Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers @ CC Tigers: Oct 29/30

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    It's a hockey night in Colorado! A bunch of CC fans will do some "tailgating" at the brand new Buffalo Wild Wings next door to the World Arena prior to the game. Friday night, friends, beer, hockey, good stuff. Just hope Western Wisconsin plays poorly tonight!!

Go get'em Tigers!!
    It's about time that we had a sports bar next to the arena. Go CC!

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
      It's about time that we had a sports bar next to the arena. Go CC!
      Wait, Mankato had something before another town did?
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        I think it's commendable that you at least acknowledged your need for a second psychotherapeutic assessment. Your negative affective outcome in response to my post is intrinsically salient in clients with your negative attachment status, so I'm not surprised. I would recommend that you resist any cognitive attempts to formulate any opinions at this stage of your treatment cycle. Just lay low for while until you can get help.
        Dang, I wish I could use words--it just looks so good, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          You remember a fiction. They've always been sucky--just luckier. And you were probably drunker. I suffered the same affliction (the Kelly green version), until therapy set me free.
          Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            I was simply amazed by the number of people that cheered on Friday night when Kangas got yanked. It was like they didn't realize that he was getting hung out to dry and only one or two of those goals were his fault.
            I didn't really hear any cheering when Kangas got pulled last Friday.

Aside from that, while Kangas did get hung out to dry in the 1st period, he looked downright foolish on both the 4th and 5th goals. Those two came about 3 minutes apart, and totally put the game out of reach. While Kangas is a good goaltender who has been victimized by his team early this year, the 2nd period last Friday he victimized his team. That 3 minute stretch is one that your goaltender simply cannot allow if you want your team to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Ok.

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
              I didn't really hear any cheering when Kangas got pulled last Friday.

Aside from that, while Kangas did get hung out to dry in the 1st period, he looked downright foolish on both the 4th and 5th goals. Those two came about 3 minutes apart, and totally put the game out of reach. While Kangas is a good goaltender who has been victimized by his team early this year, the 2nd period last Friday he victimized his team. That 3 minute stretch is one that your goaltender simply cannot allow if you want your team to be successful.
              This.

Comment

Solid 4-1 win for the Gophers tonight. Other than some puck control lapses in the 2nd, the Gophers had a strong effort and created scoring chances around the net. Overall the D is playing better. Mark Alt is stepping up on D. CC actually outshot the Gophers 28-24, but Patterson made some good saves and has only allowed 2 GA in 7 and a half periods. He's my choice for tomorrow night.

Comment

Gopher D was ok. CC was just horrible on special teams. I think Don Juan plays Kangas tomorrow and CC gets the split.
                  Originally posted by vizoroo
                  Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                  Originally posted by duper
                  I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                  Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                  Originally posted by dggoddard
                  Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                    Gopher D was ok. CC was just horrible on special teams. I think Don Juan plays Kangas tomorrow and CC gets the split.
                    OK works for D when we have a good offense/PP.

Comment

Gophers outplayed CC Friday night. And CCtig got to meet Mrs. Fairchild! All things considered it was a good night!!
                      World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

-I thought the Budish line looked terrible. They seemed to repeatedly get in each other's way and spent way too much time trying to cycle along the rail rather than driving to the net

-The PP has returned to oblivion

-It appears there's an "angel gets its wings" thing going on with Ness and Fairchild, as in every time someone b|tches about them LaPanta is forced to say something positive

-Love the play of Patterson and for the most part the team defense, but CC had too many backdoor chances early that better teams would have utilized to put them into an early hole

-Overall glad to see them get: a win, in conference, on the road, on Friday night, with Patterson in net. However, this game should produce plenty of film room teachable moments

Comment

Good win last night it's always nice to get 2pts on Friday night. Does tDon start Patterson again or switch to Kangas tonight?

I have said and still believe that he should start Patterson again tonight nothing against Kangas at all I still think he's a good goalie. I also realize the D have played much better in front of Patterson but he has also looked very sharp back there and has won a couple of games in a row. Either way let's get out the brooms tonight.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

CC had plenty of chances while the game was still 2-1, but the PP was awful and the team couldn't finish the good chances that they WERE able to generate. They skated well, and I thought the passing was very crisp at times early in the game, but Minnesota made them pay for their mistakes. I thought Howe played well. 2 of the 3 goals he gave up were not really his fault, IMHO, and he made some big stops to keep that game at 2-1 for as long as it was. Patterson played well and stopped a few good chances, but I thought the Gophers' D got stronger and stronger as the game went on, which certainly helped him. Overall a very good game for Minnesota. As for CC, well, there are going to be a lot of growing pains this year, but I believe the talent is there and that they will improve. Hopefully that starts tonight by salvaging a split.
                            Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                            -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

....However, this game should produce plenty of film room teachable moments
                              For both teams
                              Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                              -dggoddard

Comment

*****http://mma.lohudblogs.com/files/2008/05/kool-aidman.jpg******
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X