NCAA Division III hockey at Michigan Stadium ....press release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Division III hockey at Michigan Stadium ....press release

old time hockey.......this will be a treat !

http://www.adrianbulldogs.com/sports..._the_big_house

Re: NCAA Division III hockey at Michigan Stadium ....press release

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
    old time hockey.......this will be a treat !

http://www.adrianbulldogs.com/sports..._the_big_house
    Great idea for marketing the school and D3 hockey.

Comment

Do you think that will be a record for most empty seats at a D-III game.
      Looking forward to going.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmadison View Post
        Great idea for marketing the school and D3 hockey.
        Really!? Pitting Adrian against a team that hasn't won a game in years effectively ensuring a bloodbath in a cavernous empty stadium at 9:30am. This will be UGLY from every perspective. If any Michigan schools were contemplating starting D3 programs, this potential debacle will certainly dissuade them from continuing down that road.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
          Really!? Pitting Adrian against a team that hasn't won a game in years effectively ensuring a bloodbath in a cavernous empty stadium at 9:30am. This will be UGLY from every perspective. If any Michigan schools were contemplating starting D3 programs, this potential debacle will certainly dissuade them from continuing down that road.
          I'm disapponted that you feel that way elbo. I think you're missing the point. It's a hockey game. I think if you asked any player on any team if they would like a chance to play one time at this venue the answer would be a resounding yes.The only thing that could screw this up is rain. Cavernous......yes, .....Empty...... probably except for family friends and faithful fans. However the memories for all the participants will be good ones.
          The players their families and friends and fans that attend this event will recall the fun and probably forget the score.

The two teams that will play, began their DIII programs in the MCHA at the same time. They are senior ladened and it's fitting that the schedule worked out for them have this opportunity. Congrats to Fogarty and Hrkac.
          Last edited by NorthernLite; 10-29-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I don't dispute that it will be great for the players and their parents, but Madison claimed it would be good for D3 ... I think not so much. Please don't feel disappointed over anything I say or believe ... we're all quite different which makes us collectively quite interesting.
            ... Empty...... probably except for family friends and faithful fans. However the memories for all the participants will be good ones.

The players their families and friends and fans that attend this event will recall the fun and probably forget the score.

Comment

Really!? Pitting Adrian against a team that hasn't won a game in years effectively ensuring a bloodbath in a cavernous empty stadium at 9:30am. This will be UGLY from every perspective.
              Perhaps Mitch Albom will be in attendance with an Adrian scraf on and a "Bulldog Hockey" keychain?
              All I do is muck bins 24x7 x 365

Comment

I don't dispute that it will be great for the players and their parents, but Madison claimed it would be good for D3 ... I think not so much. Please don't feel disappointed over anything I say or believe ... we're all quite different which makes us collectively quite interesting.
                This event will draw attention to DIII hockey, and probably on a larger scale than the customary local DIII media sources. The possibilty exists that Fox Detroit will televise the game.

If marketing efforts result in attendance of 6000+.......can you tell me the last time a greater number attended any DIII game ....championship or otherwise ?

This game might just bring DIII hockey into the radar of high school athletes considering their options.....in Michigan where only 2 teams currently exist, or Wisconsin.......or heaven forbid news of the event reaches some of the colonies in the East.

This will be alot of fun for participants in particular, and potentially of great benefit to DIII hockey in general. Anyone who can't see this must have blurred vision.....(your avatar comes to mind)
                I suspect that you are a minority of two (2) in your contention that this will be "UGLY from every perspective".
                Last edited by NorthernLite; 10-29-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I suspect that you are a minority of one (1) in your contention that this will be "UGLY from every perspective".
                  Make that two...

A mismatch in a near empty football stadium is no way to build the D3 hockey brand...it's stunt that strokes the ego of the college administration and a few bloated alums who will tailgate and make believe they are at the Michigan-Ohio State football game...

Nothing worse than showing 90,000 empty seats on television...unless its television created by a regional sports net wannabe like Fox Detroit

On the plus side, the lines to the restrooms will be the shortest in Big House history!
                  Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 10-29-2010, 01:33 PM.
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I like how people whine and whine that DIII gets treated like some stepsister, but then every time something higher profile happens people complain about it as well.

Stout played St. Olaf in a nearly empty NHL arena (turnout was actually pretty solid, but in a 19k seat arena it obviously looked empty) last year and it was an awesome experience for everyone. Don't see while this should be any different.
                    Last edited by XYZ; 10-29-2010, 01:46 PM.
                    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Put me down on the thumbs up side in this one ... what a great venue to play in ... although from a personal standpoint if I was doing PBP of the game I'd probably need binoculars to see the puck ... but believe me if Norwich ever got the chance to play in a game like that I'd say without hesitation ... GO FOR IT!

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                        I like how people whine and whine that DIII gets treated like some stepsister, but then every time something higher profile happens people complain about it as well.

Stout played St. Olaf in a nearly empty NHL arena (turnout was actually pretty solid, but in a 19k seat arena it obviously looked empty) last year and it was an awesome experience for everyone. Don't see while this should be any different.
                        This event isn't about DIII hockey - it's all about Adrian

Last season's results between these two teams - 8-0, 11-2, 11-1, 5-3 (no truth to the rumor that Adrian's women's team played the fourth game).

That's 35-6 folks, so unless the Red Wings show up in Concordia sweaters, its a safe bet you know how this is gonna go....

If you want to showcase DIII hockey, put on a better matchup.....
                        LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                          ... but believe me if Norwich ever got the chance to play in a game like that I'd say without hesitation ... GO FOR IT!
                          Norwich would have the class and the guts to schedule a great match-up....
                          LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                            If you want to showcase DIII hockey, put on a better matchup.....
                            You sir have nailed it. This is a joke of a match-up. This isn't showcasing Div. III hockey, it's showcasing Adrian slaughtering one of the worst teams in Div. III hockey on a large stage. Adrian is known for it's publicity stunts and here is yet another. When people see the paddling Adrian will hand down it will only hurt Div. III as a whole, 7-1, 10-0 -- whatever it ends up being.

People with no exposure to NCAA D3 would surely like to see a good game between two good teams, not an a** paddling as Adrian tries to make itself feel "big and bad" in the Big House.

Terrible!!!!!!!!
                            All I do is muck bins 24x7 x 365

Comment

It's no more of a publicity stunt than the Stout-St. Olaf game was last year. Both games were already on the schedule long before the venue change possibility surfaced.

That one was a great event and this one will be as well. I'm sure Concordia-WI is happy to know that people don't feel it is worthy of participating in such an event, though. Maybe the Falcons should just go hide in a corner? Get real.

And I'm more than willing to keep asking: What sort of disorder do you have that you are too chicken**** to troll with your own name, old MnB?
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Working...
                              X