Frosh 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frosh 2010

I am a new fan of Div.1 Womens Hockey but Hockey fan from awaaaay back.My GDaughter went thru the recruiting process last year and is now enrolled and playing at a Div.1 school.Needless to say I am very pleased with how things have progressed so far.In fact, this is an understatement. What with the returning Olympians ,being freshman and generally worrying about acceptance, amount of ice time etc.,I am ecstatic about how she is doing.As well, I have been extremely impressed with the number of freshmen that are making solid contributions to all their teams.I recognise a lot of their names but am sure there are many that I don't.How about a thread to hilite freshmen on your team as we are roughly a third of the way thru the season.

Re: Frosh 2010

Originally posted by froshgramp'10 View Post
    I am a new fan of Div.1 Womens Hockey but Hockey fan from awaaaay back.My GDaughter went thru the recruiting process last year and is now enrolled and playing at a Div.1 school.Needless to say I am very pleased with how things have progressed so far.In fact, this is an understatement. What with the returning Olympians ,being freshman and generally worrying about acceptance, amount of ice time etc.,I am ecstatic about how she is doing.As well, I have been extremely impressed with the number of freshmen that are making solid contributions to all their teams.I recognise a lot of their names but am sure there are many that I don't.How about a thread to hilite freshmen on your team as we are roughly a third of the way thru the season.
    Not a bad idea. Familiar with many of the current freshmen myself.

I'd say in the early going Ms Babstock from the Aeros now with Quinnipiac is an early standout.
    The other one would be Ms Campbell from BC Pursuit, now with Cornell.

(Ms Jenner and Ms Poulin are also Freshmen, but in my eyes they are really Sophs. My focus is on the '92 born Freshman when doing the comparisons)

Comment

Corrine Buie is off to a great start at Providence

Comment

Watch for Taylor Gross, UConn. She'll have a strong season and an excellent career, and will most likely do it in an understated way.
        There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

Minnesota's freshmen are having a big impact to start the season. Three of the top four scorers are freshmen: Kelly Terry, Amanda Kessel and Sarah Davis. While no team wants to rely too heavily on its first year players, it's great to see these three being able to make the adjustment to D1 play so quickly.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Interesting to hear . I assume it is a tad more difficult to make the adjustment as a goalie or defenseman,altho, like most, I tend to look at only the goals and assists to see who is playing well.Who is on the PP or Pk is a very strong indication and that would include the D.Lets hear from others.

Comment

Working...
            X