X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC v. UVM at the Gutt...flame on

*****http://www.thevancouverite.com/pictures/lion-vs-eagle.jpg******
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Re: BC v. UVM at the Gutt...flame on

Nothing against UVM but I see a peeved off BC team getting back on track here, with a vengeance

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      Can't see the picture at work but I can see this one:

*****http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_434000/FF_434859_xl.jpg******

Comment

After seeing both BC and UVM in person last week BC has nothing to worry about.

Comment

Some see Vermont and go, "wow, they are winless, they are terrible and BC should be ashamed if they don't go in there and sweep." And I would agree with them completely.

Yet I get the feeling they won't.

And the others will say after the weekend in a whiny voice, "the gutt is such a tough place to play, cross is still out, we have targets on our backs, we are everyone's superbowl, yada yada yada, etc". And I hope those people kill themselves.

At minimum, I want to see a good effort like BC had on Friday vs. UNH. But I'd like to see some results - they shouldn't need good luck to win games and while some might get annoyed with reading that it is the truth and anyone with a level-head would agree. Take care of freaking business this weekend, stay out of the box, do the little things and bring some hustle.

And how about not looking like they're seeing the trap for the first time ever? Every time we play Umass and UVM, the coaches and players act like these teams just invented the trap in the locker room before the game. That would go a long way in showing me they actually do care about hockey in November (do they?).
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

jcarter, Bove's......... thumbs up or down?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              jcarter, Bove's......... thumbs up or down?

Bove's has really great food but too much garlic for me. Has to be a once in a while thing. Windjammer...pricey but great and much closer. Boves is very good italian food, but I really prefer a chunk of beef.

Comment

I can't see how BC can't win this weekend, that said for the pick'ums I went with a BC win and a tie.

Reasons BC wins :

1.) UVM played terrible last weekend
                2.) UVM can't play with a lead and frankly can't play when their behind either
                3.) BC wants redemption after losing to the hillbillies

Reason's UVM wins

1.) UVM played terrible last weekend. NO doubt Sneddon takes it out on them this weekend.
                2.) UVM has played well against BC at the Gutt in recent years.
                3.) UVM plays to the level of their opponents.... see #1.)

Comment

That's good. We'll likely get hammered this weekend, but that's still funny.

Comment

I can't see how BC can't win this weekend, that said for the pick'ums I went with a BC win and a tie.

Reasons BC wins :

1.) UVM played terrible last weekend
                    2.) UVM can't play with a lead and frankly can't play when their behind either
                    3.) BC wants redemption after losing to the hillbillies

Reason's UVM wins

1.) UVM played terrible last weekend. NO doubt Sneddon takes it out on them this weekend.
                    2.) UVM has played well against BC at the Gutt in recent years.
                    3.) UVM plays to the level of their opponents.... see #1.)
                    You forgot...
                    BC shoots puck into Madore's chest
                    or
                    Madore stands on head.

BC will get their 30+ SOG... will eough of them find the back of the net?
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Oh, and... still waiting for Kreider to dip his shoulder and go to the net. Keeps taking those lame wristers from way far away.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Oh, and... still waiting for Kreider to dip his shoulder and go to the net. Keeps taking those lame wristers from way far away.
                        First thing I thought of when he scored that laser Tuesday.

Comment

Bove's has really great food but too much garlic for me. Has to be a once in a while thing. Windjammer...pricey but great and much closer. Boves is very good italian food, but I really prefer a chunk of beef.
                          thanks, me too ( agree also garlic overkill) but am there both nights and saw Bove's on TV so may do both.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            First thing I thought of when he scored that laser Tuesday.
                            Me too.
                            But I forgot to slam him before Fridays' game like I said I would... my bad.

I'll be in VT for both games. Any other Eagle fans heading up?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Me too.
                              But I forgot to slam him before Fridays' game like I said I would... my bad.

I'll be in VT for both games. Any other Eagle fans heading up?
                              yup, first time up at UVM for me

Comment

Working...
                              X