• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU @ Alaska

Might as well start it up. Go Cats!
    NMU

Re: NMU @ Alaska

I don't care what/where each teams record is. NMU seams to have our number lately. In my mind, we don't deserve to go to the big dance in the spring if we can't beat this team. I want us to sweep this weekend, which will send the message loud and clear, we deserve to go to the dance!
    Taking all the points this weekend is also needed to keep pace with our cluster mates.
    Go Nooks! Win Two!
    Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

V-rap and I look forward to crashing this party.

Have the flying polar bears topped last year's performance?
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

If recent history against NMU is any indicator, a couple of ties are in order. But just like every other CCHA team we need as many points as we can get.

That's my insightful analysis.

Go Nooks.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Northern is starting to turn things around, it wouldn't surprise me if they split
          NMU

Comment

We could very well split, but I would be disappointed with anything but six points. The Wildcats have typically been a tough match-up for us, but this is not your typical Nanook squad. We are noticeably quicker, deeper, and more skilled than we have been in the past. Which doesn't mean squat of course unless you play hard all 60 minutes. The CCHA has already shown that the margin of victory is small, and you had better bring you’re A game if you expect to win.

NMU is 4-4-0-0 for a total of 12 points in CCHA play, with a pair of losses at Miami, a pair of wins at OSU, and splitting with both LSSU and BGSU. UAF is 4-3-1-1 for 14 points, with a shootout win and a loss to MSU, a sweep of BGSU, and splitting with both Michigan and Miami.

Conference stats go something like this:
            Code:
            CCHA Play	UAF			NMU
            CCHA Record	4-3-1-1=14		4-4-0-0=12
            Offense		T#7-2.25 /game  	T#7-2.25 /game
            Defense		T#3-2.25 /game	        T#9-3.00 /game
            Penalty min     T#5-14.2 min/gm          #2-19.5 min/gm
            PP	        T#3-17.9%  		 #8-13.9%
            PK		 #5-87.8%		 #9-80.9%
            Goals scored	T#4 9-5-4-0=18          T#4 5-5-8-0=18
            Goals allowed	T#4 4-7-7-0=18           #10 7-10-7-0=24
            And besides, I've been perusing MTU threads for tidbits of hockey wisdom and the general consensus is NMU sucks. So there's that.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              ...And besides, I've been perusing MTU threads for tidbits of hockey wisdom and the general consensus is NMU sucks. So there's that.
              Maybe you haven't noticed, but MTU has an inferiority complex against Northern...

Sorta like a certain University in Alaska that has a fear of the letter "F" in their name.

Go 'Cats!
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Does anyone know why Dallas didn't travel to Miami, and is his family okay?

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                  His mother in law is very sick. I haven't heard if she passed or not.
                  Last edited by 1/2 nook; 11-16-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                    Northern is starting to turn things around, it wouldn't surprise me if they split
                    northern sweeps they are coming around.

Comment

Code:
                      Maybe you haven't noticed, but MTU has an inferiority complex against Northern... 
                      Sorta like a certain University in Alaska that has a fear of the letter "F" in their name. 
                      Go 'Cats!
                      I think you are confusing us with a certain University in Alaska fan base that can't spell...or read, or write, ...but I digress. But I get your point. We know all too well about whiney rival fan bases and their inferiority complexes.

The Nooks have performed uncharacteristically bad against the Cats the last couple years. Law of averages would, have us better than 0-6-4. So we also have the law on our side. Justice prevails, Nooks sweep.

Go Nooks!

Edit: BTW, justice is not blind...[insert CCHA ref one-liner here]
                      Last edited by mmf; 11-18-2010, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                        I heard his mother-in-law and his grandmother both passed away in the same week. Not sure if it's true, as I got the info through the rumor mill. Hope it's not true.
                        All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Just got off the phone with Era Alaska, and my flight to Barrow will be on time or at least close enough to make the Alaska Airlines flight to _airbanks. With the storm we had on the slope yesterday that hung in Barrow I thought there was no way I'd make it out today. None the less this NMU Puckhead will be in route in a little over an hour for Fairbanks Invasion 2.0. The Nooks in my opinion are better than what their record shows. I'm calling for a split this weekend, because although back to back shootouts was fun to watch last year nobody likes kissing their sister, especially when her breath smells like dead seal.
                          Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                          NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                          Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                          Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

I expect to see what we saw against BG.

Comment

If the Nooks play to their potential then they should win. If they think the Cats are going to roll over then this could be a frustrating weekend. In the past this is the type of series where we faltered. Will be interesting if last year's taste of the NCAAs helps drive home how important every point is, or if the coaches and senior leadership can keep this team motivated each period this weekend.

The Cats would like nothing better than to maintain their unbeaten streak against us, and use this weekend as the turning point for their season. They will be ready to play and we had better be ready to match their intensity. It may be a tall order, but anything less than six points at home will be disappointing.

The game starts a half hour later than normal, so we might have a few butts in the seats when the game actually starts. That would different.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Working...
                              X