MN @ WI: The Real Battle Of Interstate 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ WI: The Real Battle Of Interstate 94

Almost done with work and close to hockey time!

Buck ****y!

Go Gophers!
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      From my seats (row A in the 200's), it's an excellent hockey arena, but I realize that many seats are less than good.
      Section 124 row T here and even there the view is excellent. Even as a stadium that wasnt a purpose-built hockey arena, the atmosphere of the Kohl beats the heck of Mariucci any day.
      If I didnt have to be back here to get up at 4am for work tomorrow, Id be at the game tonight. Getting the chance to boo the rodents in their own rink would be worth the drive.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

• Wait a second, Gophers fans are arrogant?

btw - we're happy for your 6 titles, but you still have to live with each other. Suck on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Wait a second, Gophers fans are arrogant?

btw - we're happy for your 6 titles, but you still have to live with each other. Suck on that.
          Hey, we'll be fine once they get that fence built around Madison (we'll figure out how to get the hockey team out when we get to that point...). Until then, you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            I have never been to Madison but from what I hear, they also encourage getting disgustingly, throwing up drunk before showing up to the game (being there at the start of the game is optional if more drinking is required).
            Funny you should mention that...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/EmptySeats2.jpg?t=1289004640******

Comment

On the first goal, we wept. On the second goal, we rolled over. On the third goal, we died.

Burn it. Burn it all.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That was a 2nd period to remember.
                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

I have to admit I like the new gopher announcers. Chorske calls it like he sees it
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Oh my.
                    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

You Chokers like to say better dead than red. From what I saw tonight, you're coming quite close to getting your wish.

Comment

Uh, I guess the rodents really do suck. Glad to see the corner they turned last weekend lead to the edge of a cliff.

I thought Chorske did a good job, though him stating P Johnson somehow acted to get tackled when he got thrown to the ice in the 3rd period was clearly a homer call. The penalty to Little in the 3rd was clearly a dive by the rodent player. He DID act like he just got shot in the head.

I was disappointed in how few shots of tDon they showed on the telecast. I wanted to to see the hair in HD.

Smith should be embarrassed for getting stoned repeately on breakaways by Captain Kangassroo. The PS was a poor effort. 5 hole baby.

We all know tomorrow will be a 1 goal game.

I wonder if Eaves will go with Bennett or come back with Goody.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Uh, I guess the rodents really do suck. Glad to see the corner they turned last weekend lead to the edge of a cliff.

I wonder if Eaves will go with Bennett or come back with Goody.
                          Great line!

I hope to see the same goaltending match-up again tomorrow.

Gotta be Goody.

Comment

I didn't take Chorske's comments about Patrick Johnson in that way. It seemed to me more like he was saying that Johnson kind of was acting when he got shoved in the chest while on the ground. Patrick kind of covered his face there, and to me it did kind of look like he was playing it up a bit.

Doesn't matter in the big picture though; worst loss to Bucky of the Lucia era. An era that will hopefully continue for a long long time.

Comment

Wasn't expecting that.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Great line!

I hope to see the same goaltending match-up again tomorrow.

Gotta be Goody.
                                I'd feel kind of bad for Bennett if he didn't play. I can't really explain it either, I hate goaltending rotations/tandems. I'd love to see him erase the last game he played against the rodents on that Sunday afternoon game last year. I'm still ****ed about UW's effort that game. I know he wasn't fully healed, but the PK was aweful that game as well.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X