PDA

View Full Version : Lace 'Em Up - Maine at BC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Maineiak
11-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Any recommendations for dinner/beer before the game?

You'll need boat loads of beer to help ease the pain of the smack-down BC is going to put on Maine this weekend.

sterlippo1
11-16-2010, 08:20 AM
You'll need boat loads of beer to help ease the pain of the smack-down BC is going to put on Maine this weekend.

blowin smoke :D

Maineiak
11-16-2010, 10:11 AM
blowin smoke :D

The only smoke will be coming off the pucks as they burn by our 3 goalies that we have in net all at the same time.

UMZero
11-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Da bearz will be lucky to get a single goal this weekend. They are planning on bring down TWO Cyr buses (busses???), one equiped with cots for triage / meatball surgery on the long painful ride back up to the North Country. I think half the team is going to miss this trip since it's deer season - that's why there's a game on Sunday so more of the boys can make it (No hunting in Maine on Sundays). I was going to go to the game on Friday since Chestnut Hill is so close but since Maine is going to get completely thrashed, I guess I'll stay home and watch Donny Osmond on Dancing with the Stars on my betamax. :rolleyes:

theprofromdover
11-16-2010, 12:21 PM
And more

You coming down?

walrus
11-16-2010, 01:42 PM
You coming down?

Check your USCHO Email, I replied. No is the answer, I wish I was coming for Sundays game? Got 3 tickets? :D

theprofromdover
11-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Check your USCHO Email, I replied. No is the answer, I wish I was coming for Sundays game? Got 3 tickets? :D

Your reply never came through. I have one extra.

walrus
11-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Should be a great series, but I have work to do as I have a house full for thanksgiving. Wish I was going, only been to Conte once would like to go again

RATIBB
11-17-2010, 10:15 AM
You live!!!!!! I'm mailing out the Maine sweater today to Sam.

Jersey arrived yesterday! Sam was ecstactic...took it to school today for show & tell.

UMZero
11-17-2010, 11:07 AM
So who IS going to be there for Maine? Myself and Maine~iak07 will be there Friday Night.

Erix_The_Red
11-17-2010, 01:17 PM
I'll be there with a WIT fan. Let's see how he likes D-I hockey.

Priceless
11-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Someone at the ticket office must be smoking something awesome if they think I'm going to shell out $30 to sit in a nosebleed seat.

Sweeper
11-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Maine's two first lines are so scrambled they can't even remember who's out there with them. Sullivan falls down unprovoked right before teams shoot the puck. Our best point man and pp QB is out injured. Nyquist can't put the puck in the net. BC should expect an easy weekend sweep no problem.

I hope this is sarcasm, first 2 lines have been the same for 6 games now?? Best point man is out (close with Dimmen) qb for the pp isnt injured, Abbott hasn't missed a game. Nyquist is doing just fine, he had a ton more apples last year, no difference this year!

J.D.
11-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Someone at the ticket office must be smoking something awesome if they think I'm going to shell out $30 to sit in a nosebleed seat.

Good, just another ticket for a BC fan ;)

I do agree that $30 is too much, but I actually prefer to sit up top.

TripleE
11-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Maine's two first lines are so scrambled they can't even remember who's out there with them. Sullivan falls down unprovoked right before teams shoot the puck. Our best point man and pp QB is out injured. Nyquist can't put the puck in the net. BC should expect an easy weekend sweep no problem.

The only difference in Maine's top two lines is that Spencer Abbott and Brian Flynn swapped spots. The 1st weekend that move was made, Flynn was conference player of the week! Abbott went on to be conference player of the month! Flynn's linemate, Joey Diamond was named conference player of the week this past week!

Why do you make it sound like those lines are in any sort of disarray?

gscott13
11-17-2010, 11:39 PM
The only difference in Maine's top two lines is that Spencer Abbott and Brian Flynn swapped spots. The 1st weekend that move was made, Flynn was conference player of the week! Abbott went on to be conference player of the month! Flynn's linemate, Joey Diamond was named conference player of the week this past week!

Why do you make it sound like those lines are in any sort of disarray?

it's called sarcasm... read back and it will become abundantly clear that this thread has been nothing more than sarcasm and sandbagging...

Priceless
11-18-2010, 12:00 AM
it's called sarcasm... read back and it will become abundantly clear that this thread has been nothing more than sarcasm and sandbagging...

Sandbagging? In a Maine-BC thread? Shirley you jest.

TripleE
11-18-2010, 04:37 AM

OK! That makes me feel better! :)

Maineiak
11-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Sandbagging? In a Maine-BC thread? Shirley you jest.

Who's Shirley and why does she jest? :D

Prediction: Maine gets over-excited about seeing a D1 powerhouse football team like BC play, gets distracted and gets smoked on the ice Friday and Sunday.

TonyTheTiger20
11-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Who's Shirley and why does she jest? :D
I'm always surprised at how many people don't get this reference...

Prediction: Maine gets over-excited about seeing a D1 powerhouse football team like BC play, gets distracted and gets smoked on the ice Friday and Sunday.
...but you get a pass because this was quite funny :D