UND vs. UNO Let it begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND vs. UNO Let it begin!

Can UNO's hot start continue? Will the Sioux hand UNO it's first conference loss? For those of you travelling down for the games if you need ideas on food or things to do while you are here feel free to ask.
    Unleash the fury!

Re: UND vs. UNO Let it begin!

Does Captain Gaptooth have a butt ugly red blazer that he wears every game?
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Does Captain Gaptooth have a butt ugly red blazer that he wears every game?
      He seems to wear a lot of black. Kind of our thing now - Trev decreed (thankfully) that we'd put a little difference between UNO and the Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by unomavfan View Post
        Can UNO's hot start continue? Will the Sioux hand UNO it's first conference loss? For those of you travelling down for the games if you need ideas on food or things to do while you are here feel free to ask.
        Any suggestions would be welcome. I've heard the sponsored UND alumni gathering is at a place called Union Pizzeria. I looked at their website and it looks a bit lame, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Local knowledge would be appreciated. There will be about 10 of us.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I'll post more later, but for those folks coming down. Union Pizzeria is not at the top of my list. I would go to the Mattress Factory just west of the Qwest Center. Better array of menu items, and a good sized bar/better vibe.

If you want local brews, the Upstream is very good at 11th and Jackson.

More later, but ask what type of food/atmosphere you're looking for, and I'm more than happy to make recommendations.

I hope you have a good time here, outside of coming out on the short end of a couple of very exciting hockey games!

Comment

I'm sure at least one of the nights we're going to end up at the alumni event, since some of our group will definitely want to do that. I'd prefer the brew pub atmosphere you mentioned. I would like to go to a place where there will be a reasonable chance of getting a place to sit prior to the game, possibly with some afternoon football games on the tv.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I would go mattress factory then. very close to the arena, good amount of big tv's and good food. the place is very large, and since the husker game doesn't start till 7, getting a table should be ok.

Comment

I hope our guys aren't intimidated by North Dakota and I hope they don't put pressure on themselves due to the Blais/UND hoopla. UNO is big, fast and very tough to beat at home. My gut says split
                UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

I might also suggest checking out the zoo on Saturday. It's a world class facility with plenty of indoor exhibits so you won't have to worry about the cold. I would suggest checking out the Old Market area as well, it's less than a mile from the Qwest center and offers plenty of dining and shopping options.
                  Unleash the fury!

Comment

All these **** UNO fans are being too nice. Knock it off.

Speaking of the zoo, how many of your players have to return there after the game?
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                      I hope our guys aren't intimidated by North Dakota and I hope they don't put pressure on themselves due to the Blais/UND hoopla. UNO is big, fast and very tough to beat at home. My gut says split
                      Dirty's guts say sweep every weekend, standby it's coming.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        All these **** UNO fans are being too nice. Knock it off.

Speaking of the zoo, how many of your players have to return there after the game?
                        Where'd you get your clothes...from the...toilet store?

Many (though certainly not all) of us have seen enough hillbilly fan conduct in this and other leagues to know it's pretty weak tea. We're having fun right now. We're four losses away from our next existential crisis. Anybody who doesn't understand that hasn't been a sports fan long, or has a significant problem with inductive reasoning. Plus, our programs are like long lost cousins, what with the NCC and tDean and all.

When I was a beer-drinking lad, I liked the Upstream (not for nothing was it nicknamed the Yupstream) Brewery in the Old Market, a short walk from QCO.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                          I hope our guys aren't intimidated by North Dakota .....
                          Nothing to worry about ... unless the Sioux show up in their black sweaters ... because the Sioux are 21-1-2 in black.

Also the fact that the Sioux outshot the Badgers 98-32 last weekend means nothing. Heck a good goalie should be able to stop most of those shots.

You may want to pull your goalie 2-3 times over the weekend just to keep em on their toes. Gophers like to pull their goalies a lot when they play the Sioux.

No reason to be intimidated. However, there is a recent trend for some opposing team captains to become frustraited while playing against the Sioux.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUevFye7FtM
                          Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 11-15-2010, 06:33 PM.
                          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                            You may want to pull your goalie 2-3 times over the weekend just to keep em on their toes. Gophers like to pull their goailies a lot when they play the Sioux.
                            Why are giving him this idea? Didn't Blais invent pulling the goalie?
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

The Sue have yet to experience the incompulable (ask MavRick) sheet of ice fondly referred to as Lake Dixon. So we got that goin' for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X