• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>>RIT Tigers 2010-2011<<<<

Guess it's about time to start this up.
    RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Re: >>>>RIT Tigers 2010-2011<<<<

Laura Chamberlain!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
      Laura Chamberlain!
      She's the real deal. Very impressive debut.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Tigers are #3 in the national poll this week!
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Time Warner Sports Net will be carrying both games this weekend. Channel 98 on Friday and 26 on Saturday.

Comment

RIT is set to make a formal announcement Friday about plans for a new on-campus hockey arena.

RIT eager to construct new hockey arena
            Last edited by rodazac; 11-09-2010, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if this announcement on Friday isn't the beginning of the end of RIT's D-III days either. Once the memoratorium is lifted I think you'll see the Tigers make the jump to D-I.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

yup, word on the street is that you'll hear an annoucement soon regarding the DI future of the women's program. Wouldn't totally shock me to hear it on Friday...unless they want that announcement to stand on its own and do an announcement later for the women's DI plans.

There's been talk about DI across the board, and the overall focus on athletic facilities recently at RIT (Gordon Field house in the not so distant past, new women's softball field this fall, expansion/future plans for the existing Ritter for utilization by other teams, etc.), lead me to believe its a real possibility and they are building the needed infastructure for a move at some point. I know they've discussed overhauling of the baseball field, the stadium got a facelift a few years ago and with some more work (and maybe a field turf surface instead of grass) could be more than adequate for soccer, lacrosse and track and field.

It would be a bittersweet day if that ever came to be. Been a wonderful ride in DIII, with lots of memorable moments, some good, some not so great. Lots of great friendships, rivalry, etc. But with any situation, change is inevitable. If it was meant to be, so be it.
                Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideTigersFan View Post
                  yup, word on the street is that you'll hear an annoucement soon regarding the DI future of the women's program. Wouldn't totally shock me to hear it on Friday...unless they want that announcement to stand on its own and do an announcement later for the women's DI plans.

There's been talk about DI across the board, and the overall focus on athletic facilities recently at RIT (Gordon Field house in the not so distant past, new women's softball field this fall, expansion/future plans for the existing Ritter for utilization by other teams, etc.), lead me to believe its a real possibility and they are building the needed infastructure for a move at some point. I know they've discussed overhauling of the baseball field, the stadium got a facelift a few years ago and with some more work (and maybe a field turf surface instead of grass) could be more than adequate for soccer, lacrosse and track and field.

It would be a bittersweet day if that ever came to be. Been a wonderful ride in DIII, with lots of memorable moments, some good, some not so great. Lots of great friendships, rivalry, etc. But with any situation, change is inevitable. If it was meant to be, so be it.
                  There is no doubt that with an enrollment of 12,000 RIT could easily make the move across the board to D-I in all sports if they make the commitment to it.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

RIT isnt really interested in D1 across the board anymore from what I can tell. Their goal was to get into a better league, or go D1, and with them starting in the Liberty League for all sports except hockey next year, I think they have pushed D1 hopes aside for now. There is no doubt that womens hockey will go D1 in the next few years though. The moratorium ends in August I believe, and I think they will file paperwork shortly thereafter.
                    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010
                    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Oh hey, we got one of these thingers.

Only comments I have so far are that a) it is nice to finally have some size on this team to balance speedy scorers and b) I've never been more confident in a goaltender than I am in Chamberlain. This girl is the real deal.

I'm definitely looking forward to, rather than nervously dreading, this season's big ticket match-ups. From what I've been observing in practices, and from talking with coaches and some of the players, this may very well be "the year". It'd be nice to see them go all the way before losing Stack and Dagg, two of the players that have arguably made this team what it is.

That's the way, a-huh a-huh I'd like it.
                      e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
                        Oh hey, we got one of these thingers.

Only comments I have so far are that a) it is nice to finally have some size on this team to balance speedy scorers and b) I've never been more confident in a goaltender than I am in Chamberlain. This girl is the real deal.

I'm definitely looking forward to, rather than nervously dreading, this season's big ticket match-ups. From what I've been observing in practices, and from talking with coaches and some of the players, this may very well be "the year". It'd be nice to see them go all the way before losing Stack and Dagg, two of the players that have arguably made this team what it is.

That's the way, a-huh a-huh I'd like it.
                        Imagine if Erica O was still here...
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

I always liked Owczarczak and she made a move to go on to a better conference, which I can't blame her for. At least she isn't talent going to waste on a bad team like some other players that have left our program :-)
                          e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                            The moratorium ends in August I believe, and I think they will file paperwork shortly thereafter.
                            Moratorium does indeed end in August, but the paperwork must be filed by July.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

One point regarding this moratorium that has not been mentioned. While it is true that it "ends" next summer......that does not mean that there is a ticket being punched for RIT, and for that matter, any other D2 or D3 school in any sport to launch into Division 1.

The truth is, that there is little or no interest, at the NCAA or Nationally among member schools, to allow single sport movement to D1. While RIT has clearly voiced their interest in D1 women's ice hockey.....it simply may not happen. As on now, it is more likely that next summer a ruling will come down that no upward movement will be allowed. Unless an unusual atmospheric change occurs in the halls of the NCAA........RIT may only see D1 womens hockey if the entire athletic program goes D1.

If that were to be in the cards......there will need to be a complete overhaul of the department, as for the most part.....they are all D3 minds.

Comment

Working...
                              X