Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MN @ WI: The Real Battle Of Interstate 94

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I expect full attendance from now on since both of your football seasons are over and the Wild, are, well, the Wild. No more excuses. Support your team "State of Hockey."

SO glad that Favre let you guys down in the end. His pick last year and his EPIC FAIL this season almost brings him back into good graces as a Packer. Almost. Wearing purple (or maroon - see Phil Kessel) is unforgivable.
    Yep. It's definitely Badger week. Stupid talk about football. Yippee! See everyone on the other side of the weekend.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

SO glad that Favre let you guys down in the end. His pick last year and his EPIC FAIL this season almost brings him back into good graces as a Packer. Almost. Wearing purple (or maroon - see Phil Kessel) is unforgivable.
      NFL=lockout

Enjoy not watching football next year.

Bank on it.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

These are going to be interesting games. UW allowed way too many great scoring chances when they played DU and DU made them pay. The rodents don't quite have as much talent as DU, but they have a little more talent than Tech, who UW just played. Will the rodents make UW pay for their mistakes (and there will be mistakes to be had with UW's inexperience) or will they be firing high and wide? Will the rodents play lazy and uninspired hockey and allow UW to get out to a lead and then mail it in? Will UW keep taking these dumbass penalties? I'd guess yes, they are playing their most hated rival, emotions will be higher than they have been all year. UW clearly has the advantage in goaltending, but if they leave Goody or Bennett high and dry too many times the rodents will still score. I think the rodents will outshoot UW on the weekend, and the 2 games will be 1 goal games with at least 9 goals scored in each game. I have this feeling UW will break their 100 million year OT scoring drought this weekend.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          NFL=lockout

Enjoy not watching football next year.

Bank on it.
          We'll still have the Badger football team.

It will be a much needed reprieve for you guys though. I don't know how you guys can take this year after year after year after year after...

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Yep. It's definitely Badger week. Stupid talk about football. Yippee! See everyone on the other side of the weekend.
            Yeah and the same old tired rips about paint thinner and dead deer.

Comment

Yep, but incessant whining from Packer fans about Favre certainly isn't old, or tired.

Comment

This should be fun.

Comment

ah...gd it. what's with this site? we lost all of our earlier posts? I wanted to dredge up the ol' Lebowski quote...it fit the pride on ice pretty well
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    ah...gd it. what's with this site? we lost all of our earlier posts? I wanted to dredge up the ol' Lebowski quote...it fit the pride on ice pretty well
                    There are 2 threads currently going so maybe it's in the other one..... it's a Big Ten thing.
                    Last edited by Driftryder; 11-01-2010, 06:51 PM.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      There are 2 threads currently going so maybe it's in the other one..... it's a Big Ten thing.
                      thanks, but I was searching for something from a UW/MN thread from like 2-3 years ago but it seems USCHO just deleted all of that stuff...???

I have to find a way to catch both games on tv. listening to the radio is no way to keep up with THE RIVALRY

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                        Yep, but incessant whining from Packer fans about Favre certainly isn't old, or tired.
                        Who's whining? I'm LOVING this.

Comment

WI is so bad, even the Foopers don't want to live there. 2 more are about to move BACK to the UP. That's pathetic.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            WI is so bad, even the Foopers don't want to live there. 2 more are about to move BACK to the UP. That's pathetic.
                            Who can blame them with all the abandoned buildings and ghost towns that they can move right in to?

Comment

Hopefully, Menard's remembered to stock up this year on the cheap paint thinner. It would be a disaster if they were to run out, and all the **** cheeseheads headed over here to stock up.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Who can blame them with all the abandoned buildings and ghost towns that they can move right in to?
                                now this is funny!

is max gardiner playing? will John Ramage run him over? or will Jake take care of that?

Comment

Working...
                                X