UNH - BU Home and Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH - BU Home and Home

If anyone here happens to live in or near DC, the two schools' alumni groups are sponsoring a joint gamewatch at the Old DOminion Brewhouse by the Convention Center. Should be fun. I'll be the guy wearing scarlet and white.
    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      There's 2 General Sullivan bridges ??? He musta been a helluva general (more traffic talk, less hawkey talkey)
      I assumed you were referring to the two lift bridges over in Portsmouth, which have been the recent source of controversy.
      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
        If anyone here happens to live in or near DC, the two schools' alumni groups are sponsoring a joint gamewatch at the Old DOminion Brewhouse by the Convention Center. Should be fun. I'll be the guy wearing scarlet and white.
        That is really cool. I however will be at the game.

But if the BU alumni group is co-sponsoring wont there be a number of people in scarlet and white?
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
          I assumed you were referring to the two lift bridges over in Portsmouth, which have been the recent source of controversy.
          No, the new one right next tothe rusty old Gen Sullivan bridge there between, what is it, newington and dover?
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
            Yep. It started a few years back, when the two teams fared better in the other's building. Marketing ran with that. Supposedly, the game at the whitt was supposed to feel/look like a road game for UNH. Instead, it looks like the stands are empty (the dark blue does not stand out). Of course, that's if/when anyone actually follows through. White-outs are better, because the white stands out, and looks like there are more people than there really are.
            I think the blue outs don't work because nobody really knows about it - maybe on campus there is better information. The whiteouts aren't working as well either for the same reason.

I think this year’s blue-out will be better because the team this year is more entertaining to watch. I haven't figured out why but I really like this team. I like it better than any team the last 6 to 8 years. Maybe it is the low expectations but I don't think so. This group wins races to pucks and just "seems" to care more, they look like they hit harder too.

In the home games this year the crowd has stood up and cheered (on none goals) more than the last couple full years. That goes back to the effort level on the ice.

I like the idea because it is nice the see the road uniform at home once a year.
            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
              I think this year’s blue-out will be better because the team this year is more entertaining to watch. I haven't figured out why but I really like this team. I like it better than any team the last 6 to 8 years. Maybe it is the low expectations but I don't think so. This group wins races to pucks and just "seems" to care more, they look like they hit harder too.
              I was nodding vigorously as I read this and then I realized you were talking about UNH. (Well, except for the last 6 to 8 years part. 2008-2009 was a good year for the Terriers.)

BU-UNH: Like looking in a Mirror
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                hey, i'm not going saturday night. anyone wants to use my tickets i'll fwd via email.
                I already bought a couple from Ticketshafter, but many thanks for posting these. ClOud 9 made a ticket available for me last Friday night in Durham that was much appreciated. It is a shame to see so many empty seats at sold out venues.

Comment

I like the idea because it is nice the see the road uniform at home once a year.
                  I like the blues better, in general, and wouldn't mind seeing them at home all the time to be honest. I know one of the leagues, the CCHA perhaps, went to homes wearing the dark sweater and roads wearing the light, not sure if they still do. I'd love to see that for Hockey East. Not a big deal really, but I love the blues.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                    I like the blues better, in general, and wouldn't mind seeing them at home all the time to be honest. I know one of the leagues, the CCHA perhaps, went to homes wearing the dark sweater and roads wearing the light, not sure if they still do. I'd love to see that for Hockey East. Not a big deal really, but I love the blues.
                    Well.. I know that the NHL went to darks at home for all teams a few years ago (main reason was the influx of 3rd jerseys that teams have now). The thought was that if teams wanted to wear their 3rd jerseys, they could AT HOME (as they are dark) and the visiting road teams would only have to bring their whites with them on the road as they are travelling. So, the home team has its choice of whether or not to wear their 3rd jerseys on a given night (my team, the Red Wings, does not have a 3rd jersey (and never will)). Makes sense to me...

I love the darks at home. They tend to be better looking jerseys across the board. Love the Wings all reds at home... as good as it gets.

As for college hockey, I have always liked the UNH blues better than the white jerseys. Glad that we will have them on home ice for at least one game this season!
                    Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                    ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                    Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                    Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                    NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      No, the new one right next tothe rusty old Gen Sullivan bridge there between, what is it, newington and dover?
                      Okay, so we're talking about the same bridge, lol. Your comment about building us a new bridge only made sense to me if you were referring to the lift bridges, and the controversy over whether to save the Memorial bridge, etc.
                      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Worst. Pregame thread. Ever.
                        Not changing my sig until we do it again...
                        2009 Boston University Terriers

Icebreaker Champions
                        Beanpot Champions
                        Denver Cup Champions
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions
                        National Rookie of the Year
                        National Coach of the Year
                        Hobey Baker Award
                        NCAA Division 1 Men's Ice Hockey Champions

...typing the above just made me happier than your hockey team has ever made you.

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
                          Well.. I know that the NHL went to darks at home for all teams a few years ago
                          I'm still not used to this. But then I still get Boston tv channel 4 and 7 mixed up. I still think wbz, channel 4 is NBC and 7 is CBS. PITA trying to find the right football games on Sundays.

Seeing Pat Patriot throwbacks is very soothing, however.
                          Go BU!

Comment

But if the BU alumni group is co-sponsoring wont there be a number of people in scarlet and white?
                            Sigh.

On the dark jersey issue... I like it when the road teams wear the dark unis... it means that there's more variety in the jerseys you get to see in your building each year, instead of all visiting teams wearing the same color. I think designating one home game a year to wear the road jerseys at home is the exact right approach.
                            BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                            CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                            2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                            2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Sigh.

On the dark jersey issue... I like it when the road teams wear the dark unis... it means that there's more variety in the jerseys you get to see in your building each year, instead of all visiting teams wearing the same color. I think designating one home game a year to wear the road jerseys at home is the exact right approach.
                              This
                              Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Sigh.

This is the rationale of most hockey fans. The NHL is investigating going back to the older format based on this principle.
                                Not changing my sig until we do it again...
                                2009 Boston University Terriers

Icebreaker Champions
                                Beanpot Champions
                                Denver Cup Champions
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions
                                National Rookie of the Year
                                National Coach of the Year
                                Hobey Baker Award
                                NCAA Division 1 Men's Ice Hockey Champions

...typing the above just made me happier than your hockey team has ever made you.

Comment

Working...
                                X