PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac @ St. Cloud State - 10/29-10/30

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Bronzebacks
10-28-2010, 12:32 PM
He knows if he would have tried that on Lee that Mike would have beat his ***** over the summer.

goldy_331
10-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Speaking of questionable hits and contact to the head, did anyone else see what appeared to be Aaron Ness elbowing Dan Dunn in the head while making a save on a rush to the net during the game on Sunday? To add insult to injury, the camera followed Ness to the bench where it appeared that he was smerking to another goofer and joking about the shot he took on Dan. Did I miss something? Why not at least a major penalty on that play?

Oooh, that big meanie!:rolleyes:

scsutommyboy
10-28-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm not just a stat chaser, I watched both of the Gopher games in person. Yeah, they cycled the puck a lot, but its about finishing or at least getting off quality shots, and they weren't doing that enough. I've seen a lot of teams over the past decade who make a lot of passes but then don't get a good shot on net in the end, so what good is that?

Wow Euro, you are actually making sense this week.:eek::p

The Vicar
10-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Funny you mentioned this. I was looking at the box score from the Maine/UND game. In Friday's game they had 3 elbowing calls, a boarding call, and a game misconduct for contact to the head. There were a few hits after the whistle called as well. This is why the have had trouble playing outside of the WCHA. They get called on a lot more questionable hits and spend a lot of time in the box. They are a good team...no question. But if WCHA refs called games like other conferences do, they would have to clean it up drastically.

Maybe this is what their new nickname ought to be: "Dirt bags" or "cheap shots"

Skeeterman
10-28-2010, 01:35 PM
He knows if he would have tried that on Lee that Mike would have beat his ***** over the summer.

Are you from Bronzeback mountain?

Bronzebacks
10-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Ohh come on Skeet....You know where I am from. We go "fishing" together. That's how you got your moniker. You skeet guzzler.

Skeeterman
10-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Ohh come on Skeet....You know where I am from. We go "fishing" together. That's how you got your moniker. You skeet guzzler.

Fergus Falls, or the naked fishermen?

SCSU Euro
10-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow Euro, you are actually making sense this week.:eek::p

The world must be coming to an end, wait... then why aren't the Vikings on their way to a Super Bowl title? You gonna be at the game on Friday? Think we're gonna be drinking old man! :D

Tipsy McStagger
10-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Agreed. The huskies shot selection last weekend made me think they wanted the shots blocked.

The gophers didn't give them any open shots on the PP on Sunday. The Gophers played really well and the 2 or 3 times we had an open net to shoot at we whiffed. No shame in losing that game to a talented Gopher team that played their rear ends off for once.

First Time, Long Time
10-28-2010, 11:47 PM
LW-C-RW
10-Ben Hanowski-19-Drew LeBlanc-11-Jared Festler
28-Mitch MacMillan-17-Aaron Marvin-12-Travis Novak
27-Tony Mosey-9-Garrett Roe-21-Brian Volpei
23-Cam Reid-16-Nick Oslund-26-Nic Dowd

Defense
18-Chris Hepp-14-Nick Jensen
25-Oliver Lauridsen-4-Taylor Johnson
7-Kevin Gravel-6-Brett Barta

Goalie
30-Mike Lee
41-Dan Dunn
36-Nate Hardy

scsutommyboy
10-29-2010, 08:37 AM
The world must be coming to an end, wait... then why aren't the Vikings on their way to a Super Bowl title? You gonna be at the game on Friday? Think we're gonna be drinking old man! :D

Of course I am. The kids will be with granny and I think the wife and I are going to shooters before the game.

First Time, Long Time
10-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Lively thread today. :)

section16rowA
10-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Swoon, so soon??

The Vicar
10-29-2010, 10:40 PM
No heart, no passion, no leadership! Until they can prove to me that they're a quality team again, I'm done with them! Somebody start a "fire Bob Motzko now" thread!

Biddco
10-29-2010, 10:59 PM
:eek::eek:

Overrated?

HumRsky
10-29-2010, 11:10 PM
:eek::eek: Overrated? very much so, so far

Biddco
10-29-2010, 11:24 PM
very much so, so far

Agreed. I believe they will pick it up at the second half. But what made people think they would place 2nd in the WCHA? I thought they didn't have enough scoring.

First Time, Long Time
10-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Agreed. I believe they will pick it up at the second half. But what made people think they would place 2nd in the WCHA? I thought they didn't have enough scoring.

We have the talent, the problem is the effort.
This team can't win if they don't show up to put in the effort and in 3 out of their 4 losses, they haven't.
Funny, when they have shown up to work, we're 2-1-1.

Skeeterman
10-30-2010, 10:04 AM
No heart, no passion, no leadership! Until they can prove to me that they're a quality team again, I'm done with them! Somebody start a "fire Bob Motzko now" thread!

Boy, I'm with Vicar on this one. That effort was pathetic. We are so overrated. At this rate, we will finish 7th, maybe. Lee lets in 3 sofites, and our guys can't penetrate the Quinnies. Few quality scoring chances by our boys. Can't score more than 2 against the Bobcats? I fully expected blowout last night---by our guys. Anybody else sick of our power play? Pass until you lose the puck, or telegraph your shot so it becomes a "shot on shin" instead of a shot on goal. ***

Dude Love
10-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Boy, I'm with Vicar on this one. That effort was pathetic. We are so overrated. At this rate, we will finish 7th, maybe. Lee lets in 3 sofites, and our guys can't penetrate the Quinnies. Few quality scoring chances by our boys. Can't score more than 2 against the Bobcats? I fully expected blowout last night---by our guys. Anybody else sick of our power play? Pass until you lose the puck, or telegraph your shot so it becomes a "shot on shin" instead of a shot on goal. ***

What happened to the PP I saw last Friday against the Gophers? It actually didn't look like total dog crap.