X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC v. UVM at the Gutt...flame on

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
    As much as they need it - I can't see UVM winning either of these BC games

So far the D has been pretty poor, the forwards have not developed any chemistry, the freshmen have not put up the performances I had hoped, as a team they tend to choke at crunch time

I really thought the D would be better but I think we are discovering that these guys just are not up to the task

Having said that it's a young club outside of three senior D and I think the future D recruits are going to be quicker and overall bring a stronger game so the future remains bright if you can see beyond this season that seems primed to be mediocre in a best case scenario
    That's one of the more realistic assessments by a Cats fan that I've seen. Hopefully they can get their act together and take 2 points, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by BCHF View Post
      That's all you got?

Is that as good as it gets?

I was hoping for a little more...
      When it comes to UVM hockey, set low expectations for their fans and team and you won't be as disappointed.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
        I saw that one of the games this weekend is televised on Vermont TV. Any chance of seeing that in the Boston area?
        Doubtful, it's over the air HD. It is on Comcast 168 here, but I doubt that is outside of the local area.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by BCHF View Post
          That's all you got?

Is that as good as it gets?

I was hoping for a little more...

Yes

Yes

You should have put a little more effort into your post and focused on substance as opposed to how many words you could use without saying much of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            Yes

Yes

You should have put a little more effort into your post and focused on substance as opposed to how many words you could use without saying much of anything.
            i thought his post was well written ,factual and insightful , you just had issues with the "instill fear" line and also it sure looked to me that he did some homework on it

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              i thought his post was well written ,factual and insightful , you just had issues with the "instill fear" line and also it sure looked to me that he did some homework on it
              He did throw in a lot of stats, but till quite verbose. That said, there are no place for stats in the thread.

Comment

there are no place for stats in the thread.
                hahahahhahaha! good one!....nice menu at windjammer , btw. i think i'll try that out first. bove's i may pass on, i can get that anytime

Comment

hahahahhahaha! good one!....nice menu at windjammer , btw. i think i'll try that out first. bove's i may pass on, i can get that anytime
                  I am more of a meat guy, but they have a huge salad bar. Top notch.

Comment

I am more of a meat guy, but they have a huge salad bar. Top notch.
                    which one has the great salad bar?

Comment

which one has the great salad bar?
                      windjammer.

Comment

BC rolls.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          When it comes to UVM hockey, set low expectations for their fans and team and you won't be as disappointed.
                          they are very close to seeing a great post-thanksgiving match-up of their 0-6-3 team hosting a 1-9-2 husky squad..

go figure.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Don't know what to make of it but BC has given football season ticket holders the chance to get $5 tickets to both the Vermont game 11/28 and the Providence game 1/08 along with 3 early Basketball games St. Francis, Yale and Holy Cross.
                            Was wondering what Sky Burgers on lower Church Street is like? It seems to be new to Burlington.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                              Don't know what to make of it but BC has given football season ticket holders the chance to get $5 tickets to both the Vermont game 11/28 and the Providence game 1/08 along with 3 early Basketball games St. Francis, Yale and Holy Cross.
                              Was wondering what Sky Burgers on lower Church Street is like? It seems to be new to Burlington.
                              UVM lets football season ticket holders in for free to all games...provided you pay an upfront fixed fee of $400.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                                are they actually trying to increase attendance? geez, what a novel idea............i'll let you know about sky burger

Comment

Working...
                                X