This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

i was a classmate of Dineen, and he's still my all time favorite Pioneer for his work ethic. I think he's still the only Sophomore Captain in DU history....Then he left for the Canadian Olympic Team in 84 and on to Binghamton and then NHL, where he became an all-Star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
      i was a classmate of Dineen, and he's still my all time favorite Pioneer for his work ethic. I think he's still the only Sophomore Captain in DU history....Then he left for the Canadian Olympic Team in 84 and on to Binghamton and then NHL, where he became an all-Star.
      Yep. The only sophomore captain, which did not exactly go over well with the upperclassmen. However, Ralph Backstrom was on to something as he captained two NHL teams -- the Hartford Whalers and the Flyers. I have always been more of a college hockey fan than an NHL fan (just based on my upbringing) and the only poster of an NHL player I ever put up on my bedroom wall was a Dineen poster.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to DU posters everywhere. I know we all give thanks that Jesse Martin is alive, not paralyzed and recovering splendidly. Enjoy the day.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          No DU players on either team. Maybe Bagman can set you up with a meet-and-greet with Dineen, who is a great guy and is always cool with fellow Pioneers.
          I was actually going to ask Bagman about that when the time gets closer. I will be with a group of about 7-8 other guys (we call ourselves the "Gentlemen's Club", we try to do something once a month to get away from our wives). Anyway, I thought I would at the very least wear my DU colors. What do you think Bagman, anyway I could say hello to him and pass along any message from you?
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

I don't think Bagman would have any problem with setting up a meet and greet with Kevin. Last Monday Bagman and I went to the Rangers/Flames game in MSG. Three of the five Dineen brothers were there. Jerry Dineen works for the Rangahs and Shawn and Peter were there scouting for Nashville and Columbus. We all met up and had a good time. The only Dineen I knew until then was Shawn who was at DU when I was there. Kevin and Gordie both had long NHL careers while Peter had a cup of coffee with the LA Kings and a long AHL career. Shawn played in the minors his whole pro career and Jerry played a few seasons in the ECHL. Shawn and Kevin went to DU, Jerry went to SUNY-Plattsburgh, Gord played in the OHL and Peter played in the BCJHL, WCHL and OHA. Of course their legendary father is Bill Dineen, former NHL player and coach as well as WHA coach.

Hoops team got their first win last night 69-51 over Alcorn State!
            Last edited by du78; 11-26-2010, 08:02 AM.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!

Now back to the kitchen.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                I was actually going to ask Bagman about that when the time gets closer. I will be with a group of about 7-8 other guys (we call ourselves the "Gentlemen's Club", we try to do something once a month to get away from our wives). Anyway, I thought I would at the very least wear my DU colors. What do you think Bagman, anyway I could say hello to him and pass along any message from you?
                Dmann-Since you have blown me off everytime I go to Maine, I don't know why I would reach out to Dino for you. muahahahahahahahahahahahahah. DU78- I wish we could have more time with the Dineen boys. The stories were just beginning to roll.

Comment

Jesse Martin's father, Terry, suffered a heart attack in Edmonton. He had two stents put into his artery and is recovering at his home.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...-attack/14324/

Considering how well he managed his son's injury treatment over the last few weeks, his stress level had to be far higher than he ever let on in public.

Hopefully, he recovers back to normal. Stents are an amazing invention - a little mesh screen that fit in an artery, helping to unblock arteries and insure better blood flow.

Comment

Jesse Martin's father, Terry, suffered a heart attack in Edmonton. He had two stents put into his artery and is recovering at his home.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...-attack/14324/
                    Considering how well he managed his son's injury treatment over the last few weeks, his stress level had to be far higher than he ever let on in public.

Hopefully, he recovers back to normal. Stents are an amazing invention - a little mesh screen that fit in an artery, helping to unblock arteries and insure better blood flow.
                    Prayers and positive thoughts go out to to Terry, Jesse and the whole Martin family. This may not be Thanksgiving in Canada, but let's all give thanks that Terry and Jesse are recuperating.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Prayers and positive thoughts go out to to Terry, Jesse and the whole Martin family. This may not be Thanksgiving in Canada, but let's all give thanks that Terry and Jesse are recuperating.
                      ". . .and please Lord, enough. Okay?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
                        Dmann-Since you have blown me off everytime I go to Maine, I don't know why I would reach out to Dino for you. muahahahahahahahahahahahahah. DU78- I wish we could have more time with the Dineen boys. The stories were just beginning to roll.
                        Just in case any of you winced at Bagman's evil post, we just got off the phone and the shout out to Dineen is imminent. Have no fear, all is well in Pioneer land!!
                        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                        Tom Serratore

Comment

The Pioneers are going to need to bring it much better against AFA. Denver's slow starts are getting old. Would love to see a 60 minute effort.

Comment

The Pioneers are going to need to bring it much better against AFA. Denver's slow starts are getting old. Would love to see a 60 minute effort.
                            Gwoz not happy, said he may adjust some playing time rewarding those who are working hard with more ice time.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

We got the the W, but it wasn't pretty. Kyle Ostrow was playing hard! Drew Shore was awesome! Brittain was very good. Zucker was there! The question is: To whom is gwoz speaking?
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

They're asking to give one away.

Comment

Working...
                                X