UNH - BU Home and Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH - BU Home and Home

I recorded the game last night, watching it now (I know - glutton for punishment, but the fact that UNH puts opposing teams' fans in a section where students stand prevented me from seeing good portions, and your PA system could use some upgrading, so I had to see what I missed, which was a lot). I wanted to see what the discussion was on the reviewed goal and why it took so long. It's weird, the overhead view to me looked like the puck crossed the line after the net came off the mooring but the view from the broadcast looked totally different. I can see why it took so long. Not saying it shouldn't have been called back but now I see that it kinda mighta been. I suppose it would have been easier to overturn if the net actually came completely off, but it didn't. Regardless, that was a nice play and goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I recorded the game last night, watching it now (I know - glutton for punishment, but the fact that UNH puts opposing teams' fans in a section where students stand prevented me from seeing good portions, and your PA system could use some upgrading, so I had to see what I missed, which was a lot). I wanted to see what the discussion was on the reviewed goal and why it took so long. It's weird, the overhead view to me looked like the puck crossed the line after the net came off the mooring but the view from the broadcast looked totally different. I can see why it took so long. Not saying it shouldn't have been called back but now I see that it kinda mighta been. I suppose it would have been easier to overturn if the net actually came completely off, but it didn't. Regardless, that was a nice play and goal.
      There aren't normally students over that. That section was taken away from the students a few years ago. I'm guessing that the university decided to release more tickets to them and I was pretty pleased to see that (sorry it took away your view though, that is quite annoying).
      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Two things I took away from last night's game. First, UNH battles for every puck. I've seen all but two games this year (BC & Lowell weekend) and the energy that all four lines is putting out is phenomenal. Battling for pucks leads to turnovers, turnovers lead to goals, goals lead to wins. Umile said he liked what he calls "the pace" last night. What he means is skate, skate, skate. That they did in spades. Should be an interesting matchup tonight at Agganis, where UNH has only lost once.

Second, and I have no idea where this came from, but I have been totally impressed by the student section this year. In the last few years it would not be packed except for games against the big three - BC, BU & Maine. There was too much of arriving late and leaving early. But even last weekend against UMass the students were there early and they were loud. Last night took me back to the Mowers/Krog days when the students would pack both ends. I hope they keep it up because when they do, there is no doubt it energizes the team.

One last thing, I too am sorry that Scarlet had difficulty watching the game last night. As stated, that end zone is normally no populated with students, but I guess the demand was so great that they had to open it up for them. Good for UNH, bad for the visitors. Please take solace in the fact that you get a better view at the Whit than the visitors do at Alfond, where you watch the game from what remind me of a dungeon. Or, worse, at Miami where fans of the visiting team are provided with standing room only seats.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
          Disagree strongly on this one. He lined DeSimone up and leveled him between the numbers from behind. Dangerous play, and very deserving of the misconduct. Video of Parker's take and much more on the blog linked in my sig.
          Classic Jack Parker, gotta love him.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            UNH fans - what the heck is up with that rotary coming out of the parking lot?
            That rotary was new to me also for the UMass game last weekend. I think that UNH and the town are trying to slow down traffic coming into Durham from the west, as apparently the speed limit signs were not working and there were a couple of really bad accidents at that intersection. Then again, perhaps UNH is trying to save money by not needing a cop there to direct traffic after games, but that would be only a few nights per year, so I think it is the former explanation.

Comment

Thank you, NESN. I was impressed with UNH's discipline, both in playing their positions and in not getting sucked into retaliatory penalties. I thought it was as close to a 100% effort as we'll see, and Jack Parker showed his class when he said his team took a lot of penalties, deserved every one, and some of them were just stupid. Tonight will be a real test for UNH.
              And that rotary is a PITA.
              "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
              Larry David

Comment

UNH played a complete game last night.

BU looked like their old selves in being unable to clear a puck from the defensive zone and surrendering too many along the boards behind the goal, leading directly to 2 goals last night.

Noonan showed his inexperience with some dumb penalties and out of control defensive play. He should sit for a game or three.

Trivino was meh.

Who told the Terriers to go for Digiralomo's blocker side?!??! He was so solid there and yet the shots just kept coming.

On a different note, Warsofsky showed why he is so highly thought of and at both ends, Chiasson and Coyle were both studs and Sahir Gill continues to impress with his smooth play and smart passing.

WHile Milan played really really well, especially in the 5 on 3 shotfests, I didn't like his head shaking after goals and general slumped shoulders defeated look. Gotta get back on an even keel for him. Maybe Rollie tonight?

Parker and the captains gotta light a fire under this team for tonights game. If they can't bounce back, the season ahead looks grim.

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post

Parker and the captains gotta light a fire under this team for tonights game.
                  True.

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
                  If they can't bounce back, the season ahead looks grim.
                  False
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Finally saw the Jack interview (thanks, Hammer) and I'll just agree to disagree about it. I actually thought the Noonan hit later on in the game (the 3rd I believe) was a worse hit and was worthy of game misconduct.
                    Looking forward to returning to Agganis tonight and hoping that BU can right the ship. I don't think it bodes ill for the season if they give up 4, but I'd most certainly prefer at least one point tonight.

Comment

• Re: UNH - BU Home and Home

For you BU fans, in the other UNH thread I mentioned that I was with an old teammate who was there to scout 2 of his team's drafts from BU last night....when I kiddingly asked him why we couldn't handle BU like that back when, he said they were so much better than this squad.....BU isn't very deep and the D is too porous he said, not really that good...not my words at all but I find that many of the scouts are never really impressed with college teams just the individuals they need to fill their rosters, so with that said, UNH has to win tonight or this weekend falls into the category of another split weekend with BU, and all the hype of today's comments fall by the wayside.....again it's what UNH does in Maarch that means something.....however I left the Whitt last night awful proud and happy )

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                        BU isn't very deep and the D is too porous he said, not really that good...not my words at all but I find that many of the scouts are never really impressed with college teams just the individuals they need to fill their rosters, so with that said, UNH has to win tonight or this weekend falls into the category of another split weekend with BU, and all the hype of today's comments fall by the wayside
                        What do you have against periods? This one sentence has about six different topics in it.
                        April 11th 2009
                        October 27th 2004
                        October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Meh. I've been waiting for BU to drop a dog of a game for awhile now.

Honestly, you'd think everyone had forgotten this is a very very young team on the ice for BU. They're bound to get thoroughly outplayed at times this season.

It's been a surprising start to the season that they've come together as well as they have. Usually we don't see coherent play in a young BU team until January.

That said, it'll be interesting to see how they respond to last night's drubbing. Even if it's not a win, they need to come out playing better hockey again.

Comment

Anyone know why UNH wasn't wearing their roads for the Blue Out? Jackie not bring the home whites up?
                            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Possibly the worst 4 goal period in the history of hockey. It looked like BU was throwing the game, but nobody told Rollheiser.
                              Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                                Possibly the worst 4 goal period in the history of hockey. It looked like BU was throwing the game, but nobody told Rollheiser.
                                Agreed on the second. BUt the third was the best period we've seen in a long while.

Any word on #12?

Comment

Working...
                                X