8.Hamline
    9.Adrian
    10.Elmira
    11.Plattsburgh
    12.Williams
    13.MSOE
    14.Stevens Point
    15.River Falls

Norwich loses another first place to Oswego i think as well.

I still think its ridiculous that Bowdoin is going to be #6 this week but what can you do. Finally everyone gets underway next weekend.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 11/15

Speaking from an MCHA perspective, I don't see Adrian at #9. MSOE could even be ranked higher than Adrian after tonight's doings.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Not sure I have the gravitas on this board to make the following suggestion, but here it comes anyway....

Have your Preseason Poll before the season starts - doh!

Start the regular season poll with the first games played but require any team ranked to have played at least one game...

It self corrects by New Year's Day - or sooner....
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I'll do you one better. I wouldn't start the polls until the last weekend of November is over. That way everyone's been on the ice for a series or two.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          Not sure I have the gravitas on this board to make the following suggestion, but here it comes anyway....

Have your Preseason Poll before the season starts - doh!

Start the regular season poll with the first games played but require any team ranked to have played at least one game...

It self corrects by New Year's Day - or sooner....
          But then what would we talk about for the first three months of the season
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Trust me. We can find plenty to argue about.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Trust me. We can find plenty to argue about.
              Never

Just as long as everyone realizes that Adrian is overrated, Oswego fans think the Lakers need to win every game by 6 goals, the NESCAC and ECAC East schools compromise the CCCP, and its always RIT's fault.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Don't forget that ______ has no class.

God, that was fun...

Comment

My first post of the season is a question. Plattsburgh's record 2-3, so early in the season, do they continue to drop in the poll? I could imagine them a lot lower than 11th place, but I also know they have a history of coming back strong. Oswego is on a strong roll to take 1st if Norwich has the same start Plattsburgh has had, but I don't think that will happen after watching the maroon and gold game last night. Cadets seems fast and huge.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Borrowed from D-1. I couldn't help it. And no, I'm not sorry.:

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                      My first post of the season is a question. Plattsburgh's record 2-3, so early in the season, do they continue to drop in the poll? I could imagine them a lot lower than 11th place, but I also know they have a history of coming back strong. Oswego is on a strong roll to take 1st if Norwich has the same start Plattsburgh has had, but I don't think that will happen after watching the maroon and gold game last night. Cadets seems fast and huge.
                      No offense here, but several Plattsburgh fans thought they were "fast and huge" in their Red and White game.....if Norwich starts like Plattsburgh did, yes Oswego easily takes over 1st. Heck right now if Norwich doesnt beat up on UNE and So.Maine I'd put Oswego in first.
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I just have no idea why Norwich doesn't play a game until so late in the season. Its nuts. That aside, Oswego deserve the #1 ranking. I mean...yeah, granted teams haven't played a game yet and realistically these rankings don't mean much, but I still think the Lakers are well deserving of numero uno. All levity aside, they look great. And with Plattsburgh slipping hard this early in the season, the stars may be aligning for us..

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Speaking from an MCHA perspective, I don't see Adrian at #9. MSOE could even be ranked higher than Adrian after tonight's doings.
                          I doubt that. Adrian's going to be firmly in the 8~13 range... they're firmly entrenched in that spot, justly or not. Kind of like [insert over-ranked NESCAC team here who hasn't played a game yet]. The next MCHA team will probably be voted in at 14 or 15.

In any other year, this weekend's MSOE sweep of Marian would just result in both teams dropping. I'm guessing now MSOE or Marian will be a regular feature toward the bottom of the top 15.

Comment

My guess is Marian, looking at the rest of their schedule. They're done with both Adrian and MSOE. Yes, they've still got Norbert in a couple weeks, but they've also got Lawrence, and a whole lot of Concordia and Northland. Not a whole lot of places to drop games in there, conference-wise. As I said before, MSOE is still looking at 4 games with Adrian, starting in January.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuy_11 View Post
                              I just have no idea why Norwich doesn't play a game until so late in the season. Its nuts. That aside, Oswego deserve the #1 ranking. I mean...yeah, granted teams haven't played a game yet and realistically these rankings don't mean much, but I still think the Lakers are well deserving of numero uno. All levity aside, they look great. And with Plattsburgh slipping hard this early in the season, the stars may be aligning for us..
                              Norwich is FORCED into starting this late because of the Interlock which will be ending at the conclusion of this season. The NESCAC likes to finish out a full season before starting up the next one so they ban their winter sports from starting practices until Nov. 1. Since the ECAC East and the NESCAC schools are in the interlock, the ECAC East schools must wait to start their seasons as well.

That all changes next year and the ECAC East schools will be free to do what they want and start when they want. Norwich has already booked an exhibition game at D-I Dartmouth on Oct 22 or 23rd next year.

Norwich is the defending national champion and they are still the #1 team in the poll because they lost one game last year and a have a boatload of talent returning from that team. Many pollsters vote on the mantra that the defending champs should be the #1 team until beaten. I'm also a believer in this theory.

Once Norwich plays its first games this weekend, we'll see how they look and maybe the poll will start to change around, but for now, the Cadets aren't moving from #1.
                              Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 11-14-2010, 08:03 PM.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X