Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Mankato travels to Anchorage, 10/29-30

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Speaking of "lamestream" media getting things wrong ...

Apparently MSU has also changed it's name to "Bulldogs".
    That sounds like and exciting matchup
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

This is a great opportunity for the Mavericks to try and pick points up here early in the season. If they want to make any type of noise this year, they need atleast two points, four would be great, but I would guess we see a split.

Fans are definitely losing intrest fast. Not even the students are as interested this year, IMHO. I'll always love hockey here in Mankato, but it's disappointing when we can ever even qualify for the Final Five, let alone the National Tournament.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
        Speaking of "lamestream" media getting things wrong ...

Apparently MSU has also changed it's name to "Bulldogs".
        Consider the source. Nobody ever said Doyle Woody was smart. A smart ***** maybe.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
          Does anybody have a video link for the game? I remember watching it last year via stream. As for the lack of fans on the forum and in the seats. I will always follow the team but I don't feel compelled to write a lot on this forum because I'm just not that excited about this season.
          This is the usual link, but I'm not sure how well it has been working this season. I heard that it worked for the UND game during the Kendall Classic but all of the dates listed on the website look like last season. It usually doesn't work until game time so you might just have to be patient. Good luck

http://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_...B_OEM_ID=13400

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Consider the source. Nobody ever said Doyle Woody was smart. A smart ***** maybe.
            I couldn't have said it better. I often wonder why the university keeps giving him a media pass every season. If he's going to write negativly more often than not, why not let him pay to get into the game? And if he didn't even bother to show up, he could probably write a better article just off the box score then he does now.

Comment

Well, 3-2 Mavs despite being outshot by a large margin. It's hard to tell from listening to the radio how much the shots on goal actually reflected the difference in play, but we need the two points and will take them.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

We had the typical parade to the penalty box in the third, but cooker had a pretty good game once again. Interesting to see the response from the Sea Wolves on Saturday. they have a penchant for winning the Saturday tilt after losing on Friday.........pretty much against any WCHA team. Pretty weird. Look for cooker in the nets again tomorrow

Comment

well, big win on Friday! Hopefully we can get the brooms out tonight, that would be a huge sweep for this team!
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                    Well, 3-2 Mavs despite being outshot by a large margin. It's hard to tell from listening to the radio how much the shots on goal actually reflected the difference in play, but we need the two points and will take them.
                    I watched the game online, and Cook came up with some huge saves. He robbed Kwas twice in the slot. Any time you get outshot two to one, you have to credit your goalie for being the game changer.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Three points on the road? I'll take it. November is going to be a long month. Not a single home game during the month.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                      X