Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ WI: The Real Battle Of Interstate 94

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Who gives a crap about the TV guys. Why don't you guys just go to the game. Sure seems to be enough empty seats every time I see you on TV anyways.
    Plenty of room in here!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Stick to the still totally hilarious deer and thinner rips coz those are as fresh as if they were brand new.
      As long as you continue to talk about football, we have a deal.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
        What's worse? Losing to BC when it counts or losing to Holy Cross when it counts?
        Most people probably have you on ignore and so didn't see this. Are you really equating those two games?

While the loss to HC for the Gophers was a colossal embarrassment, there wasn't a whole lot at stake. They most likely would have lost the next night anyway as they weren't playing well and had to face the Sue in GF. Even if they got to the FF, they hadn't beat us all year when we had Els, so weren't gonna there either.

Ours was a slight embarrassment due to the final score, but these things happen from time to time in championship games in all sports. But we were one game away from a 7th title. In my mind, that makes our loss worse and the final score unpalatable.

Don't compare it to HC.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          As long as you continue to talk about football, we have a deal.
          Good Catch!

Comment

What's worse? Losing to BC when it counts or losing to Holy Cross when it counts?
            :facepalm:

See Gurt's response above.
            Originally posted by solovsfett
            To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Ayyyyyy yiiiii yi yiiiiiiiii Jesus hates Wisconsin!
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Ayyyyyy yiiiii yi yiiiiiiiii Jesus hates Sheboygan!
                FYP.

(See Drunk Cheesehead of the Day thread in the cafe for proof)
                Originally posted by solovsfett
                To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                  FYP.

(See Drunk Cheesehead of the Day thread in the cafe for proof)
                  Saw it. Different city, same crap.

And the proper response to my post is "Yes, he does." Unless you are Hockey Jesus himself, in which case it's "Yes, I do."
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Pretty sure both seasons ended with a loss.

And for the record I couldn't care less how any team's season ended except for the Gophers. Their failing to win a NC isn't made any less suckful by UW or UND doing the same.
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-04-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      Who gives a crap about the TV guys. Why don't you guys just go to the game. Sure seems to be enough empty seats every time I see you on TV anyways.
                      For the ticket and parking, it costs nearly $50 per game. Why waste that money when I can stay home and yell obscenities at the tv? If you yell anything at Mariucci, some fans will probably get their panties in a twist and get the rent-a-cops to talk to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                        For the ticket and parking, it costs nearly $50 per game. Why waste that money when I can stay home and yell obscenities at the tv? If you yell anything at Mariucci, some fans will probably get their panties in a twist and get the rent-a-cops to talk to you.
                        You should come to our rink. Anything goes here. You can even hit opposing fans and not only is it allowed, it's encouraged.

Comment

What $50 will get me:

A ticket (and maybe parking if it's not against UND/WI) to a Gopher game
                          A nice selection of booze, and food, and have friends over for a Gopher game
                          A couple drinks, a crapload of food, and hang out with friends at a sports bar for a Gophers game
                          Two tickets (one per game), plus a good share of gas money to see the Gophers on the road (minus the UND/WI games)

And the whole atmosphere lockdown thanks to the PC police at the Mooch.

Comment

You should come to our rink. Anything goes here. You can even hit opposing fans and not only is it allowed, it's encouraged.
                            We get chastised for throwing condiment packets at opposing team's fans in the student section. Not only at the arena, but here too.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

500 mile roundtrip to madison = 20 gallons of gas ($60). Add in hotel + game tickets + food, and it's even more expensive than attending an over-priced series here.

Plus you play in the Kohl which isn't even a real hockey arena. That facility clearly had bouncyball in mind when it was built.

Comment

500 mile roundtrip to madison = 20 gallons of gas ($60). Add in hotel + game tickets + food, and it's even more expensive than attending an over-priced series here.

Plus you play in the Kohl which isn't even a real hockey arena. That facility clearly had bouncyball in mind when it was built.
                                You've obviously sat in the 300's. Why they don't change to an NHL-sized surface so that the 300's could all be good seats is beyond me.

From my seats (row A in the 200's), it's an excellent hockey arena, but I realize that many seats are less than good.

Comment

Working...
                                X