Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy Cronin vists Timid Timmy Nov 12 and 13 How many more Maine injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Cronin vists Timid Timmy Nov 12 and 13 How many more Maine injuries?

Will the Black Bears overlook Northeastern like they did UConn?

Will Crazy Greg release the hounds and try and put the rest of the Black Bears out of commission
    House
    O'Neill
    Diamond
    Andersson
    Ouelette

Will Maine make Rawlings look like another All-American goalie?

Will Cronin exlpain how you lose to Bentley, Niagra and Holy Cross and Tie UNH in the same season?

Will a Corkum laser get tipped and hit walrus before he can get out of the way?
    Will we finally get to see O'Connor hip checking his way into the hearts of the Maine faithful?

Re: Crazy Cronin vists Timid Timmy Nov 12 and 13 How many more Maine injuries?

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    Will the Black Bears overlook Northeastern like they did UConn?

Will Crazy Greg release the hounds and try and put the rest of the Black Bears out of commission
    House
    O'Neill
    Diamond
    Andersson
    Ouelette
    Amestoy

Will Maine make Rawlings look like another All-American goalie?

Will Cronin exlpain how you lose to Bentley, Niagra and Holy Cross and Tie UNH in the same season?

Will we finally get to see O'Connor hip checking his way into the hearts of the Maine faithful?
    fyp.

Comment

Are all those players known as out, or just assumed considering their injuries?

Northeastern has J. Daniels, Vrolyk, and Tuckerman out, and we can't score anyway. Should be an interesting set of games, though I'm not looking forward to getting shelled by Maine in both games.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

?
        Corkie doesn't want to be sending any pucks my way, I'd jump the boards and pummel him(if I was 20 or 30 years younger ).
        Love to see Kelen get a start in Orono
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Northeastern will try.. but Maine is the better team. That's the long & short of it this year.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Dont know much about Northeastern this year, but they're currently a wounded dawg after the last coupla weekends. I would not underestimate how dangerous they can be with this kind of motivation, especially with Cronin at the helm. Didnt they tie UHN and give BC a run for their money recently? Cronin will have plenty of reasons to motivate them this weekend. I hope the Bears do not believe this will be any sort of a cakewalk, because it wont be.
            Last edited by acs64; 11-07-2010, 08:26 PM.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
              Are all those players known as out, or just assumed considering their injuries?.
              Regardless...I would sit ALL of them this weekend. Give some freshman a chance at a strong effort at home, while we don't push our luck and let the injury bug nip us worse down the road. Not looking past NU, but any and all who can be healthy for BC, I want them to be.

If that entire list continues to stand....

Abbott/Leidermarrk/Nyquist (give 'em more than one game together and see if anything happens)
              Flynn/Dee/Beattie
              Shemansky/Mangene/Anthoine
              Cornell/Corkum/Swavely

And in any combo you see fit, skate Dimmen, Banwell, Van Dyk, Hegarty, Nemec and O'Connor

Give Sirman and Sullivan split duties

I mean, I'm OK with that lineup above for these games and seeing as we're missing
              -Our team captain/top line center
              -Our 2nd most dynamic scorer
              -Our best penalty killer
              -A top pairing defenseman

To be without all of that, but not feel too much panic is a good sign!

Let's showcase some depth, boys! This is O'Connor, Swaveley and Corkums chance to earn more time...you know they need to bring it.
              Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

I wouldn't keep those lines, I didn't think Leidermark meshed well, they need a banger like Tanner in between Abbs and Gus. I would prolly move Dee or Flynn up.

I didnt think Corkum looked good at all, so maybe give Amestoy a shot?

Comment

Watch #92/Amstoy...he will score and mix it up as well this weekend vs NU

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
                    I wouldn't keep those lines, I didn't think Leidermark meshed well, they need a banger like Tanner in between Abbs and Gus. I would prolly move Dee or Flynn up.

I didnt think Corkum looked good at all, so maybe give Amestoy a shot?
                    We're you at the game? Corkum looked very good to me, delivered hits (one ill advised) and got to the net front. This kid can play and this is after a very long layoff! Just want him to stay healthy. Imagine with Diamond out we will likely see both Carlos and Kelen this weekend! That is not a bad thing.

Comment

I am so hoping.. (as a Husky fan), that NU can find its rhythm & skate like we did in our gms against BC & UNH... regardless of final score. BTW, the title of this thread should read 'Timid Cronin visits Crazy Timmay'..because that's what we have going into this wknd.. .
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

...these games have the potential to be VERY ugly. That being said, can't wait to tick the Alfond off of the arena list.
                        Arenas Attended
                        Matthews Arena
                        Agganis Arena
                        Tsongas Arena
                        Lawler Arena
                        Schneider Arena
                        Mullins Center
                        TD Banknorth Garden
                        Conte Forum
                        Whittemore Center
                        Gutterson Fieldhouse
                        Alfond Arena
                        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

So with so many injuries what do people think the lines will look like. Here's what I'd like to see:

Abbott/Dee/Nyquist
                          Flynn/Mangene/Anthoine
                          Shemansky/Corkum/Beattie
                          Andersson/Leidermark/Amestoy

Dimmen and Van Dyke
                          Nemec and Cornell
                          Banwell and O'Connor
                          New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            BTW, the title of this thread should read 'Timid Cronin visits Crazy Timmay'..because that's what we have going into this wknd.. .
                            Crazy Timmay?! AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                              ...these games have the potential to be VERY ugly. That being said, can't wait to tick the Alfond off of the arena list.
                              You're going to love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X