Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery. Hope to see you on the ice again.

Comment

Best wishes to Jesse from Minneapolis, MN.

Hockey players are tough SOB's and I'm confident I will see you back on the ice following your recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
        Martin is in stable condition at Hennepin County Hospital in Minneapolis, where he was airlifted from Grand Forks last night.

He has 3 fractures to the C-2 vertabrae, which are near the base of the skull.

*****http://sped.wdfiles.com/local--files/physical-disabilities/figure91.jpg******
        Good to hear he has feeling in all extremities. The real test will be whether he has loss of 1 or more cervical nerve roots that correlate with sensory motor movement of upper body muscle groups. The good news is treatment modalities for C2 fractures are generally very successful.

Here's the hit:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBp10hz6rzw?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBp10hz6rzw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet but former Badger Davis Drewiske broke two vertabrae in his neck and has made a full recovery and is now an NHL regular with the LA Kings. Here's to hoping that Mr. Martin can make the same recovery. Best wishes Jesse.

LINK to an article on Drewiske's injury.

Comment

best of luck Jesse

Comment

Thoughts and Prayers from Vermont.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers from Miami, we certainly know and understand what your program is going through with scary injuries. Best of luck!
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet but former Badger Davis Drewiske broke two vertabrae in his neck and has made a full recovery and is now an NHL regular with the LA Kings. Here's to hoping that Mr. Martin can make the same recovery. Best wishes Jesse.

LINK to an article on Drewiske's injury.
                  Say more things like that!
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.
                    Unleash the fury!

Comment

Jesse, I have been watching you play in person for four years. I know what I hard worker you are on the ice, and I am sure you will use that determination to come back stronger than ever. Get well soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                        Say more things like that!
                        I couldn't get the link to work, but here's one that did.
                        http://lakingsnews.com/2010/03/01/th...avis-drewiske/
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Martin called Malone today to ease Malone's sense of guilt. How about that?

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16492395

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                            Martin called Malone today to ease Malone's sense of guilt. How about that?

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16492395
                            Makes me want to cheer Martin's recovery even more. Obviously Malone feels terrible about this.

Comment

Get well soon Jesse! You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
                                "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X