Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to the College Hockey Travel Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to the College Hockey Travel Guide?

Did this site go under? I'm going to drag a friend from NYC to go to the Lowell-Princeton game on 12/10. If the site doesn't exist, any suggestions on brews or food before the show would be more than appreciated. We'll be taking NJ Transit into town to slum it, so I appreciate any advice.

I'll be representing the CCHA for sure.
    CCHA 4 LIFE

Re: Whatever happened to the College Hockey Travel Guide?

I was wondering the same thing and thought about starting a thread.

I used chtg.net a few times to get an idea of where the visitor seats were, where to stay and some suggested eating in the city I was going to. I tried to use it to do some research for a possible trip to Omaha and the site is gone. Sad to see it go!

Comment

I just noticed it last month. I don't think the owner posts here anymore, so he must've let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
        Did this site go under? I'm going to drag a friend from NYC to go to the Lowell-Princeton game on 12/10. If the site doesn't exist, any suggestions on brews or food before the show would be more than appreciated. We'll be taking NJ Transit into town to slum it, so I appreciate any advice.

I'll be representing the CCHA for sure.
        The site rpihockey.net should have some information on Princeton. http://rpihockey.net/travel/princeton.shtml

Comment

Thanks for the help, FlagDude. Looking forward to this. Haven't seen a college hockey game since the 07-08 season since I was in CCHA-ville. I miss it like a junkie misses smack.
          CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

****, I'm sad to see the site gone. I started planning a trip to catch UNH at Vermont in February and was going to start with CHTG.com

Comment

Looks like someone will have to ask in the game thread. Or perhaps a separate thread exclusively for that.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

NJ Transit will get you into Princeton Junction but then you'll have to take a smaller train (one car or something) into "downtown" Princeton. From there, everything is walkable. (But maybe you knew this part already.)

I haven't been to Princeton a lot as an adult so I can't give much advice on bars, but if Hoagie Haven is still around I'd recommend stopping there for some sandwiches.

Comment

http://web.archive.org/web/200803131.../www.chtg.net/
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

I hadn't even thought about that. Good call.

Comment

The links to the individual pages don't seem to work.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The links on the left side of the page are missing, but the 53 arena pages are still accessible. In case anyone wants to grab them to pick up the project and run with it...
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Resurrecting this thread to definitively answer the question. The site was founded in the 2001 timeframe by USCHO posters Eric and Gibber. Around 2004 I coded a completely custom website that was probably the CHTG you guys remember. In approximately 2010 we decided to retire it as the information it provided was difficult to maintain with precision. CHTG was also increasingly irrelevant in the face of Google, TripAdvisor, etc. It just wasn't worth the time to keep it up.
                          Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I just made this: http://collegehockeytravel.wikia.com/ Knock yourselves out.
                            scsuhockey.com
                            CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Working...
                            X