PDA

View Full Version : Too early for the PWR? Princeton and Brown say no!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

mookie1995
03-19-2011, 10:08 PM
fixed

Don't mess with bob!!!! Every school should gave their principal on tv! :D

BC/HE
03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
No matter how the WCHA comes out

Bridgeport Manchester St Louis Green Bay
Yale Miami Boston Coll North Dakota
Union Merrimack Denver Michigan
W Michigan UNO Notre Dame UMD
Air Force UNH CC RPI

Would not be surprised if they switch Merrimack-Union and UNO-Notre Dame

Priceless
03-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Would not be surprised if they switch Merrimack-Union and UNO-Notre Dame

I can see them switching Union and Merrimack, but UNO is flying anyway and ND can drive to St Louis. Plus they might put some fans in the stands...they have 20,000 seats to fill.

mcfarljd
03-19-2011, 10:18 PM
I can see them switching Union and Merrimack, but UNO is flying anyway and ND can drive to St Louis. Plus they might put some fans in the stands...they have 20,000 seats to fill.

That, and with the "CCHA" being host, shouldn't at least one CCHA team be in the Lou?

Priceless
03-19-2011, 10:22 PM
That, and with the "CCHA" being host, shouldn't at least one CCHA team be in the Lou?

It's not a requirement.

If the Committee can figure a way they'd love to get both Miami and Notre Dame into St Louis, but that would mean sending North Dakota east...

Craig P.
03-19-2011, 10:24 PM
No matter how the WCHA comes out

Bridgeport Manchester St Louis Green Bay
Yale Miami Boston Coll North Dakota
Union Merrimack Denver Michigan
W Michigan UNO Notre Dame UMD
Air Force UNH CC RPI

If North Dakota wins, I disagree. You can get a good set of regionals by just swapping the Michigan-UNO and Merrimack-Notre Dame pairs.

mcfarljd
03-19-2011, 10:25 PM
It's not a requirement.

If the Committee can figure a way they'd love to get both Miami and Notre Dame into St Louis, but that would mean sending North Dakota east...

I really don't expect Miami to head there, I figure we're playing UNH in New Hampshire, which I'm okay with, just saying I don't think we'll see 0 CCHA teams in Saint Louis

yalehockeyfan
03-19-2011, 10:27 PM

Question:
With Yale as #1 overall seed does the committee look ahead and try to put the #8 overall (ie Union) in their bracket? Or do they not care and are willing to put #5 overall (ie. Merrimack)?

Priceless
03-19-2011, 10:31 PM
If North Dakota wins, I disagree. You can get a good set of regionals by just swapping the Michigan-UNO and Merrimack-Notre Dame pairs.

Huh?

Question:
With Yale as #1 overall seed does the committee look ahead and try to put the #8 overall (ie Union) in their bracket? Or do they not care and are willing to put #5 overall (ie. Merrimack)?

Ideally they want 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5 but they'll sacrifice bracket integrity for money concerns 9 times out of 10.

yalehockeyfan
03-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Ideally they want 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5 but they'll sacrifice bracket integrity for money concerns 9 times out of 10.

Certainly no worries about tickets in Bridgeport. But who knows.....I certainly would prefer to have the #8 seed in my bracket as opposed to the #5. Then again, we already lost once to Air Force this year, and last time NCAAs were in Bridgeport, Air Force won their first round game while we lost. So let's hope we can beat Air before worrying about that other game in Bridgeport!

tUMDAlum
03-19-2011, 10:40 PM

Omaha to St. Louis is almost the same at Notre Dame to St. Louis in terms of driving distance.

Craig P.
03-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Huh?

You gave what you thought would happen regardless of the WCHA result. I disagree for the case of a North Dakota win. I hadn't run my bracketology for a Denver win yet. For a North Dakota win, I only needed to swap one game from one regional to another to reasonably satisfy attendance considerations in my estimation.

<b>Bridgeport</b>
1. Yale
8. Union
9. Minnesota-Duluth
16. Air Force

<b>Green Bay</b>
2. North Dakota
7. Denver
10. Western Michigan
15. Rensselaer

<b>St. Louis</b>
3. Boston College
5. Michigan
12. Nebraska-Omaha
14. Colorado College

<b>Manchester</b>
4. Miami
6. Merrimack
11. Notre Dame
13. New Hampshire

Eaglefan06
03-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Question: Since both CC and RPI are going to be on flights wouldn't it make sense to put CC in St. Louis which they are only ~800 miles rather than Wisconsin which they are ~1,100 from? While RPI is only ~800 miles from Wisconsin and St. Louis?

Or since they are both flights anyway they just stick to bracket integrity?

Craig P.
03-19-2011, 10:44 PM
I also disagree with what you got if Denver wins. My best balance of no first round intraconference matchups, attendance, and bracket integrity is this:

<b>Bridgeport</b>
1. Yale
8. Union
10. Western Michigan
16. Air Force

<b>Green Bay</b>
2. Boston College
7. Michigan
9. Minnesota-Duluth
14. Colorado College

<b>St. Louis</b>
3. North Dakota
6. Merrimack
12. Nebraska-Omaha
15. Rensselaer

<b>Manchester</b>
4. Miami
5. Denver
11. Notre Dame
13. New Hampshire

I got this only doing swaps to get rid of first round intraconference matchups, though the particular swaps I did were strongly influenced by attendance considerations.

Eaglefan06
03-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Omaha to St. Louis is almost the same at Notre Dame to St. Louis in terms of driving distance.

Notre Dame fanbase>UNO fanbase

BC/HE
03-19-2011, 10:45 PM
With 5 WCHA teams in there is a likely chance of a WCHA first round match up as the rules permit it. Denver and UNO only met twice all year and split the games so being closest to St. louis it is the natural fit for that matchup. BC played Denver as often as UNO did whereas many other matchups were a lot more often so they should be avoided.

Craig P.
03-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Question: Since both CC and RPI are going to be on flights wouldn't it make sense to put CC in St. Louis which they are only ~800 miles rather than Wisconsin which they are ~1,100 from? While RPI is only ~800 miles from Wisconsin and St. Louis?

As far as the NCAA is concerned, a flight is a flight.

Furthermore, in the past, avoiding a flight has only been a consideration for the #1 seeds. I've assumed that no prospective #1 is officially within driving distance of the western regionals, so the only way distance should figure into things is indirectly, in terms of attendance.

Eaglefan06
03-19-2011, 10:47 PM
I also disagree with what you got if Denver wins. My best balance of no first round intraconference matchups, attendance, and bracket integrity is this:

<b>Bridgeport</b>
1. Yale
8. Union
10. Western Michigan
16. Air Force

<b>Green Bay</b>
2. Boston College
7. Michigan
9. Minnesota-Duluth
14. Colorado College

<b>St. Louis</b>
3. North Dakota
6. Merrimack
12. Nebraska-Omaha
15. Rensselaer

<b>Manchester</b>
4. Miami
5. Denver
11. Notre Dame
13. New Hampshire

I got this only doing swaps to get rid of first round intraconference matchups, though the particular swaps I did were strongly influenced by attendance considerations.

Miami, Denver, Notre Dame all in Manchester? What happens when UNH bows out in the first round again?

SteveF
03-19-2011, 10:47 PM

well nodak cant play cc if it can be avoided. so most likely they will get paired with RPI no matter where they end up

Priceless
03-19-2011, 10:49 PM

The magic number is 400 miles. Any greater than that is a flight. ND is within the 400 miles, UNO is not.