PDA

View Full Version : Lace 'Em Up - Maine at BC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

sterlippo1
11-20-2010, 05:30 AM
i used to work in newton centre.... there's an indian place right across the street from the t station that we used to go to for lunch all the time... and of course, union street (surprisingly on union street ;) )is there as well which isn't bad...

i tried Tartufo last nite, it's on union street also...............if you like Italian, this place was terrific. they KNOW what they are doing

acs64
11-20-2010, 06:22 AM
I wud of rather had my eyes gouged out than watch that game. Yet another futile Conte attempt....geeezus timmay it wuz a gd throw away game before the puck wuz even dropped....has history taught you nothing? Sully ought to be real confident for Sunday....oh wait, maybe throw cold Sirman out there Sunday and destroy what confidence he might have....sure then throw Ouellette out there for meaningless mop up duty. Yeah, thats the ticket.....nuke the entire goaltending corps in one weekend.

I'm a Muse fan after last night. Kid knows how to get it down when it really counts. Obviously Maine has a lot of weaknesses....#3 in the coutnry? Not by a long shot. Grats to BC .....knew what needed to be done and went out and did it.

blackbearsfan45
11-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Thank you John Muse. He was absolutely flawless tonight.
Maine didn't look great tonight, but they did have some great chances and could have been leading after one, after two, and won that game if not for Muse. I am in awe of his performance tonight.

I listened to the game on the computer, but it sure sounded like Muse brought his A game!!

sterlippo1
11-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Understatement.

TIMMAY.......owned again! York>>>>>>>>Whitehead.

you mean "Saint York"? :cool: on another note and not that this is a surprise but Maine fans are with out question the best in HE and there isnt a second place, IMO. the turnout last night by you guys was phenomenal . i sat right next to your student section and y'all should be mighty proud of them :D

Priceless
11-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Understatement.

What coaches are Jerry's equal?

Moose98
11-20-2010, 11:33 AM
you mean "Saint York"? :cool: on another note and not that this is a surprise but Maine fans are with out question the best in HE and there isnt a second place, IMO. the turnout last night by you guys was phenomenal . i sat right next to your student section and y'all should be mighty proud of them :D

cept for the guy in our section who wanted to start a fight with us because a certain EA poster yelled at diamond asking him if he'd been arrested lately :D

sterlippo1
11-20-2010, 12:58 PM
cept for the guy in our section who wanted to start a fight with us because a certain EA poster yelled at diamond asking him if he'd been arrested lately :D

well?..............:confused:;)

bearsFan93
11-20-2010, 01:49 PM
What coaches are Jerry's equal?

Dean Blais

Priceless
11-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Dean Blais

******** width="480" height="385">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6yMj0JGLWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6yMj0JGLWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RATIBB
11-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Understatement.

The only thing that was "owned" last night, was the command of the game by Muse. Not much TIMMAY can do about that. Muse was outstanding. Thank you for the ticket Jack...wish I could have made the dinner!

Carmine Scarpaglia
11-20-2010, 08:25 PM

I hope that guy comes back tomorrow. For once SteveF wasn't the subject of someone's rink rage.

carltonbarrett
11-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Gotta like BC's chances tomorrow at home with Maine missing two of it's top defensemen and with Muse playing at such a high level. A BC win would likely put them back in the top 5.

J.D.
11-21-2010, 01:06 AM
I fully realize that every student section has its village idiot(s), but what I heard when Dimmen was down was disgusting and quite frankly embarrassing. I was embarrassed for anyone who heard what one dope was yelling. Someone always has to be the tough guy/comedian...

sterlippo1
11-21-2010, 09:47 AM
wonder what kind of crowd there will be today..............more kids than normal probably. hoping for a good turnout though. plenty of time to get back for pats game

carltonbarrett
11-21-2010, 10:18 AM
I fully realize that every student section has its village idiot(s), but what I heard when Dimmen was down was disgusting and quite frankly embarrassing. I was embarrassed for anyone who heard what one dope was yelling. Someone always has to be the tough guy/comedian...

