Board Discussion Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Discussion Down?

Maybe I'm crazy but does it feel like board discussion is down this year to anyone else? I realize we just got started and the majority of D-III hasn't played a game yet and the CCCP schools are still a month away, but I still feel like topics and discussion are down.

Maybe it's the rise of D3west...maybe it's the Oswego media members restriction from posting....maybe it's norm's fault for not putting up enough links....maybe it's the site re-design's fault...

I don't know...just seems like discussion is down to me. The participations in the SUNYAC and ECAC West pick'ems look like they are down.

Anyone else with thoughts? Or just tell me to shut up and pick a team already.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Board Discussion Down?

Well:
    1) It's still 74º outside
    2) There were no league previews from which to glean discussion topics
    3) Half the teams have yet to hit the ice
    4) We're all getting older and wiser, and less vociferous?
    5) The ECAC is in such dismal state that the future is bleak

Comment

........cont'd
      6) Only one (1)Adrian thread....and it's on page 2
      7) MCHA were awarded the AQ
      8) colourful posters are less involved......
      ie: some personal fav's --> doncheery, MCHA Guru, POYB, gojackets, GB Puck Fan, fornax, RC Caveman,
      Last edited by NorthernLite; 10-26-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Maybe I'm crazy but does it feel like board discussion is down this year to anyone else? I realize we just got started and the majority of D-III hasn't played a game yet and the CCCP schools are still a month away, but I still feel like topics and discussion are down.

Maybe it's the rise of D3west...maybe it's the Oswego media members restriction from posting....maybe it's norm's fault for not putting up enough links....maybe it's the site re-design's fault...

I don't know...just seems like discussion is down to me. The participations in the SUNYAC and ECAC West pick'ems look like they are down.

Anyone else with thoughts? Or just tell me to shut up and pick a team already.
        Oh no, it can't be me

We're so sorry but we haven't heard a thing all day,
        We're so sorry, uncle albert,
        But if anything should happen
        We'll be sure to give a ring.

"we're so sorry, uncle albert,
        But we haven't done a bloody thing all day.
        We're so sorry, uncle albert,
        But the kettle's on the boil
        And we're so eas'ly called away."
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

It's not just you, Joe, and it's not just D-III, either. Posting seems to be down in the Cafe, as well as some of the D-1 threads as well.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

must be the recession .its all obamas fault............and begin......

Comment

I agree with you for once Prez, but not on that pick you made for the Genny/Platty game. I guess you really are trying to get more people to post like me,huh? Just kidding, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                must be the recession .its all obamas fault............and begin......
                No, there's already a thread for that in the Cafe.

A long time ago my dad gave me some very astute advice he picked up while working at Ford for 35 years. There are two things you do NOT discuss in public: Politics and Religion. Among friends is one thing. In public is an entirely different issue.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                  I agree with you for once Prez, but not on that pick you made for the Genny/Platty game. I guess you really are trying to get more people to post like me,huh? Just kidding, of course.
                  ...Just a wild shot in the dark. Geneseo has been playing some impressive hockey since the financial aid violations last year. The Ira S Wilson will be packed and that can be a pretty tough place to play when the Ice Knights are winning with the students and pep band rocking the house.

Heck, if you go by what Emery said in the P-R it sounds like he thinks the Cards will be .500 this year. But he makes the same speech pretty much every year in the opening game I've learned my lesson by now.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    ...Just a wild shot in the dark. Geneseo has been playing some impressive hockey since the financial aid violations last year. The Ira S Wilson will be packed and that can be a pretty tough place to play when the Ice Knights are winning with the students and pep band rocking the house.

Heck, if you go by what Emery said in the P-R it sounds like he thinks the Cards will be .500 this year. But he makes the same speech pretty much every year in the opening game I've learned my lesson by now.
                    In this case, it's only fair that I take Buffalo State over Oswego on Friday night.

And I 100% agree. Bored discussion is sadly down.
                    Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                    1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                    21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Chum

I think our numbers are also down a bit, which could contribute to the decrease. How many “noobs” do we have this year? (Hint-hint... Intro thread) Not enough to replace those who may have “moved-on” (or “retired”… but they’ll be back ). My AIM list (consisting of approximately 400 USCHO’ers, both DI & DIII) is littered with posters from days-of-old... many of whom are either posting far less frequently, or not at all.

