8 Gustavus Adolphus 20-7-2 122 7
    9 Wisconsin-River Falls 18-9-2 118 12
    10 Adrian 24-4-0 113 10
    11 St. Scholastica 17-5-6 101 11
    12 Elmira 19-9-1 84 9
    13 Williams 15-6-3 50 13
    14 Amherst 16-5-4 38 14
    15 Hamline 16-6-4 35 15
    Others Receiving Votes: St. Thomas 21, Babson 12, Curry 9, Hobart 8, Geneseo 7, Marian 5, Neumann 5, Augsburg 3, Wentworth 3, New England College 2, Hamilton 1, Wisconsin-Stevens Point 1, Wisconsin-Stout 1

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-iii-...#ixzz13PjLJilo

Re: First USCHO D3 poll out!!!

Oswego is #2, right underneath the reigning National Champ. No complaints from me

Comment

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
      Let the whining begin:

October 25, 2010
      Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
      1 Norwich (14) 26-1-4 266 1
      2 Oswego ( 3) 26-3-0 246 2
      3 St. Norbert 24-4-3 237 3
      4 Plattsburgh ( 1) 19-6-4 211 5
      5 Middlebury 19-5-4 183 4
      6 Manhattanville 20-6-1 147 8
      7 Bowdoin 19-7-1 131 6
      8 Gustavus Adolphus 20-7-2 122 7
      9 Wisconsin-River Falls 18-9-2 118 12
      10 Adrian 24-4-0 113 10
      11 St. Scholastica 17-5-6 101 11
      12 Elmira 19-9-1 84 9
      13 Williams 15-6-3 50 13
      14 Amherst 16-5-4 38 14
      15 Hamline 16-6-4 35 15
      Others Receiving Votes: St. Thomas 21, Babson 12, Curry 9, Hobart 8, Geneseo 7, Marian 5, Neumann 5, Augsburg 3, Wentworth 3, New England College 2, Hamilton 1, Wisconsin-Stevens Point 1, Wisconsin-Stout 1

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-iii-...#ixzz13PjLJilo
      As usual, it's just the final poll of the last season, with a little change in the order.

My comments:
      1. How is Oswego ahead of St. Norbert? St. Norbert beat Oswego last year, and the Lakers lost a lot more than the Green Knights did, that's for sure!

2. St. Norbert, who put in a valiant effort and was literally a bounce of the puck away from a national championship, and still has their tournament MVP goalie, is the only one of last year's final four teams with no first-place votes? I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

3. Clearly the voters are hesitant to keep Elmira in the top 10, probably as a result of the loss of Casey Tuttle in goal. I don't necessarily disagree with them dropping to #12, but I certainly believe that they'll work their way back up soon enough.

I'd say this is a good preseason poll, except I would switch Oswego and St. Norbert, and would have liked to see at least 1 first-place vote for each of the top 4.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

not that the polls mean a pinch-o-pooh, but i'm fine with the #3 spot for snc. keep the boys hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          As usual, it's just the final poll of the last season, with a little change in the order.

My comments:
          1. How is Oswego ahead of St. Norbert? St. Norbert beat Oswego last year, and the Lakers lost a lot more than the Green Knights did, that's for sure!

2. St. Norbert, who put in a valiant effort and was literally a bounce of the puck away from a national championship, and still has their tournament MVP goalie, is the only one of last year's final four teams with no first-place votes? I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

3. Clearly the voters are hesitant to keep Elmira in the top 10, probably as a result of the loss of Casey Tuttle in goal. I don't necessarily disagree with them dropping to #12, but I certainly believe that they'll work their way back up soon enough.

I'd say this is a good preseason poll, except I would switch Oswego and St. Norbert, and would have liked to see at least 1 first-place vote for each of the top 4.
          The top 5 are ok, but other than that this poll is brutal. I wouldn't rank st thomas or gustavus at this point, hamline or st olaf should be the top miac team. river falls shouldn't be ahead of scholastica, bowdoin... uh.... how'd their NCAA game go again? etc.

Nice of uscho to put a big link and lead on the front page for this poll.

Comment

I understand its last years poll changed just a tad bit around, but it is supposed to be the first one of the year so If friggen Hamilton can get a vote....how doesent Utica?
            Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
            Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
            Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
            2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
            2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
              I understand its last years poll changed just a tad bit around, but it is supposed to be the first one of the year so If friggen Hamilton can get a vote....how doesent Utica?
              Easy there, Son. Remember that Hamilton got just one more vote than Utica did.
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Being as I apparently won this preseason poll, according to the "completely unofficial yada yada yada" poll, I'll have to agree, but I will say that I'm a little surprised Elmira is as low as they are... but, Oswego did also just take two from them this past weekend...so I suppose all is justified?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuy_11 View Post
                  Being as I apparently won this preseason poll, according to the "completely unofficial yada yada yada" poll, I'll have to agree, but I will say that I'm a little surprised Elmira is as low as they are... but, Oswego did also just take two from them this past weekend...so I suppose all is justified?
                  Got to think Geneseo getting seven votes is based on their 1-0-1 record against Neumann this weekend. So combined with Elmira (and maybe Oswego), not a "true" preseason poll we're looking at.

Thanks for getting that out before the games started, USCHO.
                  2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
                  2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
                  2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
                  Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

A very interesting development - not necessarily one I personally like either. I'll take the Lakers for starters - pulling for these guys, I'd like a little more distance between them and the top. Being #1 (or a stone's throw away) is splendid and all, but the season is exceptionally young, and so is the squad. Elmira was good for starters, but there is a lot to be seen yet from the talent. Its a personal mojo thing too - the ones near the top stand to lose a lot more from a stumble, especially this early.

Returning experience doesn't necessarily guarantee the same results as the previous season - that being said though, SNC did in fact defeat my beloved Lakers, and played the mother of all defensive stands for nearly 100 minutes last year against the powerful Cadets. Unless there's a stagnant aspect to the squad's development that has yet to be unearthed, those guys from St N. should be 2nd...and it goes back to the mojo thing too.

Otherwise, according to the poll, Bowdoin must still have hope, Elmira's going to turn things around, and Hobart, Geneseo, and Curry have some fight this year? Excellent.
                    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                    this is for you."
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                      Easy there, Son. Remember that Hamilton got just one more vote than Utica did.
                      still no fair.....

When hamilton cries about this crap, they can cry in their ferraris......

we can't even do that!
                      Our bite is worse than our bark....
                      Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
                        Got to think Geneseo getting seven votes is based on their 1-0-1 record against Neumann this weekend. So combined with Elmira (and maybe Oswego), not a "true" preseason poll we're looking at.

Thanks for getting that out before the games started, USCHO.
                        Well apparently the D3 women's "preseason" poll isn't coming out til next monday when there will already have been 25 d3 games
                        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
                          still no fair.....

When hamilton cries about this crap, they can cry in their ferraris......

we can't even do that!
                          And that is their faculty members, no less.
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

How come there are 18 first place votes??? I thought there were only 15 voters.
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                              How come there are 18 first place votes??? I thought there were only 15 voters.
                              It is all the Division III Men’s West Region Writer's fault!!!
                              Last edited by norm1909; 10-26-2010, 09:50 AM.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X