Hockey East Pick "Em Week #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East Pick "Em Week #5

Felt like week 5 had to get started before waiting for the tuesday results, so all you pickers should have an email with a link to the week 5 spreadsheet. I will update this spreadsheet with the results from tuesday as soon as they come in.

Here are the results through Sunday 10-31-10 before sorting of the spreadsheet.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/moorso/...et4StartPublic

Paging vermaple and claver....you two are missing a number for the tuesday game. You ought to fill it in.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Re: Hockey East Pick "Em Week #5

how does scoring work again?

1 point for correctly guessing and another for the correct score.
    is it 2 points for correctly guessing a tie and another for the correct score. or 1 and 1? only reason i ask is that looking at the first PC-UMass game, 5 of us picked a tie, but i was the only one of the five to have the right final score yet we all are earned two points for it....

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
      how does scoring work again?

1 point for correctly guessing and another for the correct score.
      is it 2 points for correctly guessing a tie and another for the correct score. or 1 and 1? only reason i ask is that looking at the first PC-UMass game, 5 of us picked a tie, but i was the only one of the five to have the right final score yet we all are earned two points for it....
      Yeah, its 1 point for picking winner, 2 points for picking winner and correct score and 2 points for picking a tie. As far as I know, we dont give 3 points for picking a tie and the right score, although I am not opposed to this.....it seems to make sense. What do all you others feel about this? If its agreeable to award 3 points for picking a tie and right score, I can go back and update.

Comment

After careful consideration and lengthy consultation with the rules committee (me in case u forgot), the decision has been reached to award 3 points for picking a tie and correct score. As I scan back through previous picks, JD had a tie picked right also ina prior week, I will make adjustments unless someone threatens to sue me. Anybuddy else feel like they had picked a tie and correct score I missed?
        Last edited by acs64; 10-31-2010, 11:16 AM.

Comment

On the Week 5 spreadsheet, the score hasn't been reset for the UNH/BC game.
          If I put in 3-3, will ya give me 3 points?
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            On the Week 5 spreadsheet, the score hasn't been reset for the UNH/BC game.
            If I put in 3-3, will ya give me 3 points?
            hehehe....whaddya mean it hasnt been reset? Actually I was just trying to give ya'll a hint on what the score of that game would be.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Felt like week 5 had to get started before waiting for the tuesday results, so all you pickers should have an email with a link to the week 5 spreadsheet. I will update this spreadsheet with the results from tuesday as soon as they come in.

Here are the results through Sunday 10-31-10 before sorting of the spreadsheet.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/moorso/...et4StartPublic

Paging vermaple and claver....you two are missing a number for the tuesday game. You ought to fill it in.
              bump

Comment

After careful consideration and lengthy consultation with the rules committee (me in case u forgot), the decision has been reached to award 3 points for picking a tie and correct score. As I scan back through previous picks, JD had a tie picked right also ina prior week, I will make adjustments unless someone threatens to sue me. Anybuddy else feel like they had picked a tie and correct score I missed?
                thank you.

your week five spreadsheet doesn't have the adjustment for the added point for getting the tie correct...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  thank you.

your week five spreadsheet doesn't have the adjustment for the added point for getting the tie correct...
                  Should be all set now.....you and JD got the extra point for picking a tie and score correctly...this is also up to date and mostly sorted through the end of tuesday, 11-2.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/moorso/...et5StartPublic

remember, you cant enter scores on this link....must use the emailed link. All non pickers last week got the minimum 3 points for the week.
                  Last edited by acs64; 11-02-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Should be all set now.....you and JD got the extra point for picking a tie and score correctly...this is also up to date and mostly sorted through the end of tuesday, 11-2.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/moorso/...et5StartPublic

remember, you cant enter scores on this link....must use the emailed link. All non pickers last week got the minimum 3 points for the week.
                    I already entered my picks but i would like to change one of the picks. It says I can't cause they're locked. What do I do? Thanks.
                    Originally posted by Bakunin
                    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                      I already entered my picks but i would like to change one of the picks. It says I can't cause they're locked. What do I do? Thanks.
                      I will unlock it pher ya....howz that ?

Next seaons we'll all hafta ante up 5 bucks and the winner takes all at the end of the season....100 or 150 bucks....that'd be more phun than winning nothing.....so get urself a paypal account if you already dont have one.
                      Last edited by acs64; 11-03-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I will unlock it pher ya....howz that ?

Next seaons we'll all hafta ante up 5 bucks and the winner takes all at the end of the season....100 or 150 bucks....that'd be more phun than winning nothing.....so get urself a paypal account if you already dont have one.
                        Thanks! Also, I'm game for the $5 anti. Should make it more competitive!
                        Originally posted by Bakunin
                        Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

jcarter...jcarter..paging jcarter....ur missing a score fella.

Comment

The week 5 spreadsheet lists UML at UNH but this is incorrect. UNH is at Lowell Saturday night.
                            What did you say?
                            Who own the Chiefs?
                            What did he say?
                            Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                              The week 5 spreadsheet lists UML at UNH but this is incorrect. UNH is at Lowell Saturday night.
                              hmmmm....dats not what this schedule says.

http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/hock...102011/week-6/

can uscho be that screwed up?

Comment

Working...
                              X