New Poll Predictions for 11/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll Predictions for 11/8

This poll could be absolutely insane given the amount of upsets and losses everyone has already.

Here's my stab at it..Keep in mind these are my predictions and not how I would have voted. Personally I feel Stevens Point should be the #1 team out west right now given what they have done in their last four games but it won't happen that way I'm sure.

1.Norwich
    2.Oswego
    3.St. Norbert
    4.Middlebury
    5.Manhattanville
    6.Bowdoin
    7.Stevens Point
    8.Hamline
    9.Gustavus Adolphus
    10.Plattsburgh
    11.Elmira
    12.Williams
    13.Amherst
    14.Marian
    15.Adrian

If Geneseo beat Morrisville they'd be #7 in this poll. Since they lost, they are a borderline team now. I left them out but they could very well be in. River Falls and St, Scholastica will probably both still be in. At least one will be.

After the top two this is an absolute gong show.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 11/8

The West is a trainwreck. Hamline beats St. Norbert, Point beat Hamline but lost to Lawrence. Adrian goes down. Gustavus and St. Thomas have lost - UST twice. Scholastica has two losses and St. Olaf fell to St. Mary's tonight after taking it to UST last night. Falls has two losses and a tie. Marian had a few votes but was run out of the barn on Friday. Eau Claire hammered Lawrence and beat Gustavus but lost tonight. Superior is quietly 3-1 with the loss being at Falls, where it also won, and Augsburg is 2-1-1.

Yessiree, might as well just throw them all into a Tiger Juicer right now and see what oozes out.

Some of it should get sorted out next week as Point hosts SNC twice with a chance to prove if it's for real, while Gustavus and Olaf get to hammer away on each other for two. Superior v Marian should be interesting and all of a sudden Augsburg deserves a serious look if say it takes at least three points from UST.

Fun abounds.
    Last edited by XYZ; 11-07-2010, 01:23 AM.
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Further fodder: The bottom three teams in the NCHA Coaches' Poll (Eau Claire, Superior, Stout) are a combined 8-5, and two of those losses came by way of Stout dropping two at St. Norbert where no one ever wins. Hence, that 8-5 might even be a little deceptive on the low side as the Blue Devils have by far the toughest weekend of their league schedule already out of the way.
      Last edited by XYZ; 11-07-2010, 01:40 AM.
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        This poll could be absolutely insane given the amount of upsets and losses everyone has already.

Here's my stab at it..Keep in mind these are my predictions and not how I would have voted. Personally I feel Stevens Point should be the #1 team out west right now given what they have done in their last four games but it won't happen that way I'm sure.

1.Norwich
        2.Oswego
        3.St. Norbert
        4.Middlebury
        5.Manhattanville
        6.Bowdoin
        7.Stevens Point
        8.Hamline
        9.Gustavus Adolphus
        10.Plattsburgh
        11.Elmira
        12.Williams
        13.Amherst
        14.Marian
        15.Adrian

If Geneseo beat Morrisville they'd be #7 in this poll. Since they lost, they are a borderline team now. I left them out but they could very well be in. River Falls and St, Scholastica will probably both still be in. At least one will be.

After the top two this is an absolute gong show.
        Manhattanville lost to Elmira and they move up a spot? If anything, I think they'll move down to 8th while Elmira does indeed move up to 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
          Manhattanville lost to Elmira and they move up a spot? If anything, I think they'll move down to 8th while Elmira does indeed move up to 11th.
          I didn't know where to put Manhattanvile. I can't fathom
          Bowdoin being a top five team after the smackdown Oswego laid on them last year. Point and hamline both have losses too. But Ure rite I could see manhattanville around. From everything I have heard,
          Elmira was lucky to escape with the win and manhattanville carried the play. I guess thats most of my reasoning.

Sorry for the long winded paragraph. I'm about five minutes away from my ben and jerrys factory tour checking the board of course on my iPhone
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Ure rite
            In English?
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              In English?
              I was on a phone "You are right" Come on teach!
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Phone: 781-316-8869
                E-mail: lee.urton@uscho.com

USCHO.com Division III Men's Poll
                Minneapolis, Minn./November 8, 2010

Team (First Place) Record Pts Last Week
                1 Norwich (14) 0-0-0 293 1
                2 Oswego ( 6) 6-0-0 286 2
                3 St. Norbert 3-1-0 252 3
                4 Middlebury 0-0-0 205 5
                5 Manhattanville 3-1-0 168 6
                6 Elmira 3-2-0 163 12
                7 Bowdoin 0-0-0 152 7
                8 Plattsburgh 2-2-0 144 4
                9 Gustavus Adolphus 3-1-0 135 8
                10 Wisconsin-Stevens Point 4-1-0 131 NR
                11 Hamline 3-1-0 74 15
                12 Adrian 1-1-0 61 10
                13 Williams 0-0-0 50 13
                14 Wisconsin-River Falls 2-2-1 45 9
                15 Marian 4-1-0 43 NR

Others Receiving Votes: Geneseo 37, St. Scholastica 37,
                Amherst 34, Wisconsin-Superior 24, Milwaukee School of
                Engineering 18, Wisconsin-Eau Claire 11, Babson 10,
                University of New England 7, Utica 6, Augsburg 4,
                Neumann 3, New England College 3, Salem State 3,
                Morrisville 1

The USCHO.com Poll is compiled weekly and consists of 20 voters, including 15 coaches of Division III programs and five men's hockey writers. USCHO.com provides in-depth coverage of college hockey.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

I am completely shocked that they jumped Elmira so high.

