>>>>RIT Tigers 2010-2011<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>RIT Tigers 2010-2011<<<<

plattsburgh wins on all the relevant tie breakers with the RIT loss to oswego

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
      plattsburgh wins on all the relevant tie breakers with the RIT loss to oswego
      Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it go to record vs common conference opponents in a descending order. Record by each team versus Elmira is next in line after head to head and wins are a wash.

RIT would have swept Elmira and Plattsburgh would have split with Elmira. RIT wins the tie-breaker. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also to the RIT fan below, the Norwich games have no relevance in this process. Everything is conference derived. The Norwich games mean nothing.

I'm wrong...nothing to see here ...Been wrong before...Be wrong again at some point
      Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 02-18-2011, 10:16 AM.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it go to record vs common conference opponents in a descending order. Record by each team versus Elmira is next in line after head to head and wins are a wash.

RIT would have swept Elmira and Plattsburgh would have split with Elmira. RIT wins the tie-breaker. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also to the RIT fan below, the Norwich games have no relevance in this process. Everything is conference derived. The Norwich games mean nothing.
        Not so sure about that. If for example Plattsburgh and RIT finish with equal records lets go down the tie breaker listings:

1. Comparison of game results between the tied teams (head-to-head);
        ==> IIRC they tied each other twice, on to the next tiebreaker.

2. Number of league wins;
        ==> With identical records this would also be a tie, on to the next tiebreaker.

3. Comparison of results against common opponents; and

==> You can throw out the league records, since due to the fact that both teams have the same record in the league, and tied each other HTH, by definition records against common opponents within the league is also the same, as they would both have the identical set of opponents schedule....Therefore my Interpretation is that this tie-breaker looks at the results amongst common opponents outside of the ECAC West.

4. Overall record.
        Last edited by OnMAA; 02-17-2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

They do count, common opponant league and non-league. The ECAC would go straight down the schedules and determine a winning percentage in those games.

Comment

Anyone know why King is in net tonight??

Powers &8^]

Comment

well, get your tickets ladies and gents, we are officially hosting the ECAC West tournament.. congrats to the ladies on an OUTSTANDING year =)

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                Anyone know why King is in net tonight??

Powers &8^]
                I do but I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell you haha it's not injury related though.

Either way, PLAYOFFS!
                e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Well it worked out. =)

But now I'm a bit worried with Chamberlain's most recent game before the playoffs being three weeks prior and a loss to boot.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I believe the playoffs will look like this:
                    1 RIT-BYE
                    2 Plattsburgh-Bye
                    6 Utica vs 3 Elmira
                    5 Oswego vs 4 Neumann

Picking the winners are gonna be tough. Oswego and Neumann split with identical scores(3-1). Utica has been playing tough the past few weekends. I'm thinking Utica might just steal the game from Elmira. Neumann and Oswego is a toss up but I think I'll give the slight edge to Neumann. Regardless of what happens next weekend I think there is a good chance to see Plattsburgh and RIT in the final for what should be one hell of a game.
                    RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                      I believe the playoffs will look like this:
                      1 RIT-BYE
                      2 Plattsburgh-Bye
                      6 Utica vs 3 Elmira
                      5 Oswego vs 4 Neumann

Picking the winners are gonna be tough. Oswego and Neumann split with identical scores(3-1). Utica has been playing tough the past few weekends. I'm thinking Utica might just steal the game from Elmira. Neumann and Oswego is a toss up but I think I'll give the slight edge to Neumann. Regardless of what happens next weekend I think there is a good chance to see Plattsburgh and RIT in the final for what should be one hell of a game.
                      I feel Platty vs RIT is the end result.. only question is will people show up? It is spring break and I doubt we can get the type of crowd we got last few times these 2 teams faced off.. quite frankly it would be a miracle but who knows?

Comment

Wow, awfully quiet considering we're hosting the league tournament this year!

Of course, without ticket info...

Powers &8^]

Comment

I got to ask... how on earth did they lose to Oswego? I want to see RIT take the whole thing but losing to Oswego is not going to cut it! Getting a little over condifident or just a rough game?

Comment

Originally posted by 71miracleman View Post
                            I got to ask... how on earth did they lose to Oswego? I want to see RIT take the whole thing but losing to Oswego is not going to cut it! Getting a little over condifident or just a rough game?
                            Oswego isn't a bad team. Their recruiting class this year was considered one of the better ones in the country and they have one of the best goaltenders in the country in Emi Williams.

Should RIT have won on paper? Probably, but that's why they play the games and it's hard for ANY team to go undefeated a whole season especially in today's game with the growth there has been in women's hockey over the last five years or so.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm wrong...nothing to see here ...Been wrong before...Be wrong again at some point
                              Wow...I almost scrolled right past this one...think I'll keep this one in "the vault"...!!!

Comment

So, did Utica do us a favor by upsetting Elmira -- or did Plattsburgh get the better end of the deal? Platty now gets to face Neumann instead of Elmira in the semis, and while we get Utica instead of Neumann, it's now more likely we'll face Platty in the final.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X