X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH - BU Home and Home

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
    Guys, help me out.

I'm somewhat familiar with the format of this forum but not all the ins and outs.

I see that when someone posts you can report the post, or leave reputation. That's similar to other forums I've posted on before, so I'm familiar with that, but I don't know how to look for private responses others leave for things i post??

thanks in advance!
    Click on "Settings" at the top of the page. Welcome to the boards!
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Guys, help me out.

I'm somewhat familiar with the format of this forum but not all the ins and outs.

I see that when someone posts you can report the post, or leave reputation. That's similar to other forums I've posted on before, so I'm familiar with that, but I don't know how to look for private responses others leave for things i post??

thanks in advance!
      Check out the "Settings" menu at the top of the page.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        Click on "Settings" at the top of the page. Welcome to the boards!
        Thanks for the quick help, and sorry for using this pregrame thread as a means to find out!!

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
          Dont worry....we're gonna build ya a new one .
          Wrong bridge.
          113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

If anyone has one or two student tickets they are trying to get rid of (or any ticket for that matter), let me know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Verkligen View Post
              Blue out the Whit!
              Definitely. Its Blue out the Whit Night!

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                Definitely. Its Blue out the Whit Night!
                Is this saved for the BU game every season? It seems like the last three or four seasons, there's been a Blue Out the Whit for the BU game there. And frankly, it's pretty much failed every time from what I saw. The white outs seem to be much more successful.
                time to write new history

Comment

anybody else feel like these two games are BU's to lose? Especially after the impressive 3rd period comeback last saturday

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                    Is this saved for the BU game every season? It seems like the last three or four seasons, there's been a Blue Out the Whit for the BU game there. And frankly, it's pretty much failed every time from what I saw. The white outs seem to be much more successful.
                    Yep. It started a few years back, when the two teams fared better in the other's building. Marketing ran with that. Supposedly, the game at the whitt was supposed to feel/look like a road game for UNH. Instead, it looks like the stands are empty (the dark blue does not stand out). Of course, that's if/when anyone actually follows through. White-outs are better, because the white stands out, and looks like there are more people than there really are.
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
                      anybody else feel like these two games are BU's to lose? Especially after the impressive 3rd period comeback last saturday
                      not this guy
                      Should DiGirolamo continue playing well, BU will have to fight for that!

Despite the higher spot in the polls, I sincerely think these are UNH's games to lose.
                      Neither make any sense. They're both playing very good (not perfect) hockey, UNH has played a much tougher schedule to start the season for the most part, and if history tells us anything, it will be two entertaining games and a close series

Comment

hey, i'm not going saturday night. anyone wants to use my tickets i'll fwd via email.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                          Another option is to take 101 from the Hampton tolls and get off at 108. The speed limit is obviously slower through Stratham and Newmarket, but it takes about the same amount of time. You can also go one exit futher on 101 and go through Newfields to catch 108 in Newmarket.
                          Another option, to stick the highways (Route 108 drives me crazy, people in NH think the fastest way to heaven is by going 5mph under the limit)...

Take I-95 to the Spaulding (Rte 16). If traffic is backed up at the circle, deal with it until Exit 1 (there's a lane drop right here, and it's usually after the exit that traffic starts). Right off the ramp, to the lights with Woodbury Ave; turn left. Across from the Main Entrance to the mall is "Shattuck Way" at a set of lights; turn RIGHT. Follow this road (there are lots of side roads, keep going). It'll connect you with Rte 16 right at the bridge, which is where traffic starts to break free.

UNH buses use this detour daily to stay on schedule. It'll save you 5 - 20 minutes EASILY. Just, watch for cops on River Road.

They're going to rebuild that bridge. Four lanes, from the traffic circle up . . . and there'll still be traffic, because it's supposed to drop from four lanes to three right after you cross the bridge. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
                          I haven't been on here in a year...
                          Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                            Another option, to stick the highways (Route 108 drives me crazy, people in NH think the fastest way to heaven is by going 5mph under the limit)...
                            I agree, that frustrates me as well, but in my experience it's no slower (if not slightly faster) than if I continue up 95 to 16 when there is NO traffic at the Sullivan.

I too have made use of the back road to bypass the bridge traffic.

and there'll still be traffic,
                            I think part of the problem on the Sullivan is that people get skittish going over the bridge. It's almost like they get spooked because they don't have a large breakdown lane and slow down for no reason. Then as they come off the bridge and the road begins to widen, they speed up and suddenly everybody is doing 60 again.
                            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Thank God this game is tonight so we can stop talkin' traffic and start talkin' hockey.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                                Wrong bridge.
                                There's 2 General Sullivan bridges ??? He musta been a helluva general (more traffic talk, less hawkey talkey)
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X