X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow

Those who know me..............all I can say is wow and congrats to UConn

Re: Wow

On the ol' "Opie and Anthony" radio show, about 10 or so years ago, WOW had a very different meaning..... I confess to having had a flashback! Anyone from New England remember the show?

Sorry, the word just happen to catch my eye, but I agree........congrats to UConn, especially to Sophomore Kelly Horan with not one, but 2 game winning goals this weekend.

Sounds like a Hockey East Player of the week candidate to me!
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
      On the ol' "Opie and Anthony" radio show, about 10 or so years ago, WOW had a very different meaning..... I confess to having had a flashback! Anyone from New England remember the show?
      Yes, i listened to WAAF or WEEI pretty much nonstop when I'd do homework in high school, but mainly WAAF. I think I was much more productive back then.

Comment

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
        Yes, i listened to WAAF or WEEI pretty much nonstop when I'd do homework in high school, but mainly WAAF. I think I was much more productive back then.

O and A are still on Radio... XM and Sirrius Satelite...still WOWing..

Comment

Originally posted by 23Fan View Post
          O and A are still on Radio... XM and Sirrius Satelite...still WOWing..
          And little Jimmy Norton...Happy Birthday Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
            .......congrats to UConn, especially to Sophomore Kelly Horan with not one, but 2 game winning goals this weekend.

Sounds like a Hockey East Player of the week candidate to me!
            Agreed as well. One question though - has anyone seen the back of the net? UNH can't seem to find it
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

UConn Husky, symbol of might to the foe
              Fight, fight Connecticut / It's victory, let's go (let's go!)
              Connecticut UConn Husky,
              Do it again for the white and blue
              So go (fight!) - go (fight!) - go (fight!) - go!
              Connecticut, Connecticut U (Spell it!)
              C - O - N - N - E - C - T - I - C - U - T, Connecticut
              Connecticut Husky, Connecticut Husky
              C - O - N - N - U (Fight!)

Comment

Ditto
                Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

I just wish that Univ. of Connecticut, ( the Admin and Sports AD, not the fans) was as gung-ho for their hockey programs, as they are for their B-ball and football teams....their in-house coverage of the women's hockey team is pitiful comparatively......no audio or video of last weeks UNH game...no Gametracker, not even the HockeyEast Update screen, since no audio for anyone to get .......come'on UConn, that's bad.....

Comment

Originally posted by Justamom View Post
                    Those who know me..............all I can say is wow and congrats to UConn
                    And now congrats to Maine. WOW
                    Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                      And now congrats to Maine. WOW
                      I'm a little confused as to why these wins are seen as major accomplishments? Sure, from a historical standpoint, they stand out. But it is not like this is the 2008 or 2006 UNH squads. IIRC, UNH was picked 4th in the Hockey East preseason poll. They lost their captain, Patty Kaz finalist, and 50+ pt scorer in Paton, as well as another 50+ point scorer in Long. They are very young up front, with only two returning forwards that have put up more than 20 pts at the D1 level (and only for one year each).

Not to take anything away from UConn or Maine, but I don't think any honest UNH fan was expecting this team to live up to it's predecessors.
                      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                        I'm a little confused as to why these wins are seen as major accomplishments? Sure, from a historical standpoint, they stand out. But it is not like this is the 2008 or 2006 UNH squads. IIRC, UNH was picked 4th in the Hockey East preseason poll. They lost their captain, Patty Kaz finalist, and 50+ pt scorer in Paton, as well as another 50+ point scorer in Long. They are very young up front, with only two returning forwards that have put up more than 20 pts at the D1 level (and only for one year each).

Not to take anything away from UConn or Maine, but I don't think any honest UNH fan was expecting this team to live up to it's predecessors.
                        Of course historically................. When was the last time Maine beat UNH?
                        Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                          I'm a little confused as to why these wins are seen as major accomplishments?
                          Take it as a compliment. I had similar feelings about UMD in 2003-04 and Wisconsin last year. Even though you know going into the year that their roster isn't what it has been, because they've been so dominant, even as the losses mount you half expect them to rise off the deck like a mostly-dead terminator and start another championship run.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                          X