Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The No-directional, No-surname, No-body-of-water State weeknd - tOSU - tMSU 11/12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The No-directional, No-surname, No-body-of-water State weeknd - tOSU - tMSU 11/12-13

Weird. Last year I was able to catch the Friday home game vs. Ohio State, then spent the following day with the inlaws out of town only to get the bad news about the score the following morning.

This season? Another Saturday visit to the inlaws when the Buckeyes come calling. If it's the same result, I may become superstitious.

Enough about me - anybody else have some obsessive-compulsive activities in store for this coming weekend's series? Or maybe even thoughts on how MSU/OSU match up?

Re: The No-directional, No-surname, No-body-of-water State weeknd - tOSU - tMSU 11/12

Well, if (recent) past performance against a common opponent is any guide, OSU could give Sparty a run for their money. Or not. UAH seemed to get under MSU's skin and came away with a 2-1 loss and a 4-4 tie. OSU spanked UAH both games this past weekend. BUT, OSU has been extremely inconsistent offensively, and while they have done OK on defence in general, they have suffered brain farts that lead to short-handed goals, 2 on 0s, etc. I will take the coward's way out and predict: Sparty takes Friday 3-2 and OSU wins Sat 4-2. Or not.
    Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Re: The No-directional, No-surname, No-body-of-water State weeknd - tOSU - tMSU 11/12

I'm with Arpod on this one ... gonna take the easy way out and say split. I'm not sure about the scores. I'll say Michigan State takes Friday's game 3-1 and the Buckeyes come back and win 3-2 Saturday. This should be a good series for us to learn what we still need to work on, going into Munn Ice Arena against a very good Michigan State team.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        I'm with Arpod on this one ... gonna take the easy way out and say split. I'm not sure about the scores. I'll say Michigan State takes Friday's game 3-1 and the Buckeyes come back and win 3-2 Saturday. This should be a good series for us to learn what we still need to work on, going into Munn Ice Arena against a very good Michigan State team.
        You're very kind. The last time MSU was very good was the year before That Championship Season, where people expected them to do things like win conference tournaments, challenge for a Frozen Four spot, etc. Now if State can take what they learned in Kalamazoo and apply it against Ohio State - say with a sweep, I think we can be on our way to Very Good again. I am also looking at a split. I can't see Ohio State sweeping, unless a key player gets DQ'd for Saturday or gets injured.

Comment

IMO this is a very important weekend for both teams for different reasons. For MSU having just been swept by Western on the road they are in need of a bounce back weekend and going home is the perfect solution. For OSU i think its important because they want to take that next step as a program and build on last weekends sweep of UAH and beating a very good opponent on the road is just the way to get that done. Ohio state has split 3 of the last 4 series up at Munn i believe and have won the 2nd night in each weekend. I to like a split with ohio state winning on Saturday night.

Comment

Love the thread title....hillarious !
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Should've seen me try to cram it under the character limit!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Love the thread title....hillarious !
                Don't encourage him!

Just kidding... creativity makes it fun...
                "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Well aren't we all just pleasant and cordial this week. What's in that mineral water we're sipping with pinky extended? I suppose we should just all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    You're very kind. The last time MSU was very good was the year before That Championship Season, where people expected them to do things like win conference tournaments, challenge for a Frozen Four spot, etc. Now if State can take what they learned in Kalamazoo and apply it against Ohio State - say with a sweep, I think we can be on our way to Very Good again. I am also looking at a split. I can't see Ohio State sweeping, unless a key player gets DQ'd for Saturday or gets injured.
                    With our program planted firmly in rebuilding mode, I will undoubtedly describe many of our opponents as being 'very good' (LOL)! I did notice that Michigan State is ranked 16th in the latest poll, not too shabby. I will be very happy with a split this weekend if it happens. Just curious, is it still really hard to get a ticket to an MSU hockey game? I had heard for years that all the games were sold out and that it was next to impossible to get tickets. I will not be up this weekend for games, but getting to an OSU-MSU game at Munn Ice Arena is definitely on my bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      Just curious, is it still really hard to get a ticket to an MSU hockey game? I had heard for years that all the games were sold out and that it was next to impossible to get tickets. I will not be up this weekend for games, but getting to an OSU-MSU game at Munn Ice Arena is definitely on my bucket list.
                      That's no longer true. You can pretty much get tickets for any game now with the possible exception of when Michigan is in town.

Comment

Yes, gone are the days where SRO was the only seat available.

Comment

Wooo! Another weekend to be spent at Munn. I think that we badly need a sweep after last week and will not be satisfied if we do not do so. Nevertheless, i think one of these games goes to a shootout, which we will lose, obviously.

2-2 shootout loss tonight.

2-1 win tomorrow night.

Grant scores this weekend! It will finally happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X