There is also a significant reduction of “urinating contests” this year. For a while here, you couldn’t click refresh without stumbling across one. Yes, this was often entertaining, but in moderation. When there is an excessive amount of ignorant banter, it can get old quick. Disagree if you must, but be warned... I’m loaded-up with two pots of coffee and a gallon of water!!

Maybe we are all collectively just a bit older and wiser (elbojpb #4). I mean, come-on... nobody has their panties in a bunch about the poll that just came-out? Instead, we all just kind of looked at it, nodded our heads, and are waiting for the games to either justify or debunk the poll.

(NorthernLite #6) “Only one (1) Adrian thread...” Recall the good ol’ days when that team had to prove themselves on paper? When there were numerous threads either declaring their greatness and/or denying their right to exist in the post-season? Nope, not now... they get to do it all on the ice. Enough said, no discussion needed.

So with all that, let’s chum the waters, shall we? No, not with any BTHC or College Hockey Video Game topics. Sticking with what we know:

MCHA > NCHA
                      Forrrrresters = Nashunil Champeeun
                      __________ is the best conference (overall, top-to-bottom, most NCAA titles, Eastern, Western, mid-Western)
                      __________ cheese is better than __________ cheese
                      ECAC NE Autobid takes another chance away from a team in a legitimate conference
                      TTF hurt my feelings (a “borrowed” Mr. Hockey classic)
                      __________ has no class
                      EASTERN BIAS!!!
                      __________ is academically superior to __________, despite (or in spite of) their hockey success

Game on.
                      Dave
                      RIT - '90

Comment

Re: Chum

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                        Speaking of which, he's been gone for a while.

And other than Platty pasting someone in an exhibition by two TDs and a FG, there really hasn't been a good beatdown in a little while.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                          I think our numbers are also down a bit, which could contribute to the decrease. How many “noobs” do we have this year? (Hint-hint... Intro thread) Not enough to replace those who may have “moved-on” (or “retired”… but they’ll be back ). My AIM list (consisting of approximately 400 USCHO’ers, both DI & DIII) is littered with posters from days-of-old... many of whom are either posting far less frequently, or not at all.

There is also a significant reduction of “urinating contests” this year. For a while here, you couldn’t click refresh without stumbling across one. Yes, this was often entertaining, but in moderation. When there is an excessive amount of ignorant banter, it can get old quick. Disagree if you must, but be warned... I’m loaded-up with two pots of coffee and a gallon of water!!

Maybe we are all collectively just a bit older and wiser (elbojpb #4). I mean, come-on... nobody has their panties in a bunch about the poll that just came-out? Instead, we all just kind of looked at it, nodded our heads, and are waiting for the games to either justify or debunk the poll.

(NorthernLite #6) “Only one (1) Adrian thread...” Recall the good ol’ days when that team had to prove themselves on paper? When there were numerous threads either declaring their greatness and/or denying their right to exist in the post-season? Nope, not now... they get to do it all on the ice. Enough said, no discussion needed.

So with all that, let’s chum the waters, shall we? No, not with any BTHC or College Hockey Video Game topics. Sticking with what we know:

MCHA > NCHA
                          __________ is the best conference (overall, top-to-bottom, most NCAA titles, Eastern, Western, mid-Western)
                          __________ cheese is better than __________ cheese
                          ECAC NE Autobid takes another chance away from a team in a legitimate conference
                          TTF hurt my feelings (a “borrowed” Mr. Hockey classic)
                          __________ has no class
                          EASTERN BIAS!!!
                          __________ is academically superior to __________, despite (or in spite of) their hockey success

Game on.
                          Good list except you forgot one thing.

"It's always RIT's fault"

GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            Speaking of which, he's been gone for a while.

And other than Platty pasting someone in an exhibition by two TDs and a FG, there really hasn't been a good beatdown in a little while.
                            Make that the "other" SUNYAC school...Oswego

We beat that Platty team three times last year.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Ah, so that's what happens when I drink paint thinner before I read the box scores.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X