Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU >> Hot for Maine

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Well, Clendening is already SteveF's modern day Dan Spang (high frequency ROTWeak).

The quick summary on the new blood:
    Coyle - for a big man, very good hands. Has impressed along the boards (think Colin Wilson), but would have even better numbers if he hadn't whiffed on a few slam dunks.
    Nieto - flashes of brilliance, but not much cashing in yet. Great skater
    Gill - despite Hokydad's doom and gloom, Sahir is a dynamite player at this level.
    Cisse - out indefinitely with recurring ankle injuries
    Clendening - as good as advertised (despite aforememntioned ROTW status), despite only having a couple points. Looks better than Shattenkirk did as a frosh.
    Noonan - pleasant surprise on d. Late pick-up (trade for Randy Moss) has received PP time and impressed coach
    Riukka - not a freshman, but playing his first games after two years of sitting out with injuries. Looks solid so far.
    Re Clendening/ROTWeak: Consider the source and remember that Clendening had the temerity to part ways with BC after committing there.

Good assessment overall. Despite his high-end speed and skill, Nieto, who doesn't turn 18 'til this Friday, may be one of those freshman who need a semester to adjust to D1 hockey. Then, watch out b/c the talent is there. Gill is, as Hockey Buzz reported, an "instinctive passer" and has excellent vision. If he stays on the first line, he could do for Joe Pereira what Higgins did for Jason Lawrence. Watched Ruikka closely on Saturday; solid on D, keeps it simple on offense. You'll know he's playing effectively when you don't hear about him.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Well, Clendening is already SteveF's modern day Dan Spang (high frequency ROTWeak).

The quick summary on the new blood:
      Coyle - for a big man, very good hands. Has impressed along the boards (think Colin Wilson), but would have even better numbers if he hadn't whiffed on a few slam dunks.
      Nieto - flashes of brilliance, but not much cashing in yet. Great skater
      Gill - despite Hokydad's doom and gloom, Sahir is a dynamite player at this level.
      Cisse - out indefinitely with recurring ankle injuries
      Clendening - as good as advertised (despite aforememntioned ROTW status), despite only having a couple points. Looks better than Shattenkirk did as a frosh.
      Noonan - pleasant surprise on d. Late pick-up (trade for Randy Moss) has received PP time and impressed coach
      Riukka - not a freshman, but playing his first games after two years of sitting out with injuries. Looks solid so far.
      Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Re Clendening/ROTWeak: Consider the source and remember that Clendening had the temerity to part ways with BC after committing there.

Good assessment overall. Despite his high-end speed and skill, Nieto, who doesn't turn 18 'til this Friday, may be one of those freshman who need a semester to adjust to D1 hockey. Then, watch out b/c the talent is there. Gill is, as Hockey Buzz reported, an "instinctive passer" and has excellent vision. If he stays on the first line, he could do for Joe Pereira what Higgins did for Jason Lawrence. Watched Ruikka closely on Saturday; solid on D, keeps it simple on offense. You'll know he's playing effectively when you don't hear about him.
      Wait, this thread has lowered itself to actually start talking about serious aspects of the upcoming game?

What happened to the sandbagging and name calling? I may have to quit this thread if this new trend continues...
      You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
      ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
      ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
      ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
        Wait, this thread has lowered itself to actually start talking about serious aspects of the upcoming game?

What happened to the sandbagging and name calling? I may have to quit this thread if this new trend continues...
        This was the first post in almost two days. I think everyone else already did quit this thread.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

So what are my chances of walking up to Agannis Saturday night and being able to get a ticket. Thinking of making the trip down.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            So what are my chances of walking up to Agannis Saturday night and being able to get a ticket. Thinking of making the trip down.
            Someone was selling 2 at face value on the Maine thread.

Comment

I'm not expecting a sellout (BU hasn't sold out a game yet this year and only sold out BC games and maybe the Michigan game last year), but I wouldn't be totally shocked if it was a sellout. I assume you're trying to avoid Ticketmaster fees. Worse comes to worst, there are always scalpers out front.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post

buzz off, moran
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  Consider the source
                  that is mighty funny coming from you, alex. so since you are trying to get in his pants, how much can we really trust you?
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

RE: tickets; bought some on the ticket exchange, printed them right off the site and the fee is only like $3 as opposed to the $8 ticketmaster normally charges. It's linked right on the ticketmaster page.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

It would be nice to see you. You'll be able to get a ticket. Otherwise, I can get you in by the start of the 2nd.

This will be a good early test for both teams. I'm hoping BU can score more than 2 at home, because they might need it. They've done a great job cutting down on Grade A chances and Millan is playing pretty well. We expected some good talent coming in as Freshman, but Noonan has been one of my favorites. He has made a number of great plays in the D zone when I see the pass going to the enemy forward across the grain with a pretty good chunk of empty net to shoot at when suddenly his stick or body is between the puck and the goal. He seems to read the flow of the game really well and gets himself in the right position.

Always fun to watch Gustav. He's a great player. House still up to snuff?

I'm thinking BU squeaks by with 5-3 win. Perhaps with a Maine extra attacker goal and BU empty net.

After Jack's refs hand us the game and BU finally figures out how to score on the PP of course.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                        Always fun to watch Gustav. He's a great player. House still up to snuff?
                        House is solid, but watch out for Spencer Abbott.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
                          House is solid, but watch out for Spencer Abbott.
                          shhhhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                            shhhhhhh!
                            My bad.

Comment

game over. Hendrickson picked Maine 5-4. We don't have a chance now...
                              It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
                              But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                                BTW, we haven't forgotten the fat S*B with the Maine jersey cheering on national TV when Miami scored to go up 3-1 in the NC game...
                                Too bad they didn't show him again a little later.
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X