go for a sweep. UMD is going to come out hard, and the Pios need to absorb and counter, play smart and stay out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          Let's hope Bennett's injury isn't serious. He's a key piece of the Denver puzzle.
          What happened to Bennett?
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            What happened to Bennett?
            Hurt his knee in the 2nd period. Had to be helped off the ice. Gwoz said he was walking around, with a limp, after the game, but will not play tonight.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

David Carle talks to UMD students about HCM and his experience with it.

Story on DU website

Part I Video

******* width="640" height="390">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xceyT-50fxA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xceyT-50fxA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">

Part II Video

******* width="640" height="390">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GBTpp7JL4O4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GBTpp7JL4O4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">
              Last edited by du78; 12-04-2010, 12:39 PM.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                Hurt his knee in the 2nd period. Had to be helped off the ice. Gwoz said he was walking around, with a limp, after the game, but will not play tonight.
                Very glad to hear the injury was not serious, but also glad that he won't be able to go tonight, if you catch my drift.
                Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                  Very glad to hear the injury was not serious, but also glad that he won't be able to go tonight, if you catch my drift.
                  We DU fans are hoping it is not serious. When Bozak was hurt 2 seasons ago, the initial diagnosis was not bad and it turned out it was worse. He needed surgery and missed most of the season. Erich Bacher should have an update on Beau in his game blog tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                    ... And while visiting the DU campus, check out Mustard's Last Stand. (As a former employee, I am obligated to give that one. But they have good dogs and Italian Beef sandwiches.)
                    You might appreciate this. A while back I posted on another thread about author Stephen White, a Denver psychologist who has written a series of novels about a psychologist based in Boulder. His books always feature familiar Colorado locales, and he recently posted a photo gallery of some of the places he's mentioned in his books. Here's a link to the Mustard's entry. The fictional psychologist and his detective friend are both hockey buffs...a recent book The Siege, which in a change of pace was centered on the Yale campus, mentioned the Pioneers (page 381)!.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Roger. Do you remember the context of the reference to DU in the book?

Strangely enough, I feel like this is a very important game tonight. Certainly, a sweep against the #1 team in the country on the road isn't "expected." But we've had too many years of DU teams that perform like world beaters one night, and then proceed to lose important games by "failing to show up," or by failing to show a killer instinct. We fans are left scratching our heads, wondering whether the team lacked leadership, character or work ethic. I would love to see DU treat this game tonight like an NCAA elimination game, play with the utmost intensity and focus, so that they can learn a lesson about how to play their best against the best competition. It's a great chance for DU to develop the habit of playing in that "extra gear," the lack of which has doomed recent DU teams to early NCAA exits. Win or lose, the Pios need to play like they're NOT content to leave Duluth with a split.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerWF View Post
                        You might appreciate this. A while back I posted on another thread about author Stephen White, a Denver psychologist who has written a series of novels about a psychologist based in Boulder. His books always feature familiar Colorado locales, and he recently posted a photo gallery of some of the places he's mentioned in his books. Here's a link to the Mustard's entry. The fictional psychologist and his detective friend are both hockey buffs...a recent book The Siege, which in a change of pace was centered on the Yale campus, mentioned the Pioneers (page 381)!.
                        I always appreciate a good nod to Mustard's! I should be having a Polish and some of their good fries in a little over 2 weeks!

Comment

I always appreciate a good nod to Mustard's! I should be having a Polish and some of their good fries in a little over 2 weeks!
                          What? No Italian beef? That violates a rule or regulation or commandment or law or something.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I know. You want to know what's worse? I don't put mustard or relish on my dogs. (Now just to avoid any loose talk; I'm not one of those ne'erdowells who put ketchup on their dog!) Honest to God. There is no question that I am a suburbanite, not a true Chicagoan. But I can't help myself, a good, slightly blackened Polish dog with some grilled onions and tomatoes; it just makes me happy to contemplate. The beef might be for the second visit of my trip.

Comment

I know. You want to know what's worse? I don't put mustard or relish on my dogs. (Now just to avoid any loose talk; I'm not one of those ne'erdowells who put ketchup on their dog!) Honest to God. There is no question that I am a suburbanite, not a true Chicagoan. But I can't help myself, a good, slightly blackened Polish dog with some grilled onions and tomatoes; it just makes me happy to contemplate. The beef might be for the second visit of my trip.
                              In Chicago there's a city ordinance that anyone over 10 who puts ketchup on a hot dog is arrested and fined. You go into a dog joint in Chicago and ask for the ketchup, they give you that "this better be for your fries" look--and they ain't kidding.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 12-04-2010, 04:56 PM.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                                Thanks for the info, Roger. Do you remember the context of the reference to DU in the book?

Link:

I was thinking that if the Pioneers from DU and the Bulldogs from Yale ever scheduled a hockey game at the Whale in New Haven, I would figure out a way to get there before they dropped the first puck. That would be one game I wanted both teams to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X