Other than that, nothing too surprising. A little bit that Amherst dropped out of the poll without even playing but those are the breaks a I guess when Marian and Stevens Point jump in.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

The poll is really pretty much what it has to be at this point in the season. Oswego has found a way to win, but nevertheless saw Buffalo hang with them for the opening 36 minutes, they scored only 2 and ENG against Fredonia, and Potsdam held them to 1 goal for 37 minutes. These are not what I would expect from the number 2 team, but no one else has done proven themselves any better. This season is certainly starting out as a year for the underdogs. It is nice to see Morrisville pick up a vote in only their second year of eligibility. And the MCHA isn't looking to shabby either.
                    Last edited by norm1909; 11-08-2010, 02:03 PM.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                      The poll is really pretty much what it has to be at this point in the season. Oswego has found a way to win, but nevertheless saw Buffalo hang with them for the opening 36 minutes, they scored only 2 and ENG against Fredonia, and Potsdam held them to 1 goal for 37 minutes. These are not what I would expect the number 2 team, but no one else has done proven themselves any better. This season is certainly starting out as a year for the underdogs. It is nice to see Morrisville pick up a vote in only their second year of eligibility. And the MCHA isn't looking to shabby either.
                      Oswego is not the same goal-happy squad as in the yesteryears - in my opinion, they had defeated Plattsburgh and all of the above teams through defense and attrition. I would agree that perhaps a little more scoreboard action would indicate better offensive cohesion, and hence a better team. However, Oswego's strength in 4 balanced lines is paying off, and should be noted as a strong factor for their success so far.

UWSP should make for an excellent opponent in the hockey classic at the CC for the New Year - well done by them.
                      "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                      this is for you."
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Oswego has found a way to win, but nevertheless saw Buffalo hang with them for the opening 36 minutes, they scored only 2 and ENG against Fredonia, and Potsdam held them to 1 goal for 37 minutes. These are not what I would expect the number 2 team,
                        Luckily games are 60 minutes long, and not 36 or 37. Last time I checked Oswego won those two games by 3 and 6 goals respectively. Oswego has trailed for a grand total of 2 minutes and 8 seconds. They have outscored their opponents by a 28-9 margin with 3 of those wins coming against teams others consider worthy of top 10 consideration. Oswego certainly has areas where they can improve but compared with everyone else who has played games to this point they are exactly where they belong. Now Plattsburgh on the the other hand.....
                        93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                        2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                        2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                        2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                        2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Phone: 781-316-8869
                          E-mail: lee.urton@uscho.com

USCHO.com Division III Men's Poll
                          Minneapolis, Minn./November 8, 2010

Team (First Place) Record Pts Last Week
                          1 Norwich (14) 0-0-0 293 1
                          2 Oswego ( 6) 6-0-0 286 2
                          3 St. Norbert 3-1-0 252 3
                          4 Middlebury 0-0-0 205 5
                          5 Manhattanville 3-1-0 168 6
                          6 Elmira 3-2-0 163 12
                          7 Bowdoin 0-0-0 152 7
                          8 Plattsburgh 2-2-0 144 4
                          9 Gustavus Adolphus 3-1-0 135 8
                          10 Wisconsin-Stevens Point 4-1-0 131 NR
                          11 Hamline 3-1-0 74 15
                          12 Adrian 1-1-0 61 10
                          13 Williams 0-0-0 50 13
                          14 Wisconsin-River Falls 2-2-1 45 9
                          15 Marian 4-1-0 43 NR

Others Receiving Votes: Geneseo 37, St. Scholastica 37,
                          Amherst 34, Wisconsin-Superior 24, Milwaukee School of
                          Engineering 18, Wisconsin-Eau Claire 11, Babson 10,
                          University of New England 7, Utica 6, Augsburg 4,
                          Neumann 3, New England College 3, Salem State 3,
                          Morrisville 1

The USCHO.com Poll is compiled weekly and consists of 20 voters, including 15 coaches of Division III programs and five men's hockey writers. USCHO.com provides in-depth coverage of college hockey.
                          I'm confused
                          Could some voters have voted for UNE thinking they were voting for NEC
                          Steve Day(NU71)
                          Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
                            Oswego is not the same goal-happy squad as in the yesteryears - in my opinion, they had defeated Plattsburgh and all of the above teams through defense and attrition. I would agree that perhaps a little more scoreboard action would indicate better offensive cohesion, and hence a better team. However, Oswego's strength in 4 balanced lines is paying off, and should be noted as a strong factor for their success so far.

UWSP should make for an excellent opponent in the hockey classic at the CC for the New Year - well done by them.
                            Don't pencil an Oswego/Stevens Point matchup just yet.

Hobart and Hamilton are no slouches and can easily play spoilers in that meeting. A few years ago Oswego had St. Norbert come out for their tournament and everyone expected the two to meet in the finals, Oswego lost the first day to like Augsburg or Babson or something like that.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that Coach Gosek got Stevens Point to come out here. They are a traditional powerhouse from the 90's and have been searching for an identity the last decade or so but they are still one of those teams that should always jump out at you on the schedule.

Under coach Nichol they've been showing signs of improvement and maybe this is finally the year they make their big splash back onto the national scene. We'll see what their record looks like in late December though because the NCHA is brutal and only St. Norbert has really shown the ability to consistently win night in and night out in that league for the last decade.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

The poll is really pretty much what it has to be at this point in the season. Oswego has found a way to win, but nevertheless saw Buffalo hang with them for the opening 36 minutes, they scored only 2 and ENG against Fredonia, and Potsdam held them to 1 goal for 37 minutes. These are not what I would expect from the number 2 team, but no one else has done proven themselves any better. This season is certainly starting out as a year for the underdogs. It is nice to see Morrisville pick up a vote in only their second year of eligibility. And the MCHA isn't looking to shabby either.
                              as far as 36 minutes, 37 minutes etc etc ...thats y they play 60..........its a long season, and some teams havnt even played yet y have the polss anyway????

Comment

Working...
                              X