No announcement yet.

RPI-Union Home and Home (11/12, 11/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI-Union Home and Home (11/12, 11/13)

Should be a couple of good games.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI-Union Home and Home (11/12, 11/13)

These may be the toughest fought games all year. Special teams could be very active for both sides.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I can believe they will be good games. I can believe they will be hard fought.

I hope like crazy they won't come down to the final minute.

Union, of course, is the team against whom RPI earlier this year held the lead after 59 minutes and settled for a tie after giving up a goal in the final minute.

Union is also the team against whom RPI last year held the lead after 59 minutes and lost the game after giving up two goals in the final minute.

And RPI will be playing them the week after they were tied for 59 minutes against Harvard and lost the game after giving up yet another goal in the final minute.

Somehow, the coach has to shake the team out of the 60th-minute blues.

Comment

I'ld like to see both Halpern & Tinordi back in the lineup this wk/end. After 8 games Rogic has 3 SOG ??? I know he has great speed but 3 SOG after that many games! I'm certainly not hitting the panic button, this is a very good team, but I like what the aforementioned duo brings to the overall lineup. I've also learned to replace my coffee table with a cardboard box when we're in the final minute of a game we lead.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Can't wait to be in Schenectady on Friday. It's going to be a wild house regardless of who ends up on top.
          RPI Class of 2012
          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Wearing all black to the first league home game of the season? How original
            http://www.unionathletics.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_15

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
              Wearing all black to the first league home game of the season? How original
              http://www.unionathletics.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_15
              Copying RPI is a Union tradition.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                I'ld like to see both Halpern & Tinordi back in the lineup this wk/end. After 8 games Rogic has 3 SOG ??? I know he has great speed but 3 SOG after that many games! I'm certainly not hitting the panic button, this is a very good team, but I like what the aforementioned duo brings to the overall lineup. I've also learned to replace my coffee table with a cardboard box when we're in the final minute of a game we lead.
                I have to agree with you. I have been to two games this year one with Halpern/Tinordi and one without. The one with had so much more energy, I can't help believe that they would have made a positive difference in the Harvard game. Nothing against Rogic/Burgdoerfer, but they do not have the fire of the other guys.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Union, of course, is the team against whom RPI earlier this year held the lead after 59 minutes and settled for a tie after giving up a goal in the final minute.

Union is also the team against whom RPI last year held the lead after 59 minutes and lost the game after giving up two goals in the final minute.

And RPI will be playing them the week after they were tied for 59 minutes against Harvard and lost the game after giving up yet another goal in the final minute.

EEK!!!!! I was at all of those games, maybe its me.
                  I certainly hope not, because I will be in the stands for Saturday's game as well.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    I have to agree with you. I have been to two games this year one with Halpern/Tinordi and one without. The one with had so much more energy, I can't help believe that they would have made a positive difference in the Harvard game. Nothing against Rogic/Burgdoerfer, but they do not have the fire of the other guys.
                    This would certainly go along with Coach's statement of how the upperclassmen lead the team. I realize Tinordi is a freshman, but Halpern is a senior, but it only makes sense that he should be out there leading by example of how to play explosively yet be in control of your game.

I noticed you had called out Rogic... are you thinking we should try 7 defensemen and 3 centers again? Granted we tried this on a NC game against an AHA opponent, but we did pretty well. I don't know how much it would help against #26 Union, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      This would certainly go along with Coach's statement of how the upperclassmen lead the team. I realize Tinordi is a freshman, but Halpern is a senior, but it only makes sense that he should be out there leading by example of how to play explosively yet be in control of your game.

I noticed you had called out Rogic... are you thinking we should try 7 defensemen and 3 centers again? Granted we tried this on a NC game against an AHA opponent, but we did pretty well. I don't know how much it would help against #26 Union, though.
                      I have nothing against Rogic, I just thought that he was one of the players out there instead of Tinordi and Halpern. That said, I have no problem playing with an extra Dman
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        I have nothing against Rogic, I just thought that he was one of the players out there instead of Tinordi and Halpern. That said, I have no problem playing with an extra Dman
                        Justin Smith was out there for the first time during the Hahvahd game.

Comment

the refs will make a big deal in these games. Who may they be?????

Hope we get the best.

Going to be at the game on sat night at RPI

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Copying RPI is a Union tradition.
                            Immitation, flattery, etc.

Union managed to pickup three points this weekend while scoring two goals in as many games. I'm thinking this weekend will likely be more of the same with both teams displaying their defensive chops and two of if not the two best, goalies in the league, or who knows, maybe even the country. That being said both teams have some high level offensive players so I guess nothing would surprise me...that and the fact that the teams combined for 6 goals in the LP tuneup. I think the key is going to be penalties and special team play.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Union, of course, is the team against whom RPI earlier this year held the lead after 59 minutes and settled for a tie after giving up an extra skater goal in the final minute.

Union is also the team against whom RPI last year held the lead after 59 minutes and lost the game after giving up two goals - a PPG and an ENG - in the final minute.

And RPI will be playing them the week after they were tied for 59 minutes against Harvard and lost the game after giving up yet another Power play goal in the final minute.

I added a few key missing details to your post. If anything, we've missed some clearing opportunities in the H and U games this season that would/could have resulted in different outcomes. I didn't see the H game but realize it could easily have been a "W"....sounds like we had a shot to clear it to force OT, but failed to. Also, we hit a few pipes and ran into an equally hot goalie as our own. That's hockey. I saw the U game and we were a clear away from winning it.

As I've said before, right now we're a good team, not a great team. We are playing very well using a bunch of freshman and underclassmen at key positions. I for one won't want to play RPI when the 2nd half rolls around and our underclassmen are playing with 15 or so games under their belts.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                              X