Castleton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castleton

Rumors on campus that there is a major shakeup on this years roster with players being cut on 11/1. Roster isn't up yet but I've heard #1 goalie from last year, 2 D and a senior axed. If true, what is going on?

Re: Castleton

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
    Rumors on campus that there is a major shakeup on this years roster with players being cut on 11/1. Roster isn't up yet but I've heard #1 goalie from last year, 2 D and a senior axed. If true, what is going on?
    Sounds like coach is trying to get better at any expense.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
      If true, my FHL team needs a new goalie
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        If true, my FHL team needs a new goalie
        I've got two good ones . Both might be good for 20 wins
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Maybe the ever resourceful student ice workers went from throwing ice balls at visiting teams, to playing on the team. I hate everything to do with this joke of a college. Was that to harsh , oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
            Maybe the ever resourceful student ice workers went from throwing ice balls at visiting teams, to playing on the team. I hate everything to do with this joke of a college. Was that to harsh , oh well.
            I know you have a problem with Castleton. What is odd to me is that I've never had an bad experience at either Rutland Regional Field House or Spartan Arena (under either name)
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I have been following Castleton hockey for a few years and until last year the program was on a slow upswing, defeating both Middlebury and Norwich which was a big deal for a new program. Just guessing but I beleive Coach Todd would like to see Castleton competitive with all the Eastern teams, ie Norwich, Plattsburgh, Bowdoin, Williams ect. More scoring and more effective goaltending were needed to get Castleton back on top. Castleton went out and recruited a lot of players and time will tell how it all works out. I have talked to a few Castleton hockey players over the years and they all have been very friendly.

The only time I have seen the Castleton hockey team this year was at the Dunking Booth at a home football game raising money for the program which was very impressive, although it was a warm day. A number of guys did go in the water too.
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

with all the players that came in this year, I can't think this was a total shock.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  I know you have a problem with Castleton. What is odd to me is that I've never had an bad experience at either Rutland Regional Field House or Spartan Arena (under either name)
                  You know CSC wants to be like Norwich so they are nicer to you guys. Dont mind the team hate the rink.

Comment

Was this any surprise since they went out and recruited almost 4 Lines of players. It was apparent they were not happy with their teams performance last year and it is apparent that they are not patient enough to work and coach kids up so they went the easy way which is to recruit a ton of players which must be better or work harder than what they have in house already. Apparently their coach wants to compete for the East title and a trip to the NCAA's this year.

Comment

I am not sure recruiting kids to Castleton is always the easier way out.

Comment

It's easier than recruiting them to Potsdam.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                          Was this any surprise since they went out and recruited almost 4 Lines of players. It was apparent they were not happy with their teams performance last year and it is apparent that they are not patient enough to work and coach kids up so they went the easy way which is to recruit a ton of players which must be better or work harder than what they have in house already. Apparently their coach wants to compete for the East title and a trip to the NCAA's this year.
                          Tell me if I am wrong but most freshmen recruits going into D3 hockey are 19 or 20 years old and have been playing hockey at a high level for years. Just look at the Norwich freshmen last year; players like the Schroeder brothers and Kyle Thomas were great players from the start and were a big factor in Norwich's NCAA run. The point is the productive players don't need much time to produce in D3. I agree that it seems to take defensemen more time to mesh in a D3 team system.
                          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

So what you are saying is that their are dumb freshman recruits and D3 players and smart D3 players and if you recruit the most talented ones the coach rarely has to coach. And Norwich brings in top guys that have been playing hockey at a high level. Brilliant Hawk just Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                              So what you are saying is that their are dumb freshman recruits and D3 players and smart D3 players and if you recruit the most talented ones the coach rarely has to coach. And Norwich brings in top guys that have been playing hockey at a high level. Brilliant Hawk just Brilliant!
                              Actually your previous statement gets the brillant award..."Apparently their coach wants to compete for the East title and a trip to the NCAA's this year", since I'm sure the coach didn't want to compete for this in the past!

Comment

Working...
                              X