That's totally unacceptable and wouldn't mind if they tossed people from games if they were caught doing that. Was at a BU/BC game several years ago at Agganis where a BC kid got nailed into the boards and was flat on his face and being attended to when this older, well to do looking man started screaming for him to get up and stop faking it. To this day I'm mad at myself for not telling the guy to go screw.

acs64
11-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Time to close out this thread...

Impressions from the game >> mostly horsechit :) Nah, BC played well enuf to win game 2, even outchanced as they were. Something about Conte, Maine just doesnt seem to get any puck luck at all...BC gets most of it as it seems.

Territorally, I couldnt see where either team really dominated. Muse is in a zone right now and it makes the difference. BC's goals as I remember were the empty netter, a great high backhand over Sullivans shoulder he cant be faulted for, a gratuitous bounce of Sullys pads then off a BC shin pads into the net...and I dont remember the 4th.

After watching him again carefully, Sullivans a good goalie, just young. Technically, he will be a great one at Maine before his career is over, write it down, and put it in my quotes. :D

As far as all the discussion about Diamond.....hahahahahaha....there isnt one team in HE that wouldnt love to have this kid. He's a force in front of the opposiing goalie able to do things with the puck in a scrum like no other player I remember seeing able to do in 25 years of watching this stupid sport. Love him if hes on your team....otherwise hes a constant irritant out there.:) If hes not a second team all HE this season, shoot the judges.:)

In other newz, Scarlet was correct about Esperias....we made it there Saturday night....mrs acs had a lamb dish, and I had something that started with a g and had about 15 letters in it...lol...and both were delic....topped off with some baklava, another long lettered dessert and coffee....and we were good to go. Thanks Scarlet..

Last but not least, contrary to popular rumors, fivehole12 and profromdover are not dead....close to it, but clearly they have life left. :D Good guys, a bit confused in who their affiliation should be with, but theres time to work on them. Thanks again fivehole for the tix....wish we had had a better day of it, but lost weekends happen from time to time.....besides, puck luck is a a temporary thing.;)

Always great to get home....I can breathe again. :D

acs64
11-21-2010, 07:22 PM
My very bad memory here....I did figure a coupla things out while in Beantown....firstly, BC's campus is, in fact, a federal petentiary, fenced in as it is with all those stone block buildings...however, not to dismay, I also determined that the 80 year old ladies, fortunate enough to escape, spend their time jogging around the perimeter of the compound in spandex. :D A truly gruesome visual, trust me. :D

Scarlet
11-21-2010, 07:29 PM
In other newz, Scarlet was correct about Esperias....we made it there Saturday night....mrs acs had a lamb dish, and I had something that started with a g and had about 15 letters in it...lol...and both were delic....topped off with some baklava, another long lettered dessert and coffee....and we were good to go. Thanks Scarlet..

Oh good, you went. Glad you liked it! Was the long lettered dessert galatobouriko? It's the custard in the filo dough, with the syrup. It's pretty good there.

acs64
11-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Oh good, you went. Glad you liked it! Was the long lettered dessert galatobouriko? It's the custard in the filo dough, with the syrup. It's pretty good there.

Yes, I believe it was. The waiter said it so easily....my wife...not so.:D

FiveHole12
11-21-2010, 07:50 PM
BC's goals as I remember were the empty netter, a great high backhand over Sullivans shoulder he cant be faulted for, a gratuitous bounce of Sullys pads then off a BC shin pads into the net...and I dont remember the 4th.
I remember the 4th... that's when you caved in and vowed your allegiance to Jerry York and BC Hockey.
I WAS SHOCKED! :eek:

Not worries though. I won't tell anyone. :D

Great meeting you and the missus. Now that you're a convert, maybe we can do that again. :)