UNH - BU Home and Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH - BU Home and Home

Misconduct Penalty against Escobedo was horse$hit. Am just by where it happened. Definitely a penalty, not worthy of Game Misconduct.

Comment

BU hoops on radio? No hockey again?
      Frozen Fours: '86, '88, '90, '91, '92, '93, '95, '96, '98, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '09, '14, '15

Walter Brown, Agganis, Boston Garden-old/new, Matthews, McHugh, Kelly Rink, Bright, Tsongas, Lawler, Schneider, Providence CC, Alfond, Tully, Portland CC, Centrum, Whittemore, Snively, Hobey Baker Rink, Lynah, MSG, Gutterson, Houston Field House, Ingalls, Smith rink, Davis Rink, Pepsi Center, Bradley Center, St. Paul CC, Fenway, Mullins, Verizon, Joe Louis, HSBC, Nationwide, Messa, Perrotti.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
        anybody else feel like these two games are BU's to lose?
        I do, I do!

Comment

UNH fans - what the heck is up with that rotary coming out of the parking lot?

Comment

Originally posted by gambs View Post
            BU hoops on radio? No hockey again?
            at least they won...
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
              Misconduct Penalty against Escobedo was horse$hit. Am just by where it happened. Definitely a penalty, not worthy of Game Misconduct.
              I think its automatic if its into the boards now (?)

Comment

Disagree strongly on this one. He lined DeSimone up and leveled him between the numbers from behind. Dangerous play, and very deserving of the misconduct. Video of Parker's take and much more on the blog linked in my sig.
                Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Very interesting play for the misconduct. It was from behind with a good amount of time to 'decommit' for desimone. i'd call it as a 2 min for boarding. ive seen worse penalties against other teams that haven;t been right. hardworking game for both teams.. i dont think the score represents the play.

Side note: Silengo and Goumas create offense for UNH. I hope they keep this line together.

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                    i dont think the score represents the play.
                    Do you mean that the game was closer than the score indicates?? I hate to disagree with you again, but even Parker said it was men vs. boys out there, and if it weren't for Millan it would have been 12-2. BU had stretches where they had the better of the play but not for more than a minute or two here and there. UNH dominated for long stretches of the game. I expect a much different game tomorrow, but if you mean the score didn't represent the play, its because it should/could have been a lot worse...

Comment

Eh. I just feel like UNH had a couple opportunites to crack the game open.... and they didn;t. Luckily the team picked it up and carried on for the win...
                      Tonight at Agganis will be totally different. UNH has to play their best game of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                        Eh. I just feel like UNH had a couple opportunites to crack the game open.... and they didn;t. Luckily the team picked it up and carried on for the win...
                        Tonight at Agganis will be totally different. UNH has to play their best game of the year.
                        They kind of did crack the game open, maybe not wide open to a complete laugher, but a three goal lead is fairly solid. BU did not show up tonight to play. UNH was quick, crisp, in rhythm, while BU was discombobulated, confused, often caught in no man's land, and for the last half of the game looked disinterested and defeated. That game was not close by any means.
                        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          for the last half of the game looked disinterested and defeated.
                          I was really surprised by this part. 12 minutes left in the 3rd and it was obvious if UNH didn't do something really stupid no way BU was coming back. 12 minute is a ton of hockey. This probably surprised me the most.

I will be interested in how UNH plays tonight. Last two weekends UNH has not been nearly as good Saturday as they were Friday. I wonder if it is a legs thing with a all those one game weekends early.
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Continuing on themes brought up...

Escobedo absolutely deserved the major and misconduct. Parker said so himself. There wasn't even any question about it in my mind. Someone mentioned they've seen worse hits not called misconducts. So have I, but that doesn't make it OK not to call it. Just because one officiating crew sucks and doesn't enforce the rule the right way doesn't mean they should all not enforce it. I'd rather they all follow the rule to the letter than give guys unnecessary leeway.

I also agree that 5-2 is a deceiving score. UNH dominated a lot more than that. Again, Parker admitted as much. Other than special teams and goaltending, there was not one area tonight where BU was anywhere even remotely close to competing with UNH. I don't think UNH is leaps and bounds better than BU (BU definitely had an off night), but they were tonight. Should be interesting to see how BU bounces back Saturday.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                              I was really surprised by this part. 12 minutes left in the 3rd and it was obvious if UNH didn't do something really stupid no way BU was coming back. 12 minute is a ton of hockey. This probably surprised me the most.

I will be interested in how UNH plays tonight. Last two weekends UNH has not been nearly as good Saturday as they were Friday. I wonder if it is a legs thing with a all those one game weekends early.
                              Honestly, BU was due for a game like this. We have an incredibly young team who has generally responded well to adversity, but really hadn't shown much of the youthful inexperience. Tonight it finally showed, and boy did it show. Mistakes abound and confused, disinterested play. Guys half-heartedly skating after pucks, ridiculously overskating a play leading to being miles out of position in no man's land, just lots of overall bad play. The trademark of these guys this year has been enthusiasm, hustle, and team play (sometimes too much, JUST SHOOT!) There's lots of young skill, and their hustle has made up for some of their rookie mistakes, but there was virtually none of that.
                              time to write new history

Comment

Your coach disagrees.

Comment

Working...
                                X